Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How does the OLine look?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like all the changes the Jags have made and players such Fowler and Ramsey look like potential stars but the Offensive Line scares me. 

LT - Kelvin Beachum is coming off a torn ACL and has barely practiced. 

LT/LG Joeckel has not looked good at LT and has not played Guard.  Maybe he is the answer at LG but we won't know until the season starts. 

C - Brandon Linder is coming off a serious injury and learning a new position.  

The 2 top backups, Wells and Bowanko, are going to miss the start of the season. 

What do you guys think about the offensive line?  Will they be okay or is this a position that will be the top priority in the offseason. 

If Beachum and Linder are healthy week one we'll see an upgrade over last season.   Just having Linder on the field makes the line better.

Depth and health are the concern. If any of the projected starters goes down, it'll be dicey. 

Beachum - Joeckel - Linder - Cann - Parnell 

^ That's actually a pretty good line.  There's just uncertainty of Beachum's readiness, Linder's C experience and Joeckel's consistency at guard.

Will be good to watch Bernedeau tonight at LG as he may be the main back-up at either guard position for the regular season. 

I hope (and think) Beachum will be fine to start the season, and he was a solid LT before the injury. By all accounts Joeckel has looked good at LG, even against Malik, hopefully this continues and he gets better. I have no doubts about Linder at C, he has been working their since OTAs and there have been no negative comments regarding his play there. I am a little concerned about depth as well. Hopefully Wells and Bo are back asap, that is at least one benefit of the early bye week, we will have to play one less game without them being available. I do still like Shatley, decent enough at C during the scrimmage. I will be watching to see what happens tonight and where every body plays along the line.

Beachum- who knows?

Joeckel- trash

Linder- stud

Cann- stud

Parnell- pretty good
Quote:Beachum- who knows?

Joeckel- trash

Linder- stud

Cann- stud

Parnell- pretty good

Did you watch him play LG yet? Be honest...man to man.
Looks sketchy
Where is Linder tonight?
O-line looked O-lost at times..
I would expect them to pick up at least 1 offensive lineman who gets cut this pre-season. There just isn't any decent depth in case one of the starters gets injured.

Quote:Looks sketchy

Like I've been saying all offseason and getting killed for it.
They looked better in run blocking then i thought they would especially against the 1s.

Pass blocking needs Linder at C badly.
Chris Reed the LG tonight drove Sheldon Richardson off the ball.Kid shows promise.And sheldon is a good player

Quote:Chris Reed the LG tonight drove Sheldon Richardson off the ball.Kid shows promise.And sheldon is a good player
Yeah Chris Reed was the one bright spot. 

Beachum, Linder, Wells, and Bowanko out with injuries.  Joeckel not playing the position that everybody has him playing LG.
Quote:Like I've been saying all offseason and getting killed for it.
So all along you were just predicting how the line would look without two of the five projected starters weren't playing?

Because that is the only possible prediction that can be validated at this point. Anything else is just you throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.
Shatley messed up a few plays early on. Joeckel looked average. I'm ready to see bechum starting!
Our depth or lack of is the real scary aspect right now. I mean I know our Oline isnt good but think about the lack of depth Undecided

Quote:Chris Reed the LG tonight drove Sheldon Richardson off the ball.Kid shows promise.And sheldon is a good player

Reed also seemed to get pushed around alot and had a couple of holding penalties.
All of the starters in my eyes are average to great. Joke is probably still our biggest liability, and that is kind of a good thing seeing he has done well at Guard. Now what is worrisome as others pointed out, is our depth. Dude I thought our 3rd string QB Allen was going to die on the drive before last. lol. Its pretty ugly past the starting 5 linemen. 

Spend some top draft picks on OL next year.  Nothing wrong with having depth, development, and injury insurance, not to mention a talent upgrade.  

I think the depth will look better once we get Bowanko back. Bowanko as backup G/C/emergency tackle, Shatley as backup G/C, and Omameh as swing tackle/backup guard looks OK on paper. Especially with Joeckel being able to play LT if needed. It's not the A-team, but it'll get us by until next off season.
Pages: 1 2