Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jets board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I peeked,and many were upset that Blake and boys went through them so easily.

The homers defended by saying they weren't game planning, didn't play everyone... etc.

About what we usually say.
Enemies message board setting themselves on fire over preseason game. Our boys did their job last night.

Funny to hear their concerns about their OL as well. I thought we were the only team with a bad OL lol
I'm from NJ and they were down playing Yannick's sack on the radio today. Said he didn't beat Clady that Fitzpatrick stepped into him...
Quote:I'm from NJ and they were down playing Yannick's sack on the radio today. Said he didn't beat Clady that Fitzpatrick stepped into him...

Might be partially true.On the radio, they said it was more of a coverage sack.
Quote:I peeked,and many were upset that Blake and boys went through them so easily.

The homers defended by saying they weren't game planning, didn't play everyone... etc.

About what we usually say.

I'm sure the Jets broadcast didn't mention Blake was second only to Tom Brady in TDs last year as Sam did on ours.

That, or they won't admit they have Blake high on their fantasy draft boards.
Quote:I'm sure the Jets broadcast didn't mention Blake was second only to Tom Brady in TDs last year as Sam did on ours.

To be fair, one guy mentioned that the Jags will be a top 5 offense, to give credit where credit is due.
Quote:I'm sure the Jets broadcast didn't mention Blake was second only to Tom Brady in TDs last year as Sam did on ours.

I recorded the game twice. One w/Jaguar commentators and the other w/Jets commentators. Guess which one I Deleted...
It was a coverage sack combined with Fitz having nowhere to step up into the pocket (thanks to Malik) and nowhere to go outside of the pocket (thanks to Dante). A year ago that 3rd and long has a damn good chance of getting converted. It wasn't all Yannick at all, buy it's a modicum of improvement and I'll take it. It's been a rough decade boys, let's embrace the little victories.

Edit: Our offense smacked them around pretty good. Allen Robinson...just wow. I hope he showed you enough flair on those 3 insane catches Pirkster! Tongue ...i kid I kid. Things are going so well, lets just all pour jobu a shot of rum and hope he keeps things going for us. Jax deserves it, team and city.
He didn't beat Clady. Fitz stepped right in front of Yannick. All Yannick had to do was reach out and grab him. There was nothing Clady could do on that play. He did his job. His line mates didn't..
I agree. It was actually a good block by Clady; it's unrealistic to expect LTs to see what the QB is doing behind them. Dante, Odrick, and Jackson caused that sack, but Yannick used good instincts and his eyes to get to the QB in the end, and I'm perfectly ok with that.
Quote:I'm from NJ and they were down playing Yannick's sack on the radio today. Said he didn't beat Clady that Fitzpatrick stepped into him...

Technically true. But what about the collapse of the interior of the pocket? which forced Fitzy to escape to the left, right into Ngakoue's arms. That sack was technically due to the DTs pushing the interior offensive line.
Quote:He didn't beat Clady. Fitz stepped right in front of Yannick. All Yannick had to do was reach out and grab him. There was nothing Clady could do on that play. He did his job. His line mates didn't..

You've been hating on Yannick for a few weeks now. It's getting a little old. Players get sacks this way sometimes. Deal with it. Our 3rd round pick sacked Fitzpatrick on 3rd and 10 against Clady. Think about that. I could care less how. It's a sack.
Quote:You've been hating on Yannick for a few weeks now. It's getting a little old. Players get sacks this way sometimes. Deal with it. Our 3rd round pick sacked Fitzpatrick on 3rd and 10 against Clady. Think about that. I could care less how. It's a sack.
Hopefully often this season. 
Quote:Hopefully often this season.

Agreed!
Quote:You've been hating on Yannick for a few weeks now. It's getting a little old. Players get sacks this way sometimes. Deal with it. Our 3rd round pick sacked Fitzpatrick on 3rd and 10 against Clady. Think about that. I could care less how. It's a sack.

1. He played poorly in the scrimmage. That's just a fact. As I also said, it was just a scrimmage. 

2. He didn't beat Clady. He got an effort sack. Still a sack though. I want him beating people which he hasn't done much in the two times we've seen him. 

3. I also said he looked much better last night. That isn't hating. Grow up. Learn to not take things personally.   

Quote:1. He played poorly in the scrimmage. That's just a fact. As I also said, it was just a scrimmage.

2. He didn't beat Clady. He got an effort sack. Still a sack though. I want him beating people which he hasn't done much in the two times we've seen him.

3. I also said he looked much better last night. That isn't hating. Grow up. Learn to not take things personally.

1. Judging a couple snaps from a scrimmage is hating. You kept going on and on about how he didn't make an impact on like 6 total snaps or whatever it was.

2. He beat Clady. He won the battle with a sack.

3. You grow up dude. I'm defending our guys and you're bashing. Who's the real child here?
The Jets are a pretty solid squad in their own right, so it's encouraging to see their fans have such good things to say about us.

Quote:The Jets are a pretty solid squad in their own right, so it's encouraging to see their fans have such good things to say about us.

Agreed. That's a playoff squad.
Quote:1. He played poorly in the scrimmage. That's just a fact. As I also said, it was just a scrimmage.

Two....times...
Pages: 1 2