Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our OLine is going to be awful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Beachum isnt consistently healthy enough to pencil in as a starter

Joeckel is a terrible tackle, maybe hes a better guard but even if he starts at guard then were between a not healthy beachum and Wells(god no). If hes not a guard Bernadeu is the other guy and he sucks too.

Linder is playing center for the first time

Cann and Parnell are average at best

The left side is going to be a mess unless beachum gets in and joke is good at guard. And the rest are going to have to be their absolute best. Blake is going to have a terrible time this year.
Haven't even played a game yet, go troll somewhere else!
We seriously need this dude ....

[Image: 2e16eed0-653f-e411-b4d2-002655e6c45a_original.jpg]

Quote:Haven't even played a game yet, go troll somewhere else!
since when is projecting performance trolling lol
Welp
Quote:Cann and Parnell are average at best

You lost credibility here. Parnell is clearly above average. He is good, not great, which is no problem being a RT.

AJ Cann however was as impressive as a rookie as the Jags have ever had. He continued being the phonebooth guard he was as a Gamecock.
I agree we are going to struggle in that area, but Brandon Linder and AJ Cann are legit and Jeremy Parnell isn't far behind.
It's a very alarming area of our team.

We could have drafted starting caliber lineman in round 3 and 4 this year, but opted for Ngakoue and Day instead.

Pressure is on, guys.  

It's gonna be the main focal point of next years offseason for sure.
Well Preseason Week 1 is Coming up. So we shall see!

Well, this is just whelming.

Hopefully not as bad as last year
Give a pick for decent LG and we have a pretty good line.
Welp
Quote:We seriously need this dude ....

[Image: 2e16eed0-653f-e411-b4d2-002655e6c45a_original.jpg]

who? #55?
Quote:who? #55?

20 in white
Quote:20 in white

ah! ofcourse
Nothing quite like some positivity, huh?

"isn't consistently healthy enough"

why? because they're not pushing him to come back early from an ACL in meaningless training camps? The guy is a 4 year vet he doesn't even need this stuff.

Joeckel looked good at guard during the scrimmage, we'll see how it works out when the regular season roles around but he has every chance to redeem his career at the position.

Linder by all accounts has looked great at center. We already know he's our best interior lineman; if he can snap the ball and is smart enough to know the offense (which he is) then he can be a good center.

Cann was good as a rookie, he could be even better this year. Parnell may very well be average but that's all you need from the RT spot. We know from last year that he's not a dumpster fire and for proof of that just see what happened when Young had to start against Houston...the wheels fell off.

I just don't share the same concerns of the OL as other people, particularly the media that is hyping it up as a problem. In 31 days Beachum will have been almost 11 months removed from the ACL injury, and we know he was one of the best pass blocking tackles in football before that. I really think Joeckel is going to salvage his career at LG. And I also believe in Linder at center. I think our line will be a lot better than people are expecting barring injury.

Our OL has been bad for a long time now. That's nothing new. It just means Bortles will have to be Bortles. Joeckel at guard is night and day from what he looks like at tackle. If we can get Joeckel Linder and Cann in the middle maybe we can actually step into a pocket to throw the ball or run for more than 2 yards on occasion. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4