Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Release Dan Skuta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frees up $4 million in cap space (for  future Chad Henne contract $$$).

He will be missed. Not by me, but I'm sure somebody will.
Quote:He will be missed. Not by me, but I'm sure somebody will.

How can u not miss the SKOOTS?
I'm surprised by the timing.  Why now as opposed to start of free agency or after draft?   Since they traded Smith, I assume they dangled Skuta and got no takers.

Odd timing, I would imagine he would be a camp casualty if Myles Jack came out strong in camp. Yiunw I ulduar think they would at least wait until after the draft.
Smith and Skuta were probably marked on the calendar today as a "trade or release" deadline.

One was a catch, the other we cut bait.

After the draft the market is mostly done.  Before the draft is the time to move people, not after.  You fill holes/need prior to the draft as much as you can so you aren't stuck reaching or making the draft any higher risk than it already is.

Quote:Smith and Skuta were probably marked on the calendar today as a "trade or release" deadline.

One was a catch, the other we cut bait.

After the draft the market is mostly done.  Before the draft is the time to move people, not after.  You fill holes/need prior to the draft as much as you can so you aren't stuck reaching or making the draft any higher risk than it already is.
I believe this move was overdue.