Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Home opener against Green Bay is already soldout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/8/16/1...vs-packers

Hopefully it's because we have a really enthusiastic fanbase that is excited to see the "new look" Jaguars, and not just because the Packers are in town...

This game gets more and more winnable with every passing day. A rusty Jordy Nelson, and both Matthews and Peppers could possibly be suspended. Not to say we couldn't beat them if they were full strength, cause I believe we absolutely can, but this would make it easier.
I've been reading about Jaguars fans cashing in on Packers fans willing to pay up for good seats.

Quote:I've been reading about Jaguars fans cashing in on Packers fans willing to pay up for good seats.

Sadly this is probably true
Unfortunately it's probably due to the bandwagon fans in Jacksonville or in Florida period. 

It is because the Jaguars are now Scary Good.
There will be a lot of green and yellow at Everbank Field...but that's okay. Those fans will have a long upsetting drive back to Green Cove Springs, or where ever they bandwagon from.
Pessimist me says it's the cheeseheads.

Quote:Pessimist me says it's the cheeseheads.

You are probably correct.

Quote:I've been reading about Jaguars fans cashing in on Packers fans willing to pay up for good seats.

You are also probably correct.
Is it fair to assume that the game would not have sold out if the Jags were not improving?
Quote:Pessimist me says it's the cheeseheads.

Seems a bit early for the cheeseheads to be traveling, but you are probably right. Guess we will find out on gameday.
Quote:Is it fair to assume that the game would not have sold out if the Jags were not improving?

Not really.
Quote:Not really.

So you're of the opinion that it's only because of the Packers. Too bad. I was hoping sell outs would start becoming a trend.
Keep waiting on my to sell.

For what I put them up for, I'll be ecstatic if I get it. 
Quote:Sadly this is probably true

Sadly?  Hell I bought two extra tickets to the last Steelers game and made $600 on two $46 tickets, and probably could have gotten more.  I don't think that's sad at all...and it happens everywhere, not just Jax.

Quote:So you're of the opinion that it's only because of the Packers. Too bad. I was hoping sell outs would start becoming a trend.

Just my opinion, but the fact that the opener is against Green Bay is a large factor.  Couple that with reduced stadium capacity and some Jaguars fans cashing in is the real reason.

Sellouts becoming a trend will only happen when the team starts winning consistently.
Quote:Sadly? Hell I bought two extra tickets to the last Steelers game and made $600 on two $46 tickets, and probably could have gotten more. I don't think that's sad at all...and it happens everywhere, not just Jax.

You got some chump to pay 300 per ticket?!?

Was the buyer totally hammered?
Quote:You got some chump to pay 300 per ticket?!?

Was the buyer totally hammered?

I guess you've never been to a Jaguars game here.  I've had fans from Washington, Green Bay, Baltimore, etc. comment on how cheap the ticket prices are.  Fans from cities like those are used to paying that much for a "nose bleed" kind of ticket.
Quote:I guess you've never been to a Jaguars game here.  I've had fans from Washington, Green Bay, Baltimore, etc. comment on how cheap the ticket prices are.  Fans from cities like those are used to paying that much for a "nose bleed" kind of ticket.

No doubt. Just doing a quick perusal on stubhub, the average ticket price for mediocre/decent seats at M&T Bank Stadium (which I've been to twice for games) is around $300-$500  for Steelers at Ravens on 11/6. Nosebleeds are $100-$150.
Considering Packers fans have a thirty year waiting list for season tickets - the fans unable to attend games at home are quite happy to pay handsomely to watch their team. 

And yes, the prices at Everbank are still remarkably low.  I attended a giants/cowboys game at MetLife stadium in it's first year of opening. 

The ticket was gifted to me, but the face value of that ticket was over 400 dollars. 

Looking up a similarly placed seat for Jags vs tinhorns this season, I find that seat at $134.00

Pages: 1 2