Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars trade Chris Smith to Cincy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For a 2018 draft pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...to-bengals

Back to having 7 picks next year after the Brandon Albert deal

Don't hate it.
5th rd draft pick that's done pretty much nothing and we still got a conditional draft pick back for him. No matter what we got to keep Dave forever just to steal from other teams.
Quote:5th rd draft pick that's done pretty much nothing and we still got a conditional draft pick back for him. No matter what we got to keep Dave forever just to steal from other teams.
The man got a draft pick for Gabbert lol he gets my respect 
In three years I'll look up at the tv and say " oh yeah, he used to be a jag".
Glad we got the draft pick, but I always thought Smith was underrated. He didn't get much opportunity to play here, but when he did, he made some nice plays.

I don't know if he was underrated or not.  He was a pretty consistent healthy scratch on a team that had a desperate need for pass rushing ability.
Quote:Glad we got the draft pick, but I always thought Smith was underrated. He didn't get much opportunity to play here, but when he did, he made some nice plays.

That's just it... he was too talented to let go, and yet not talented enough to get on the field given the talent around him. Great move Dave!

He won't be missed. They talked about this on 1010XL's "Jaguar's Today" show. Our pass rush was pathetic enough over the last five or six years and he could never crack the line-up. He was a reserve at THE "Leo" position on this roster though. Which I thought was suppose to be the guy. 

Could be wrong. Either way. Good to see we've recouped something for him for in 2018. I am sure some people like me or okay with this. Other's will say the past coaching staff was stupid and didn't give him a chance enough to show what he could do. Which is hard to argue against. 

This website is always down
Quote:He won't be missed. They talked about this on 1010XL's "Jaguar's Today" show. Our pass rush was pathetic enough over the last five or six years and he could never crack the line-up. He was a reserve at THE "Leo" position on this roster though. Which I thought was suppose to be the guy. 

Could be wrong. Either way. Good to see we've recouped something for him for in 2018. I am sure some people like me or okay with this. Other's will say the past coaching staff was stupid and didn't give him a chance enough to show what he could do. Which is hard to argue against. 

It's like scratching off a lotto ticket to find...

...you've "won" a scratch off lotto ticket.
Quote:He won't be missed. They talked about this on 1010XL's "Jaguar's Today" show. Our pass rush was pathetic enough over the last five or six years and he could never crack the line-up. He was a reserve at THE "Leo" position on this roster though. Which I thought was suppose to be the guy. 

The coaching staff was stupid.
Quote:The coaching staff was stupid.

I agree, he flashed at times. Should be interesting to see how he does up there..
Quote:I agree, he flashed at times. Should be interesting to see how he does up there..

He wasn't developed and now could possibly be a find for Cinci.
Agree
Quote:This website is always down

Yeah....anybody know what's going on?
Quote:Glad we got the draft pick, but I always thought Smith was underrated. He didn't get much opportunity to play here, but when he did, he made some nice plays.
Quote:Yeah....anybody know what's going on?

Forgot to pay the comcast bill?
Guy on my intramural team was super pumped about getting one of our " good defensive ends" like I mean guys like him grown on trees
He'll prob have something like 7-8 sacks next year. Typical.
Pages: 1 2