Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Packers vs Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

raweyejag

Cant wait for regular season. Vegas points spread has Packers up around 4 points and over/under 48. Game is basically sold out except for secondary market. Tickets have been selling about 2 to 3 times face value because of Packer fans. Stadium sadly will be 50/50 at best like last time GB was here. I want game to have Rodgers getting harassed, sacked, throwing ball away, and interceptions. That first game is always brutally hot...people pass out. Go Jags.
I think we will be pretty good this year, but Green Bay is gonna smoke us. Rodgers is going to carve the defense up, as I think it will take a few weeks for the new pieces to get acclimated.
Because of the Aaron Rodgers effect, I'm not expecting a win. But man, what a statement it would make. The Jags will have to be able to block Mike Daniels, otherwise we could have some trouble on offense. And if there is a game we need Fowler to breakout, it is this one. Like Jerrad said, our defense will most likely need time to gel together. This could be a growing pain game.
I got us winning week 1.
NFL analyst Elliot Harrison has the Packers ranked third in his pre-season power poll, the Jags 17th. So, this game will reveal how much improvement the Jags' defense has achieved , and whether the offense can maintain its trend line from last season. A Jaguar victory would make everyone sit up and take notice.

JAGUARS

Much talk of Myles Jack playing early and often. The interesting thing about Jack is that many league observers see him as a player Jacksonville must capitalize on now. With his knee situation, Jack might end up being brilliant, but in a short window. The Jags linebacker to really be excited about is Dante Fowler Jr., who had a year to assimilate the mental aspects of the game. The No. 3 overall pick just turned 22 years old -- plenty of time to make people completely forget about the lost rookie campaign. No more 44-38 contests in Jacksonville.
If the team can come out and start fast I like our chances at home. Rodgers will be effective but if we can make them one dimensional they have Nelson coming off a big injury as well as a beat up offensive line. I don't care if it is Rodgers if the defense can do what it's capable of and get in Rodgers' head we could flop them. Big statement to start the season. I don't think we have anything to be afraid of anymore. We need a "go get it attitude". Not a "I hope we don't lose by 50" attitude. At least a good game and no big injuries.

Quote:I think we will be pretty good this year, but Green Bay is gonna smoke us. Rodgers is going to carve the defense up, as I think it will take a few weeks for the new pieces to get acclimated.
Good thing we have a few weeks before that game!

I kid. I also think the defense won't be firing on all cylinders just yet, but I don't see getting "carved up" either.
Quote:We need a "go get it attitude". Not a "I hope we don't lose by 50" attitude. At least a good game and no big injuries.

From what I have read, the team seems pretty damn confident and hungry. Especially Fowler, Jackson, and Telvin.
Whens the last time we beat a top 5 QB? I love the new D upgrades but Rodgers should have 450 yards and 3 TDS

Starting the season 0-2 can't happen. Need to find a way to win against GB or on the road in SD.

GB's offense last year was shaky so hopefully they come out rusty and the D can take advantage.

I don't see us winning this game though. 31-24 Packers.
Hope for 90 degrees and sunny guys.  If we can keep it close and possess the ball pretty well I could see them wearing down by the end.

Quote:Whens the last time we beat a top 5 QB?

Gotta start somewhere.
Going to be an incredibly tough game. Last year start against Panthers and this year Packers.. When do we catch a break lol.

Anyway, I have us losing a close game. 31-28 Packers. Crosby GW FG as time expires.
Quote:Going to be an incredibly tough game. Last year start against Panthers and this year Packers.. When do we catch a break lol.

Anyway, I have us losing a close game. 31-28 Packers. Crosby GW FG as time expires.
Last year we came very close to beating the Panthers, with the improvements, I think we can pull the upset 
I think the game will be a lot closer than most people expect. Sure, it's Aaron Rodgers, but the Jags added a lot of talent on defense and are a lot deeper on that side. I don't know much about their offensive line, but there's no reason why the Jags can't get pressure on Rodgers.

Jags are gonna also have to run the ball really well and keep Rodgers off the field.

Everyone thinks this game will be determined by the defense, but honestly it's up to the offense. We have to consistently score and pound the ball down their throats. There's no way we win this game if they come out slow and sloppy. If we can run the ball on them, it'll be a long day for the Packers. I don't know any team that can handle 90 degree weather with a workhorse running into you all day.

Jags win with turnovers and defense.  2 picks (one a pick-6 by Ramsey), 1 fumble recovery.  3 sacks.  Ivory and Yeldon keep the chains moving.  Jag TEs catch 8 passes, A-Rob has a long TD catch.