Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: First Myles Jack game, interview and Gus comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...on an article by Ryan O'Halloran and Hays Carlyon, here: http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400...=hootsuite

Main points: 

Gus comments:Jack was flagged for a personal foul penalty on a late hit, something Jaguars coach Gus Bradley mentioned first when asked about Jack after the game. He then complimented Jack’s aggressiveness.

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">After watching the film, Bradley took his praise to great heights on Friday.

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“He really flashed,” Bradley said. “He played extremely physical and he made some flash plays. His demeanor and poise on the field were excellent. His running of the defense was very good. His physical nature jumped out.”

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">What Jack said of his first performance:Marshall lined up in the slot and cornerback Aaron Colvin was behind him as he ran across the field. Jets quarterback Geno Smith threw accurately to Marshall, who was knocked 4 yards backwards by the 6-foot-1, 247-pound Jack as the ball arrived.

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">That’s why Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell took him in the second round.

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“I was reacting off the quarterback and trying to make a play to get us off the field,” Jack said. “Luckily, it worked out.”

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">I learned about the speed of the game tonight,” Jack said. “The older guys said it’s even faster in the regular season games, but it’s still good being out there. I haven’t played football in a year, so it was blessing to be back out there.”

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Jack, who doesn’t even turn 21 until Sept. 3, was responsible for getting the call from coordinator Todd Wash, relaying it in the huddle and making sure the defense was lined up properly.

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“Getting live reps like that against another team and seeing a different look is very beneficial,” Jack said. “It will be good teaching tape. I’m anxious to go see it. … It was fun calling the defense. Training camp gets you ready. It’s a hectic environment. Going into the game, I felt very prepared.”

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“I have a million things to work on, but I thought it was a good start,” Jack said. “I’m going to try to make huge strides and get better.” 

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">And about Poz:Jack also credited Posluszny for helping him during the game. Posluszny went over pictures of the offensive formations with Jack between possessions.

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“He was helping the entire game, telling me what I was doing well and how I can improve,” Jack said. “His help is valuable and it means the world to me that he would take the time to give me that advice. I listen to everything he says.”

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Personally I'm very pleased with the progress he's constantly making, this guy is still 20 and only had a bunch of practice after being out for almost a year. 

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Beside his qualities on the field I really like his attitude and enthusiasm, Bradley said he's like a sponge asking everyone around things, how to improve and so on. You always see him genuinely happy of being playing football for our team since day 1.

<p style="font-size:16px;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">With the talent, skills and attitude this guy has it's hard to imagine what his limits will be.

Poz is unbelievable. He'll be a head coach one day.
Quote:Poz is unbelievable. He'll be a head coach one day.

First class pro in every respect of the word for sure.
Usually there's a learning curve for rookies and NFL speed.

Jack is faster than NFL speed.
Man Jack just seems like he is going to be special. Super humble guy that truly wants to learn. Having Poz as a mentor will be unbelievable for him.
I hope the Jags offer Poz a coaching role of some sort when he retires.

Quote:I hope the Jags offer Poz a coaching role of some sort when he retires.

Yeah, I would actually be okay with this.
Quote:Man Jack just seems like he is going to be special. Super humble guy that truly wants to learn. Having Poz as a mentor will be unbelievable for him.
Yes, many general managers will look back and kick themselves about passing on Jack. His physical talent is amazing, but you are correct about his humility and work ethic. The sky is the limit for this guy!
Poz is just a great guy. Guys like Sam Bradford run away when they believe they're being replaced for the future. Poz knows Jack is his replacement and is still doing everything he can to help him out. High character guy who has has the respect of the defense, locker room and fans. 

Wow. I didn't realize Jack is only 20 years old. My gosh, he's way above his age in terms of physical talent.
Quote:Wow. I didn't realize Jack is only 20 years old. My gosh, he's way above his age in terms of physical talent.
Jack, Fowler, Ramsey, Smith, Yannick, Colvin.... The youth is real.
Quote:Man Jack just seems like he is going to be special. Super humble guy that truly wants to learn. Having Poz as a mentor will be unbelievable for him.

I think Jack is going to end up being my favorite player on the entire roster. So happy he's on our team. He's only 20, and he the potential to be a great MLB.
Hard to imagine how good he will be once he doesn't have to think so hard and it becomes more natural.

Quote:Poz is just a great guy. Guys like Sam Bradford run away when they believe they're being replaced for the future. Poz knows Jack is his replacement and is still doing everything he can to help him out. High character guy who has has the respect of the defense, locker room and fans. 

Henne is doing/did the same with Bortles. I actually have a theory as thats the sole reason Henne is still on this team. But I see no credit to Henne for doing the same thing Poz is doing. 

Quote:Henne is doing/did the same with Bortles. I actually have a theory as thats the sole reason Henne is still on this team. But I see no credit to Henne for doing the same thing Poz is doing. 

I think Henne is credited for it. Difference is that Poz is more important to the team than Henne is. We missed the Bucs game with Poz and Doug Martin just went off. We were stopping the run all year before that. Henne doesn't play a game and nothing is lost.

Quote:Henne is doing/did the same with Bortles. I actually have a theory as thats the sole reason Henne is still on this team. But I see no credit to Henne for doing the same thing Poz is doing.

Yep. Dope.
I'd like to see them keep Poz even when Jack takes over. It's not uncommon to see LB's go into their mid 30s 

I love Myles Jack. The kid is a special talent and you can see it already. I cant wait until he's more in tune with the defense and he can just play and let his knowledge and instincts take over.

Maybe it's because Henne plays like a dumpster fire every time he takes the reigns.