Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Final Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First post I have made on this site I need to know why people think Abry Jones is getting cut? This is the one of the dumbest thing's I have seen people say, there is no way we go into the season with 1 legitimate 1-tech

Quote:First post I have made on this site I need to know why people think Abry Jones is getting cut? This is the one of the dumbest thing's I have seen people say, there is no way we go into the season with 1 legitimate 1-tech
The speculation comes from the high number of Quality 3-techs now on the roster and the fact that they sometimes put two of those types in the middle without a true NT on the field. Plus, Jackson took a healthy number of snaps in Denver at NT.

If they want a steady NT backup for Miller then Jones is the guy.

If they plan to rotate 3tech types to that spot more often, they may consider something else with his roster spot.

He's probably safe IMO.
Quote:The speculation comes from the high number of Quality 3-techs now on the roster and the fact that they sometimes put two of those types in the middle without a true NT on the field. Plus, Jackson took a healthy number of snaps in Denver at NT.

If they want a steady NT backup for Miller then Jones is the guy.

If they plan to rotate 3tech types to that spot more often, they may consider something else with his roster spot.

He's probably safe IMO.

the number of 3-techs on the roster has nothing to do with Abry, it makes no sense at all to cut him Miller has been hurt before and nobody on the roster besides Abry could slide into that spot and play a snap per snap basis at the 1-tech Abry also plays the Big End if anything Alualu has a better chance of being cut
I don't see Jones getting cut but we could it also wouldn't surprise me. Gus could go the Seattle route and carry just one NT.

Quote:the number of 3-techs on the roster has nothing to do with Abry, it makes no sense at all to cut him Miller has been hurt before and nobody on the roster besides Abry could slide into that spot and play a snap per snap basis at the 1-tech Abry also plays the Big End if anything Alualu has a better chance of being cut
Are we getting upset about something that may not even happen?
Since when did we stop using periods and commas and all other stuff sorry just a question ive been wanting to ask for quite some time now thanks enjoy the rest of your day bye yall
Quote:Since when did we stop using periods and commas and all other stuff sorry just a question ive been wanting to ask for quite some time now thanks enjoy the rest of your day bye yall

Punctuation is for sissies
Quote:the number of 3-techs on the roster has nothing to do with Abry,

You asked the question.  I answered it.  I can't help it if you choose to ignore part of my answer or "shoot the messenger."  

I think you should focus on the fact that a few people speculating he doesn't make the cut doesn't mean much. Regardless of their reasons. 
Alu get cut befor Jones hopefully

Our d-line is deep. Someone good is going to get cut. I don't see Jones getting cut because he's a strong NT, and when it comes to goaline situations, I would like to have Miller and Jones available.

I'm expecting 10 DLs to make the roster.

Fowler, Marks, Miller, Jackson, Odrick, Day, Jones, Bennett, Alualu, Ngakoue.
As far as final roster predictions, there aren't many that are "a given".  I suspect that there may be a few "shocking" releases, but at this point, before a snap has been played in a "real" (preseason) game I wouldn't count anybody out yet.

Consider this.  Allen Hurns was an undrafted rookie.  I don't know for a fact, but I would bet that he didn't play the first preseason game with the starters.  Look at him now.

The point is, let's see how the team does tomorrow and look at players that might stand out and/or perform better than expected.  By the same token, look at players that seem to be "locks" for the final 53 man roster that might under-perform.

Quote: I need to know why people think Abry Jones is getting cut?

Why do you need to know?