Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: You've gotta love Clint Eastwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/clint-eastwood-poses-son-scott-173000399.html'>Story</a> The man is 86 years old and has seen a lot in his lifetime. I like that he's not politically correct and speaks his mind. I'm 44 and so much has changed in just that period of time. I can't imagine what I will see in the next 42 years, if I live that long.

"Clint and Scott Eastwood posed together for Esquire magazine’s September issue, and while the topic of conversation – politics, naturally – will certainly prove controversial, at least we have some nice pictures to look at. On the topic of the election, Clint says he hasn’t endorsed anyone, but does weigh in on Donald Trump.

“You know, he’s a racist now because he’s talked about this judge,” he explains, referring to Trump’s remarks about Judge Gonzalo Curiel. “And yeah, it’s a dumb thing to say. I mean, to predicate your opinion on the fact that the guy was born to Mexican parents or something. He’s said a lot of dumb things.”

Lest you think the outspoken Republican is leaning towards Hillary Clinton, Clint adds in defense of Trump, “So, have all of them. Both sides. But everybody – the press and everybody’s going, ‘Oh, well, that’s racist.’ They’re making a big hoodoo out of it. Just [BLEEP] get over it. It’s a sad time in history.”

The 86-year-old also comments on the current political landscape, saying, “We’re really in a [BLEEP] generation.”

“Everybody’s walking on eggshells,” he notes. “We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist. And then when I did Gran Torino, even my associate said, 'This is a really good script, but it’s politically incorrect.’ And I said, 'Good.’”
Quote:When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist

Back when schools were segregated, those things weren't racist.
Quote:Back when schools were segregated, those things weren't racist.
People can only draw from their experiences and the formative years are when you learn, observe, intellectualize, etc. That is your framework from which you view life. Sometimes you change with the times, but someone his age? Not so much. He was born in 1930 so his formative years and years of experiencing what life is were the 30's-50's. That was such a different time in so many ways I can't even imagine.

There are some things he says that I don't agree with. He says in the full story from which this bit came from that, and I paraphrase, once men sire their kids that's it, it's the woman's job to raise them. Um, no. I don't agree with that at all. All in all though I think he's a fascinating man and has been one of my favorite actors of all time.
Quote:Back when schools were segregated, those things weren't racist.

And chairs could talk.
He is absolutely 110% correct about this current PC "walking on eggshells". I won't play ball, but I see many friends and co-workers having trouble speaking their minds. Headed in the wrong direction folks.
Clint Eastwood and this guy should run on the anti-lawn loitering ticket:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Quote:He is absolutely 110% correct about this current PC "walking on eggshells". I won't play ball, but I see many friends and co-workers having trouble speaking their minds. Headed in the wrong direction folks.

There is very little that I agree with you on, but you are correct.  Everyone who is a "regular" here in the politics section knows how anti-PC I am.  It's even happening in our military.  Imagine if a sitcom like All in The Family came out today.  Liberals and the PC folks would probably go into cardiac arrest.
Quote:There is very little that I agree with you on, but you are correct. Everyone who is a "regular" here in the politics section knows how anti-PC I am. It's even happening in our military. Imagine if a sitcom like All in The Family came out today. Liberals and the PC folks would probably go into cardiac arrest.

There's some dark comedy stuff being made today that steps over that line. South Park the most obvious, but some there are some twisted movies out there too.
Quote:There is very little that I agree with you on, but you are correct.  Everyone who is a "regular" here in the politics section knows how anti-PC I am.  It's even happening in our military.  Imagine if a sitcom like All in The Family came out today.  Liberals and the PC folks would probably go into cardiac arrest.

It would just be on cable

Yeah that's the problem. Political correctness. Right why should we expect people not be jerks?
Quote:It would just be on cable
Why is that?  The program aired on national television prior to cable television.
Quote:Why is that? The program aired on national television prior to cable television.

There just aren't nearly as many scripted shows on network TV as there were then. And the best shows are on cable.
PC or not-pc is the last thing I'm concerned about.

Government surveillance, massive illegal immigration, uncontrolled borders, civil liberties being stripped, disarming of the populace, over taxation, police state, foreing interventionism, nation building, and peole care about politically correct or incorrect talk? I don't get it.
Quote:There is very little that I agree with you on, but you are correct.  Everyone who is a "regular" here in the politics section knows how anti-PC I am.  It's even happening in our military.  Imagine if a sitcom like All in The Family came out today.  Liberals and the PC folks would probably go into cardiac arrest.

You are anti-PC only when it serves you.  

Don't you remember how much sniveling you did over this word:

Pig
Quote:There just aren't nearly as many scripted shows on network TV as there were then. And the best shows are on cable.
I'd say Netflix and Amazon is giving cable a run for their money.
Quote:PC or not-pc is the last thing I'm concerned about.

Government surveillance, massive illegal immigration, uncontrolled borders, civil liberties being stripped, disarming of the populace, over taxation, police state, foreing interventionism, nation building, and peole care about politically correct or incorrect talk? I don't get it.
When you have a breakdown in one part of society it begins to weaken other parts of it. Most of the people who want the things you mentioned are the very ones who are PC police. They don't realize we can't be friends with everyone, we are protected by the 2nd Amendment no matter how much they don't like it, they're all about "if you're not doing anything wrong then you don't have to worry about surveillance", and so on. 
Quote:There is very little that I agree with you on, but you are correct.

Trust me dude - we agree on much more than we disagree- I guarantee it. And regarding politics, the only reason to discuss it (aren't we all screwed already?) is to try to make sense of it all. Not everything has to be black and white
Quote:Trust me dude - we agree on much more than we disagree- I guarantee it. And regarding politics, the only reason to discuss it (aren't we all screwed already?) is to try to make sense of it all. Not everything has to be black and white

However, when something is "black and white", true or false, a 1 or a 0, etc. it should be pointed out.