Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Arob__JT____Hurns___Lee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I have taken for granted the fact that this could happen. It just seems so foreign a concept considering certain players' injuries and such,....but what if?

Arob going up out jumping everyone on the field.

Lee taking the lid off the defense, piling up yards after catch underneath.

JT abusing safeties and LBs in the middle of the field.

Oh yeah, Allen Hurns- 10 Td, 1k receiver from last season.

That is some serious firepower.

That lineup of pass-catchers could be DEADLY. If they can stay healthy and productive...Bortles and this could could explode.
Five years ago, a similar lineup would have been:

Jason Hill--Marcedes Lewis--Mike Thomas--Jarrett Dillard

Caldwell has injected a lot of talent and completely remade our offense. As a team that has struggled with pass catchers for roughly a decade, it is indeed a strange sight to see.

Quote:I think I have taken for granted the fact that this could happen. It just seems so foreign a concept considering certain players' injuries and such,....but what if?

Arob going up out jumping everyone on the field.

Lee taking the lid off the defense, piling up yards after catch underneath.

JT abusing safeties and LBs in the middle of the field.

Oh yeah, Allen Hurns- 10 Td, 1k receiver from last season.

That is some serious firepower.

That lineup of pass-catchers could be DEADLY. If they can stay healthy and productive...Bortles and this could could explode.
Exactly, laughingstock no more. How many defenses are deep enough to cover all those players and keep the run in check? I'll save you some time...none
We're gonna lose.
Well hopefully Thomas starts abusing Safeties and linebackers because he really hasn't made as much impact as i expected so far.

Quote:Well hopefully Thomas starts abusing Safeties and linebackers because he really hasn't made as much impact as i expected so far.

So what numbers are you expecting him to put up this year?
Like always, depends if the defense can stop anybody

Potentially very lethal, especially coupled with a real running game. And then you have roleplayers like Greene and Walters. It all depends on the offensive line. If we can run the ball this season, our offense will become one of the best in the league.
SOUPorBOWL
I will say we might have the best group of weapons in the game when you think in terms of WRs , TEs and RBs.

Most Qbs in the league would give a finger on their non throwing arm for A-Rob . Hurns. Thomas. Lee . Greene , Yeldon and Ivory plus a sprinkle of Marcedes , Walters and D-Rob as depth.
Yes, we certainly do appear to have some excellent receivers... provided they can stay healthy while still catching the ball. Bortles really shows promise as well; it certainly helps him that he has a couple of good running backs as well as those receivers.

... and then there's the offensive line. Games are won and lost in the trenches it is said. If there is much truth to that saying then we really need to address that line the next draft. As it is, if our offense has much success this season if will probably be inspite of our line, not because of it.

But perhaps I'm being too pessimistic.

Have to get the chemistry working and stay healthy. Most of that falls on the offensive line and its current mess. As of now we don't know who the starting unit will be. Beachum seems to be the favored guy but will most likely be slow to get going if he's even cleared to play. The starting unit line woes didn't show up at all against the Jets so it isn't a much talked about issue on here. But make no mistake, if we ultimately want to take the next step as an offense that controls games we need to improve our protections and figure out how to run the ball. Running the ball effectively opens up the pass. Losing the battle in the trenches rarely wins on the scoreboard.

Quote:Five years ago, a similar lineup would have been:

That's serious talent right there. How did we not win a title or two?
Blackmon

Burns

Dillard

R Williams

Barlow
Quote:Five years ago, a similar lineup would have been:

Caldwell has injected a lot of talent and completely remade our offense. As a team that has struggled with pass catchers for roughly a decade, it is indeed a strange sight to see.

And Alfie has 100 posts on how amazing it was for Gene Smith to find these great players (who were primarily acquired under the radar).