Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do you really like your candidate or just despise the opposing candidate more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK .... new to this Political Section of the Jags Board.  

Just attempting to get a grasp of the existing posters real election position here (without necessarily asking who you favor). With that said, do you like the candidate that you'll vote for or do you just despise the other one more?

I'll go 1st.   

I pretty much don't like either.  As such, I'll just vote for one since I despise the other one even greater.

.... kind of like hanging out in a hot tub 15 years ago at 2am with Rosie O'Donnell and Rosanne Barr and a bottle of tequila. You know ultimately you'll be making a choice but neither are looking very good so you just keep drinking until one starts looking like Selma Hayek 

[Image: rs_300x300-160113120413-300-salma-hayek-...011316.jpg]

Quote:OK .... new to this Political Section of the Jags Board.  

Just attempting to get a grasp of the existing posters real election position here (without necessarily asking who you favor). With that said, do you like the candidate that you'll vote for or do you just despise the other one more?

I'll go 1st.   

I pretty much don't like either.  As such, I'll just vote for one since I despise the other one even greater.

.... kind of like hanging out in a hot tub 15 years ago at 2am with Rosie O'Donnell and Rosanne Barr and a bottle of tequila. You know ultimately you'll be making a choice but neither are looking very good so you just keep drinking until one starts looking like Selma Hayek 

Dude, I don't think a bottle of tequila has that much mojo.   Sick

To answer your question though, I don't really like either candidate.  Donald Trump will get my vote only because it's a vote against Hillary Clinton.
I have liked much of what Trump says.  Not everything.  He was my second choice behind Rand Paul.

I will vote for neither.  I pledged my vote to my grandson since he'll be dealing with consequences long after I'm gone.  He chose Rand Paul in the primary.

I hate them both.

I'm voting for my candidate because he and I are Men of Principles.

I actually like much of what Trump has to say, PLUS I absolutely 100% can't stand Hillary or anything she stands for. So, it's an easy choice for me. If it was Hillary or Charles Manson, Id seriously would have to consider Manson.
It would have been interesting if there was a poll attached to this thread.  It would also be interesting to do a similar thread starting say September 1st and another on October 1st.

So far it appears that there are 3 for Trump, 2 for "other" and 1 that is unclear.

Casting my vote to keep America from a disastrous decision. Hillary with my nose closed!
Quote:Casting my vote to keep America from a disastrous decision. Hillary with my nose closed!

So updating my "unofficial poll" regarding this thread.

Trump - 3

Other - 2

Unclear/Undecided - 1

Hillary 1
Quote:So updating my "unofficial poll" regarding this thread.

Trump - 3

Other - 2

Unclear/Undecided - 1

Hillary 1
Don't forget 2 for Selma, I'm I'm board with that too!
Hell, I'd vote for Rosie O'Donnell and Rosanne Barr before I'd ever vote for Hillary.
Quote:Don't forget 2 for Selma, I'm I'm board with that too!

Quote:Hell, I'd vote for Rosie O'Donnell and Rosanne Barr before I'd ever vote for Hillary.

I can't really count those votes in my "unofficial, non-scientific poll".
We've been presented with a "lesser of two evils" scenario for the last several elections, but I think we've pretty much hit rock bottom in 2016.  It's a real shame because there were a lot of good options available to us, but this country has become such a Kardashian-centric world where celebrity matters, and substance is irrelevant, and now we're paying the consequences.  

Much like the OP, it really comes down to who I despise the least. I know who I would least like to see in the Oval Office, and that is the one who prefers the same tailor as Chairman Mao.  Although it would be somewhat entertaining to see her have one of her seizures while sitting behind the same desk Monica Lewinski spent a lot of time under.  I'm not sure Huma would have enough room to breathe.

Quote:We've been presented with a "lesser of two evils" scenario for the last several elections, but I think we've pretty much hit rock bottom in 2016.  It's a real shame because there were a lot of good options available to us, but this country has become such a Kardashian-centric world where celebrity matters, and substance is irrelevant, and now we're paying the consequences.  

Much like the OP, it really comes down to who I despise the least. I know who I would least like to see in the Oval Office, and that is the one who prefers the same tailor as Chairman Mao.  Although it would be somewhat entertaining to see her have one of her seizures while sitting behind the same desk Monica Lewinski spent a lot of time under.  I'm not sure Huma would have enough room to breathe.

So can I add you as a vote for Trump in my "unofficial poll"?   :thumbsup:
I do suspect Mickey Mouse will have an unusually high write in vote this year.
As someone who routinely extends my middle finger towards any politician that wants to expand the role of government, I'll be voting for neither. Gary Johnson it is.
Quote:I do suspect Mickey Mouse will have an unusually high write in vote this year.

I concur
Thinking both candidates are terrible and still voting for one of them doesn't make sense to me.  Once again I'll be voting for the 3rd party who I believe "can put up the best numbers"...which would be Gary Johnson...if only Deez Nuts were real. 

There's always a better choice between 2 evils.

Rosanne puts out (for guys).

Rosanne it is.

Guessing Trump would pick Roseanne as well...
Pages: 1 2 3