Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Replace Josh Wells with Pearce Slater..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe Pierce Slater is now the candidate to replace Wells.. I want to see what this guy is capable of.. He"s big and has a good knack of keeping dline on there heels..

Quote:I believe Pierce Slater is now the candidate to replace Wells.. I want to see what this guy is capable of.. He"s big and has a good knack of keeping dline on there heels..

What's his background?
And what objectively makes you so sure he's the best possible LT candidate to replace Wells? I've heard literally nothing about him. I didn't even know he was on the team.
He's new and has a waaay cooler name so he's got my vote #fanlogic 

Quote:I believe Pierce Slater is now the candidate to replace Wells.. I want to see what this guy is capable of.. He"s big and has a good knack of keeping dline on there heels..

Can't wait to see him tonight.
Quote:What's his background?

He is an undrafted rookie from I can't remember exactly.. But my friend said this guy graded at 5.5 for a undrafted olinemen.. I believe that rating is OK especially for an undrafted rookie.. That would be awsome if he could turn into that Richard Collier type player.. Come out of nowhere and be dominant for years to come.. What a story that would be.. But will it happen that is the obvious question.. My friend says he saw this guy play and at times was unstoppable..
He's got my vote as well..
Pearce Slater........

RESULTS

40 YD 20 YD 10 YD 225 BENCH VERTICAL JUMP BROAD SHUTTLE 3-CONE DRILL

5.37 3.13 1.87 17 23 7'8" 5.12 8.36

PLAYER OVERVIEW

Slater was an immediate standout in 2014 after signing as a JUCO transfer from El Camino Community College and went on to start all 27 of his career games at San Diego State.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Looks the part of an NFL right tackle with a massive frame including broad shoulders, long arms and tree trunks for thighs. Despite his bulk, Slater shows good initial quickness off the snap and he's a $20 cab ride to get around due to his length.

Coordinated athlete with surprising quickness and agility. He's capable of latching onto defenders and simply overwhelming them with his size and strength.

Can be a mauler in the running game when he keeps his pad level low. He is agile enough to slip off the initial double-team at the line of scrimmage and climb to the second level. A competitive blocker, keeping his eyes peeled to find opponents.

Flashes some nastiness in his play, getting in an extra shove as the bell whistles. Durable, consistent performer who started all 27 games of his career at San Diego State. Voted a team captain as a senior despite only joining the program a year earlier as a JUCO transfer.

WEAKNESSES: Overly reliant on his bulk at this time and too often appears satisfied with just walling off defenders rather than dominating them. Inconsistent hand placement, too often allowing them to slip outside of the numbers of his opponent, which will draw penalties against better athletes (and officials) of the NFL.

Bends too much at the waist rather than at the knees and carries extra weight around his middle. Pad level rises as the game goes on, leaving him susceptible to bull rushes.

IN OUR VIEW: Slater possesses prototypical size for right tackle, including the long arms and evenly distributed frame scouts look for. The jump in competition to the NFL is a significant one but with his blend of size and athleticism, Slater is a project worth developing.

--Rob Rang (2/2/16)
Is this for the board or to coaches?  To whom it may concern, kindly forward accordingly.

Aye yo... anybody here, on this message board forum, know which olineman was smacking Sen' around in Marks the mic'd up video?
Quote:Aye yo... anybody here, on this message board forum, know which olineman was smacking Sen' around in Marks the mic'd up video?

Kadeem Edwards I think. 
Thanks. ok, yeah.. #73 didnt back down. Got some nasty in him. Gotta keep an eye out for him during the preseason.
I'd replace him with Pierce Brosnan at this point.
PS candidate.
I thought Rashod Hill was more of a LT and Slater was more of a RT, but they're listed the other way around on the unofficial depth chart.
Quote:I thought Rashod Hill was more of a LT and Slater was more of a RT, but they're listed the other way around on the unofficial depth chart.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Unofficial-depth-chart-released/f429ac6f-edd8-44d1-8036-1ceafe3dfe1d'>http://m.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Unofficial-depth-chart-released/f429ac6f-edd8-44d1-8036-1ceafe3dfe1d</a>

Slater is listed as a RG.
Who is Jeff Likenbach? Does he have potential?

I like the idea of Slater developing into a quality depth player that could push to start eventually, but he'll probably spend this season on the P.S.

If you are looking at guys on the depth chart behind Linder, Beachum and Joeckel and hoping for quality play if they are injured or benched, I'm afraid you're probably going to be sorely disappointed. There probably isn't any sleeper waiting in the wings for this offensive line, unfortunately. 

Fingers crossed nonetheless.
Quote:Who is Jeff Likenbach? Does he have potential?

7th year journeyman RT that has some guard experience as well. If/when they kick Joeckel out to LT in preseason, he could get action at LG. 

With Linder and Wells banged up, and Beachum not ready yet, things could get interesting along this o-line. 

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl.../292114475