Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 1 week from tonight Jaguars open up 2016 NFL preseason !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys we are 1 week from tonight that the Jaguars opening up 2016 Preseason at Ny Jets! I so can wait to see Bortles,The Allens,Ivory,Gipson,Ramsey,Jack,Fowler,Ngakoue,Etc. Duuuuuuuuval. Woooooo. I am ready for some Jaguars football a Thursday night party
I'm probably in the minority. I don't want to see Bortles or the Allens.

I want to see the Smash Brothers work together.

Ramsey, Donte, and Gipson.

My focus is all defense. Except I do not want to see Jackson at all.
12.30am over here.. but I'm on a night shift the next day so it's all gooooood.

It's just preseason. We won't see much of the starting offense in the first two games. It will be all about the new and young pieces on defense.

Quote:I'm probably in the minority. I don't want to see Bortles or the Allens.

I want to see the Smash Brothers work together.

Ramsey, Donte, and Gipson.

My focus is all defense. Except I do not want to see Jackson at all.
you're arent the only one get blake and the allen to opening day and forget the preseason. 
Its been a long off season. At the end of the last season I was not sold on this team yet, too many holes, but WOW did they do a good job (on paper) filling those holes. This is the most excited I have been about this team in a really long time. 

Im very happy to have football back in my life Big Grin Im super excited to see what our rookies and new players bring to the table. Looking forward to watching out Def learn in the preseason in hopes they can gel quickly in the regular season.

I'm figuring 1 series for Bortles, Hurns, Arob and the other veteran starters.

The conundrum with Ramsey, Jack, and Fowler is while we need to keep them healthy, if we are going to be relying on them they will need as many reps as possible before Green Bay. So not sure how much action they will get.
The rookies need all the work they can het. Including Fowler.
Looking forward to watching Fowler face another team's tackle.
Quote:Looking forward to watching Fowler face another team's tackle.

Is Clady a full go for the Jets? Should be a good test for Fowler.
I can't wait. As other have said, probably one series for Bortles/Allens/Thomas etc. I think we'll see Fowler, Jack, Ramsey, Yannick, and Day all get some extensive pre season work.

Quote:Is Clady a full go for the Jets? Should be a good test for Fowler.

Clady is LT right? Fowler will be rushing from the right so he'll be going against Giacomini.
Quote:Clady is LT right? Fowler will be rushing from the right so he'll be going against Giacomini.
The LEO lines up on the weak side. That often puts him across from the left tackle.  He'll switch to the other side if the offense flips their strong side to the left. The Jags put a big guy on the strong side end to be stout against the run.

Of course different packages can shuffle the line, but in a base package the LEO is often going against the LT. 

[Image: 2vuztd5.jpg]

Quote:The LEO lines up on the weak side. That often puts him across from the left tackle. He'll switch to the other side if the offense flips their strong side to the left. The Jags put a big guy on the strong side end to be stout against the run.

Of course different packages can shuffle the line, but in a base package the LEO is often going against the LT.

[Image: 2vuztd5.jpg]

Gotcha. Thanks for that. I assumed with him going against Parnell he was lining up more on the right.
As far as I'm concerned the pre-season is an opportunitty for the rookies to get a little bit more NFL like game expererience. I shudder every time our key starters go on the field during pre-season. It's pre-season for pete's sake! Wins here don't count and aren't remembered. Keep the key personnel off the field... let Chad run a base offense and lets focus on the rookies on defense.

WE WANT NO INJURIES FROM PRE-SEASON GAME PARTICIPATION!!!

Let's make it to the regular season with all of our guys not 'gimped up' for a change except for the albino tiger... (no point in raising expectations too high).