Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Top HOF candidates from each team who should be in: Tony Boselli-Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...h-afc-team

"Of all the names listed here, Boselli's was, quite frankly, the easiest to type. He should already be enshrined, irrespective of his rather short (seven seasons) career. Boselli was a technician at his position, a skilled artisan who was tough as nine acres of Texas onions (phrase borrowed from Doug English) while being a gifted athlete. Hall of Fame tackle Walter Jones once told me, with no hesitation, "When I first got in the league, you had Tony Boselli. I think that was the guy that I said, 'Man, that's the way I want to play left tackle. ... When I was coming through [the NFL], that was the guy." Jones, like so many other players and fans, marveled over how Boselli dominated Bills defensive end Bruce Smith in the 1996 playoffs. I remember that game, too: Hall of Should Be In vs. Hall of Fame. Put him in."

Is Fred Taylor eligible yet? Because I'd say he has a slightly better case for HOF considering his longevity as well as his constant high level of performance. 

It may take the veterans committee, but I believe Boselli will get in eventually. 

Boselli, Taylor and Smith all will be in it one day.
Agreed. I think at this point you could say Boselli, Taylor and Smith have a chance of getting in at some point. They're going to be those players that have to wait probably two decades before they're given a chance to get in.