Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF gives Jags preseason week 1 award
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-5-w...mpaign=nfl

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">2. Jacksonville’s aerial attack

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Last year definitely wasn’t a fluke for Allen Robinson, and Thursday night’s game showed that he could get even better in year three. He plucked the ball out of the air beautifully on two back-shoulder throws before making a circus diving catch on a deep post. He was the highest-graded receiver from Week 1 of the preseason on only 13 snaps. To make things even better for the Jags, Marqise Lee caught all four of his targets and ended up as the sixth-highest-graded receiver of the week.

PFF loves to praise that Jags receivers and bash the Jags QB like "Hurns and Robinson put up HUGE numbers despite the fact that their QB is horrible and cannot get them the ball....."

In this 1st preseason game, Bortles was 6 of 7 for 105 yards, with the the one incompletion a dropped ball by Thomas.  Pretty impressive on the stat sheet.  However, I thought Bortles's accuracy did have some room for upside, as I thought the receivers made some awesome adjustments on at least 3 or 4 of those throws for him.     

GAHHHHHH I want football now!!!! Wake me up when it's week 1
Quote:In this 1st preseason game, Bortles was 6 of 7 for 105 yards, with the the one incompletion a dropped ball by Thomas.  Pretty impressive on the stat sheet.  However, I thought Bortles's accuracy did have some room for upside, as I thought the receivers made some awesome adjustments on at least 3 or 4 of those throws for him.
Yeah I thought Bortles played well but I thought on deep ball to Robinson in middle of Field could have been Td.
Bortles threw pass behind Robinson. Great Catch by Arob though!

would it be a good idea to subscribe to them?

Quote:PFF loves to praise that Jags receivers and bash the Jags QB like "Hurns and Robinson put up HUGE numbers despite the fact that their QB is horrible and cannot get them the ball....."

Hopefully the team starts garnering enough Ws that they can all revel in, instead of on individual stats. To me, a receiver is supposed to go grab the ball sometimes. A QB shouldn't be expected to thread the needle into a catcher's bread basket in every completion.

Also, due to their style of play, this discord in QB vs WR excellence is going to loom around the Jags as long as they continue to ascend aerially. May not be the worst thing to happen to the team, considering how long it took em to attain credible personnel in both positions.
What did they grade the duck?
Quote:would it be a good idea to subscribe to them?

I know you've asked this at least twice and gotten no answer - and I can't really tell you since I don't subscribe - BUT I have browsed their stats on a subscriber's computer before.

I can tell you this much:  It really depends on what type of information you want and how much you are willing to pay for it. Their entry level subscriptions are not crazy money, but  they are far from comprehensive.  Their premium stats package for beatwriters/blog owners has some great info included that interests me very much. But it's north of $200 annually. Maybe if I got my Christmas bonus in September...  But if money is no barrier - there's some interesting analytics there. (as well as a fair amount of magic beans, like their grading system for certain positions that make no sense) 

Quote:I know you've asked this at least twice and gotten no answer - and I can't really tell you since I don't subscribe - BUT I have browsed their stats on a subscriber's computer before.

I can tell you this much:  It really depends on what type of information you want and how much you are willing to pay for it. Their entry level subscriptions are not crazy money, but  they are far from comprehensive.  Their premium stats package for beatwriters/blog owners has some great info included that interests me very much. But it's north of $200 annually. Maybe if I got my Christmas bonus in September...  But if money is no barrier - there's some interesting analytics there. (as well as a fair amount of magic beans, like their grading system for certain positions that make no sense) 
Thank you for there input just trying to get a feel for it outside of their own description before blowing money.
Glad to see the team finally starting to get recognized for what happens on the field! This offseason has been far too long
If we can get this offensive line thing figured out we could have a legitimate claim to the next "greatest show on turf". Assuming guys stay healthy (I'm looking at you Marqise).