Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who stood out v. Jets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who stood out or made an impression to you? I missed the 1st half
Allen Robinson of course. He looked in mid season form.

Blake Bortles - Looks ready to rock and roll this season.

Allen Robinson - is a complete manchild.

Yeldon/Ivory - Yeldon had quick feet and looked decisive. Ivory runs like a monster.

Yannick Ngakoue - Looks legit. Sack on Fitz.

AJ Cann - Key blocks the whole first quarter.

Malik Jackson - disruptive.
Marqise Lee looked good vs the 2s, and I think he will cause havoc in the slot this year if healthy. You can only cover so many guys! 

*auto correct ftl 

Blake balled. He was vertical as always, seems a ton more comfortable with the O, audibled smartly, threw with ease. Encouraged with the screens too and utilizing Ivory on the flat. That to me is going to make him harder to defend; competence in the short-mid range game.

Improvement on D is a catalyst for overall success, but the QB is still the primary reagent. As he goes, does the franchise. Going deep on the free play was so Juggy Manning. I beamed.
Lee

Marshall

GawkWay

Skeeter

Mr. Robinson

Malik

Yeldon/Ivory tandem

A few more I can't remember ....
I felt like Sample played well. Nick Marshall had a nice game. Grant and Shoelace. Washington had a big play.
Along with the others listed, I thought Myles Jack was pretty good. You can see he's getting more comfortable everyday.
Quote:Blake balled. He was vertical as always, seems a ton more comfortable with the O, audibled smartly, threw with ease. Encouraged with the screens too and utilizing Ivory on the flat. That to me is going to make him harder to defend; competence in the short-mid range game.

Improvement on D is a catalyst for overall success, but the QB is still the primary reagent. As he goes, does the franchise. Going deep on the free play was so Juggy Manning. I beamed.
Couldn't watch the game here in Tulsa but from what I've read offense looks good
Everyone on the starting offense looked pretty solid. ARob just picked up where he left off he looks really determined. Running game was legit. Probably a play or two we'd like to have back like the Julius drop. 

Marqise Lee looked effective. Displayed good speed and ball skills. 

Nortman and Quigley actually had decent punts one of which was downed inside the 5 but nullified by a personal foul. 

Nick Marshall was in on a few plays. Ngakoue got a sack against the starters. Myles Jack got some good work in. Michael Bennett looked good in mop up duty. Tony Washington had a sick play off a bad throw by Henne. 

Myers had some iffy extra point kicks that were barely good. It's points regardless but I have to hold my breath even on extra points.

Once Thompson came in we gave up the same big play twice in a row due to blown coverage assignments. 

The kick coverage was bad, and that's an understatement even for preseason. 

Grant is still fast.

Our offensive line is a real crap-shoot.

Loved what the 1sts did. Bit worrying that we were so undisciplined and that the special teams was so bad. Will reserve judgement on those two untik we see a few more games.

As a side note, Bortles to Arob looks to easy. Expect him to have a monster year.
Blake, ARob, Ivory, Jack and Lee. Others as well.

- Myers has the leg but not consistent accuracy

- Special teams coverage was pathetic

- Too many penalties even for pre-season

- Henne isn't a #2 imo
Defensively on the first series, despite being set-up terribly by special teams. Virtually every player that you wanted to see flash, flashed. Jackson got in the face of Fitzpatrick and forced an errant pass. Telvin Smith snuffed out a draw play and closed in on it like a Shark. Fowler Jr. read a run play and bolted for the carrier and slowed him up and of course Ngakoue finished the series on 3rd and 10 like you're supposed to do on defense. So I was pretty happy with what I saw. The two big chunk plays given up through the air look like miscommunication and blown assignments. That's fixable. Jack likes to HIT as well. I know he was running with the two's but he wasn't shying away from contact. Once he gets used to the speed I could see him manning the inside sooner rather than later this season. 

Offensively. The running game and run blocking looked better up front. I liked what I saw out of Ivory and Yeldon. Bortles looks confident and poised. He really commanded the offense, he was changing plays, sliding protection, etc. Him and Robinson already look like they're in mid-season form together. Lee was very impressive running with the two's as well. If he can stay healthy he could be a legitimate threat this year by piggy backing off Robinson and Hurns in the passing game. He's going to get free in one-on-one match-ups. 

I still worry a bit about the pass protection. Especially the depth. Henne and Allen didn't get much time last night to go through their reads consistently. I'd also like to see Allen get a shot to run with the two's as well. I liked what I saw out of him. He just needs to work on getting his passes up more and over the lineman in front of him. 

Blake:                    It looks like the game has slowed for for him, he see's things earlier and is quickly decisive.

AR15:                    Going to be a lot of big plays this year, upside is that when he is double teamed, someone else will be there.

Ivory/Yeldon           It looks like we have that one-two punch, can't wait to see 8-10 minutes consumed in the 4th while leading by 10 or more.

Jack                       His transition to this level is being handled carefully, I look for him to grow into a feared defender.

Ngakoue:               Third Round, are you kidding me.

HeadSlap

Our offensive players stood out: in addition to  Bortles that looked great we had:

-Allen Robinson 3 catches 80 yards (ARob gets better every minute)

-Lee: 4 catches 49 yards

Ivory: 6 carries 26 yards

Yeldon: 4 carries 26 yards

Our 2 RBs look great, they can keep each other fresh and we won't have to count on DRob unsure hands anymore. 

Ivory runs so violent, Yeldon has done some amazing cuts and his ability to make guys miss is great. They can be an amazing duo.

On defense a great showing up by Nkagoue against Clady and Jackson looked the part. 

Nick Marshall was good in coverage and could have had an interception

Myles Jack showed he keeps improving every day, so fast and aggressive (a bit too much for a preseason game at times, but it's undrestandable as the kid hasn't played a game since getting injured). 

You can see he's starting to recognize situations faster, he is still learning but once he'll have it all figured out we'll have tremendous speed there combined with his coverage skill. 

On the other hand too many penalties on both sides of the ball and definitely need to reduce those coverage mistakes even with the starters (Gipson will help but we need to fix those Smith-Thompson missed coverages for those big gains).

Oh and Bowman looks the part as well, I hope they keep him because that guy appeared to be a very reliable weapon throughout the camp. I hope they give him a chance with more competitive oppositions.  

All in all it was great to finally have some football back Smile

The starters looked great. A Rob and Hurns look ready to go. As i thought Yeldon and Ivory are a good combo. Once the 2nd and third string offense went in we really did not get to much which should be expected in the 1st pre-season game. I think Corey Grant is one step closer to beating out Denard Robinson. I like Grant's aggressive play. I liked a few of the plays by our reserve TE's as well. Overall the offense looks pretty good.

Man oh man is this defense going to ball. Malik Jackson did what he was brought in to do. Dante Fowler Jr had some great plays. Rookies  Ngakoue and Jack look confident and elite last night. Bjorn Werner also had a few good hits late in the game. The defense needs to get more pressure on the QB, but I like what I saw so far. Not worried, yet a little concerned about the deep passes left open by our secondary. Gotta clean that up. Our defense will have its hands full, during September which is a good thing.

So far this team looks pretty good.

Quote:Along with the others listed, I thought Myles Jack was pretty good. You can see he's getting more comfortable everyday.

I was impressed with Jack.   He is very fast.  If he can learn to play MLB, we could really have something. 
Quote:I was impressed with Jack. He is very fast. If he can learn to play MLB, we could really have something.

So physical for a speedy coverage LB.
Yeldon... I didn't see him stumble all quarter. :no:

Grants performance pretty much sums up what we already knew about him. Goes 0-60 instantly, can't block or run through contact.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5