Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fowler's injury last pre-season: blessing in disguise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember how depressed (with good reason) all Jaguar fans were when Dante got hurt prior to the first pre-season game last year. One year later, we are seeing a player who appears to be capable of dominating most offensive linemen he goes up against. Any concerns about the injury affecting future performance have been eliminated. A healthy Fowler last season would have most likely improved the Jags record by at least one win. No way they would have gotten Ramsay or Jack in the 1st 2 rounds. We'll never know for sure, but if these 2 players reach their immense potential it may not be that farfetched to say that Fowler's injury was the most fortunate thing that happenned in Jaguar's history. The only other thing that compares is when Rob Johnson's 1 good game with the Jaguars enabled them to get Freddy T.  Admittedly, Jack has a long way to go before the game will slow down and Ramsay will also make his share of mistakes this year, but the thought of having those 2 guys along with Fowler for the next several seasons is enough to make any Jaguar fan salivate. 

First off, I dont think Jack has along way to go. The guy is a bonafide stud. Fowler is an absolute MAN....we havent seen the man play a down  but u know hes a beast

Yeah I don't think Jack has that far to go either. He's a beast.

But I agree, it was a blessing in disguise. No way we draft Ramsey AND Jack in the first 2 rounds.

Jag fans will have Telvin, Fowler, Jack, and Ramsey.........and Day for years to come.

Don't forget about 4th round pick Day. He is going to be a good one too.

Throw Yannick in there and we are all drooling.
Verdict isnt out in Jack,i want to see him play when he can actually tackle people.
Quote:Verdict is out in Jack,i want to see him play when he can actually tackle people.

It is?
Quote:It is?
Oh sorry! My bad,thank you
Yeah, looking ay the big picture. #Blessingsdisguised
Quote:Yeah I don't think Jack has that far to go either. He's a beast.

But I agree, it was a blessing in disguise. No way we draft Ramsey AND Jack in the first 2 rounds.

Jag fans will have Telvin, Fowler, Jack, and Ramsey.........and Day for years to come.

Agreed to all players within the past two NFL Drafts...

NH3...
I doubt it. Even with a healthy Fowler Jr. last year I highly doubt this team would have finished 6 - 10. We landed Ramsey because Jones passed on him in Dallas. It's as simple as that. And we only landed Ramsey because Baltimore couldn't trade up to Dallas and Dallas was only picking at the fourth slot because Romo was injured. So, in reality, we owe thanks to whoever put Romo out for the rest of the 2015 NFL season. 

I would deem it to be an fortunate situation rather than a blessing in disguise. My reasoning is due to the unfortunate situation of Jr. not being able to have that first year of experience. He's picked up where he left off but he also was Deprived from having that rookie sensation. That year to truly get acclimated...

He fell behind one year...

NH3...
I agree Dante's injury likely improved our ultimate draft position.  I was also thinking about the injury itself and the extra year he's had to mature and study. 

Quote:First off, I dont think Jack has along way to go. The guy is a bonafide stud. Fowler is an absolute MAN....we havent seen the man play a down  but u know hes a beast
I am basing this on what the coaches, media and Jack himself have said. The guy has rare talent and it is obvious he has the work ethic to become a pro-bowler. Likely he'll be starting in place of Skuta before long, but he will be a different player a year from now. Wouldn't be surprised if we're talking about him next year like we are Fowler right now. Never would have thought he'd be so dominant already, but 10 sacks is not an unreasonable expectation for this year.
"we haven't seen the man play a down"...

I wonder how much of the fan optimism about Fowler is based on wishful thinking rather than objective thinking. We haven't even seen the man play a single down in the regular season so we can't really know yet how he's going to do. Many athletes are 'practice field studs' but turn out to be little more than a flash in the pan in a real game.

Let's hope Fowler will be a real asset and not a 'flash in the pan'.

Quote:First off, I dont think Jack has along way to go. The guy is a bonafide stud. Fowler is an absolute MAN....we havent seen the man play a down  but u know hes a beast
Quote:Yeah I don't think Jack has that far to go either. He's a beast.

Yes, I don't know how Day lasted til the 4th round. 
So, are we saying we "tanked for Ramsey/Jack" without realizing we were tanking for Ramsey/Jack?

I guess I can buy that.

Especially since we get Fowler back, too.

Quote:I agree Dante's injury likely improved our ultimate draft position. I was also thinking about the injury itself and the extra year he's had to mature and study.

I mentioned this last year when he got injured and some guys flamed me for it. But you can definitely tell he has benefitted from being out for a year
This is small picture. Maybe because our fan base was spoiled by the early years, we were destined for a GM like Gene Smith, it would make us appreciate a GM like Caldwell more and appreciate the return to glory.

It's happening, jags fans. We can smile again as a fanbase, here soon enough.