Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clint Eastwood- the full story from the article in the politics section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Esquire interview

I figured I'd put the full interview article here. It's interesting that his agent and lawyer begged him not to do Every Which Way But Loose because they thought it was such a terrible script. I loved those movies and Philo Beddo was a man's man for sure. Movies like that and Cannonball Run, and possibly even early Police Academy movies, probably couldn't be made today. Too many people would complain.

I had no idea he started his own company in 1967 and has directed so many movies. I hope his son, Scott, does well in Hollywood. It sounds like he's a doer and a learner like his dad, but his dad has raw talent. No one learns that nor inherits it. 

Wow. No one has anything to say about this. I thought it was a great interview.

"Nobody knows diddly. They just think they do. And the people that think they know the most know the least."

Man, ain't that the truth.

Excellent read.  Thanks for posting!

I read the article when it came out. Clint is a fascinating guy with a legendary career. At 86, he's still vibrant and doing some of his best work.
Keeping politics out of it (with this not being in the politics section), Eastwood is a great filmmaker. 

Unforgiven and Mystic River are two of my favorites.

Quote:I read the article when it came out. Clint is a fascinating guy with a legendary career. At 86, he's still vibrant and doing some of his best work.

It's amazing he is able to still make films in his mid-80's.
Whatever happened to Lee Van Cleef?

Quote:It's amazing he is able to still make films in his mid-80's.
He probably wouldn't be if he'd retired in his 60's like most guys did. According to him you have to keep going if you're going to keep living. My grandfather was the same way. A cattle rancher all his life, owned his own ranch in Colorado and never stopped. Even after a long day herding cattle he would sit in his chair after supper and do crossword puzzles to keep his mind sharp. 
Quote:He probably wouldn't be if he'd retired in his 60's like most guys did. According to him you have to keep going if you're going to keep living. My grandfather was the same way. A cattle rancher all his life, owned his own ranch in Colorado and never stopped. Even after a long day herding cattle he would sit in his chair after supper and do crossword puzzles to keep his mind sharp. 

I saw an interview with Ernest Borgnine when he was north of 90. He was as sharp and lively as ever. That was his secret too. He said he stayed moving and engaged everyday. Not long after I saw him on a "What's up with that?" SNL segment with Kenan Thompson. The guy was genuinely enjoying himself. Ernest Borgnine lived a full life. 
Quote:I saw an interview with Ernest Borgnine when he was north of 90. He was as sharp and lively as ever. That was his secret too. He said he stayed moving and engaged everyday. Not long after I saw him on a "What's up with that?" SNL segment with Kenan Thompson. The guy was genuinely enjoying himself. Ernest Borgnine lived a full life.

That's how I want to be. All of my family members live to their late 80's to mid-90's before dying. If I have to be here that long I want to be present for it, not wasting away. I know stuff can happen, like stroke and dementia, that you have no control over but I make sure to exercise regularly, eat well, get enough sleep, and keep my brain engaged so I'm like Clint and Ernest and others.

Clint is in remarkable shape physically and mentally for his age, especially when you compare him to his peers. It will be a sad day when he is gone from the scene. I'm looking forward to watching Sully. I look forward to all of his movies.
Quote:I saw an interview with Ernest Borgnine when he was north of 90. He was as sharp and lively as ever. That was his secret too. He said he stayed moving and engaged everyday. Not long after I saw him on a "What's up with that?" SNL segment with Kenan Thompson. The guy was genuinely enjoying himself. Ernest Borgnine lived a full life.

I saw the interview he gave on Fox News morning show not many months before he died....that wasn't what he said his secret was!!! :whistling:
Quote:I saw the interview he gave on Fox News morning show not many months before he died....that wasn't what he said his secret was!!! :whistling:

Moving and engaged, I believe, are the key words here.
Quote:Moving and engaged, I believe, are the key words here.

Ahh...so you saw the same interview! :thumbsup:
Quote:Ahh...so you saw the same interview! :thumbsup:

Nope, I just plan on living to an old age.
Not to mention, it's unbelievable he's 86. I'd put him at 70. Hell, I've seen people in their 50s that lok worse.
Quote:Moving and engaged, I believe, are the key words here.

Well played