Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Joeckel for a LG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
LT is a premium position and Joeckel is probably a middle-of-the-pack LT who is healthy and still fairly young.  If there's a team with good depth at OG and a need at LT, should we offer Joeckel in a trade? 

I want a mauler at LG and I don't think that describes Luke.

I'd trade a 3rd or 4th for a good LG.
Tyson Alualu would make a good LG, 6'3, 300lbs.
Joeckel is not a middle of the pack LT
No. That leaves us relying on a guy coming back from an ACL with no depth at one of the top three positions. It's tough to say, but we need LJ this season.
If he was Dave would of picked up the 5th year option
Trade him for a 5th or some conditional deal where if he plays a certain amount it can turn into a 3rd or 2nd. He's had his three years and this is about as good as he will be unfortunately.
Or maybe Dave should just sign Matt Slauson oh wait n/m

I think they have already decided LJ is going to be at left guard. He practiced there today in spite of Beachum's day off. Wells was at LT. That says something does it not?

no one wants luke
Quote:I think they have already decided LJ is going to be at left guard. He practiced there today in spite of Beachum's day off. Wells was at LT. That says something does it not?
did he look decent there?
Quote:did he look decent there?
Olson in post practice interview was asked that and had praise for what he has been doing at the position

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...92cd382385
I'd do it. He will be a FA anyway
Xavier Sua' Filo

i saw a tweet that said he "stopped Marks in 1v1 drills".  see he's great now.

You have to have value to be an appealing trade option.

Quote:Tyson Alualu would make a good LG, 6'3, 300lbs.

LOL, he might be the best option on the team. 
A.J. Cann looked good at RT in drills also. And by good... I mean he was stonewalling everyone they put in front of him. We can't afford to just dump Joeckel. He isn't living up to expectations at all but maybe a position shift can justify him being here. Otherwise, he will be depth at worst. He may still be our starting LT preseason hasn't even started yet. Maybe our pass rush is strong?

A.J. Cann looked good at RT in drills also. And by good... I mean he was stonewalling everyone they put in front of him. We can't afford to just dump Joeckel. He isn't living up to expectations at all but maybe a position shift can justify him being here. Otherwise, he will be depth at worst. He may still be our starting LT preseason hasn't even started yet. Maybe our pass rush is strong?

Pages: 1 2 3