Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: With Trump nukes are in be table?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them."

Yet another reason why this man cannot be near the Oval Office.
Quote:"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them."

Yet another reason why this man cannot be near the Oval Office.

What is Nuclear Deterrence?

They aren't paper weights, bro.
Quote:What is Nuclear Deterrence?

They aren't paper weights, bro.

You said it deterrence. There is a legit reason why they haven't been used since WW2.
Quote:You said it deterrence. There is a legit reason why they haven't been used since WW2.

It isn't deterrence if you promise to never use them.

Come on, Jags fans.
Nothing like mass genocide to get the blood going in the AM.

Last time it lead to 146,000 dead which included women and children. Quite impressive.

I am shocked that any one person would accept this as an option.
Quote:Nothing like mass genocide to get the blood going in the AM.

Last time it lead to 146,000 dead which included women and children. Quite impressive.

I am shocked that any one person would accept this as an option.

I guess you aren't a fan of Eisenhower, MacArthur, FDR, Churchill or Truman. Sad!

Quote:I guess you aren't a fan of Eisenhower, MacArthur, FDR, Churchill or Truman. Sad!

A last resort to end a world war vs. Trump wanting to drop nukes on ISIS. Not remotely the same thing.

For staters, civilian casualties will just breed more terrorism as ISIS is not a country whose citizens are beholden by proxy to the decisions made by their government's leaders.
Quote:I guess you aren't a fan of Eisenhower, MacArthur, FDR, Churchill or Truman. Sad!

It's clear today that none of those guys had an inkling of the power they created with those bombs. No idea the effects long term and short term.

Today, we are no longer ignorant to the ramifications.
Quote:It's clear today that none of those guys had an inkling of the power they created with those bombs. No idea the effects long term and short term.

Apparently some of us still are.
Quote:It's clear today that none of those guys had an inkling of the power they created with those bombs. No idea the effects long term and short term.

MacArthur is the reason nuclear weapons need presidential clearance to be deployed. He wanted to bomb Chinese cities en masse to force a surrender in the Korean War in turn forcing Truman to remove him from command and set up a clear chain of command with regards to nuclear weapons. 
Quote:You said it deterrence. There is a legit reason why they haven't been used since WW2.

we detonated about 1000 nuclear bombs after that and many of them in this country
Brinkmanship is a dangerous game.