Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roster Cut to 75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We're only two weeks away from the first roster cut-down from 90 to 75 players. Presuming typical circumstances, this means we need to cut 15 players. I'm ready to name my 15, although this is of course subject to change as they play more Preseason games.

My first 15 waived...

• Kadeem Edwards

• Rashod Hill

• Richard Ash

• Sean Porter

• Joplo Bartu

• Hayes Pullard

• Chris Smith

• Max Wittek

• Ryan Quigley

• Rasheed Bailey

• Rashad Lawrence

• Shane Wynn

• Josh Johnson

• Mike Hilton

That's 14, and then I'd place Shaq Evans on IR.

I thought the coaches liked Pullard. Banyard should be in his place.

I'd cut Corey Grant 15 times. Does that count?

I think both Ash and Pullard will stick around until final cuts since they're good practice squad options.

You forgot Corey Grant. He's fast.
Quote:I think both Ash and Pullard will stick around until final cuts since they're good practice squad options.

I keep noticing Ash, but not in a good way. I honestly don't understand why they've invested so much time in him. He's one of those guys where you look to see what happened for that gaping hole to occur, and then you spot Ash being tossed aside. It's a recurring theme with him.

That said, you make an interesting take on Pullard. He accrued one season with the Jaguars but was only active for 8 games in that season. He's totally eligible for the PS.

I really hope Hilton can make the team
Have to think one of the kickers is in there.

Quote:Have to think one of the kickers is in there.
As long as its Jason Meyers in there, we're good.
Idk about cutting Chris Smith, I think he can produce and could be a good depth player. Maybe if he is very underwhelming, but I want to see more of him.

Quote:Have to think one of the kickers is in there.

I see that competition lasting right up until the final roster cut-down to 53.

Quote:Idk about cutting Chris Smith, I think he can produce and could be a good depth player. Maybe if he is very underwhelming, but I want to see more of him.

The last cut is the toughest. I had to basically choose between Chris Smith, Josh Evans and Neal Sterling.

Quote:I see that competition lasting right up until the final roster cut-down to 53.

The last cut is the toughest. I had to basically choose between Chris Smith, Josh Evans and Neal Sterling.

Josh Evans is all but gone. With Peyton Thompson starting ahead of him in preseason he can begin packing his bags.
Quote:I see that competition lasting right up until the final roster cut-down to 53.

I think it'd make more sense to cut Neal Sterling. Especially since it looks like he can't catch the ball.
Josh Evans is on his way out.
Ya I don't think Pullard is going anywhere, I would be surprised if he is not on the final roster.  I think he is the heir to Poz as the backup LB next season.

Quote:I'd cut Corey Grant 15 times. Does that count?

You must aint see his kickoff return at the scrimmage? Id cut Sleepy Robinson before him. Id cut Chad before him..
Quote:Ya I don't think Pullard is going anywhere, I would be surprised if he is not on the final roster. I think he is the heir to Poz as the backup LB next season.

I think the heir to Poz is some guy named Myles Jack.
Quote:I think the heir to Poz is some guy named Myles Jack.
I was implying this is Poz's last year on the team and that Myles Jack will be the starter by the end of the season making Poz the backup, which the following season would make Pullard Poz's heir on the team.  Maybe I should be more clear next time.

Grant is not getting cut
Quote:Grant is not getting cut

That would depend on Jonas Gray's health
Pages: 1 2