Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Military mom booed at Mike Pence rally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A woman who identified herself as an Air Force mother was booed by a Nevada crowd after asking GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence a question tied to what she called Donald Trump’s ‘disrespect’ for the Khan family.

“Time and time again, Trump has disrespected our nation’s armed forces and veterans, and his disrespect for Mr. Khan and his family is just an example of that,” the woman said, prompting boos from the crowd at the event Monday.

“Will there ever be a point in time where you’re able to look at Trump in the eye and tell him enough is enough?” she asked Mr. Pence, trying to continue over the booing. “You have a son in the military — how do you tolerate his disrespect?”

The crowd had applauded after the woman said her son is currently serving in the Air Force.

“Folks, that’s what freedom looks like and that’s what freedom sounds like, okay?” Mr. Pence told the crowd.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016...-pence-ab/
No offense. But to some here, it's no news. Just the media attacking and treating him unfairly.

I'm sure there would be some booing from this mb as well.
BREAKING: Audience disagree with the woman's position that Trump was "disrespectful".
It's nice to see trump just slowly destroy the gop...

As with the khans, this disrespect of a mother of a veteran shows that republicans are no longer the pro veteran party...

Thanks trump!
So much anger in that room

[Image: web1_pencevisitaug17_6768166.jpg]

Quote:So much anger in that room

[Image: web1_pencevisitaug17_6768166.jpg]

Looks like a mosh pit at a Korn concert.
Obviously a shrillary staffer sent in to cause disturbance.

Quote:Obviously a shrillary staffer sent in to cause disturbance.

She's the mother of a veteran, your crazy (bad word removed)!!!

I like you, jagwired, you're a legit poster. But come on man, there are certain folks you have to have respect for.
Quote:Obviously a shrillary staffer sent in to cause disturbance.

Anyone who questions or challenges the Donald must be a plant or a wingnut. This is exactly how people thought as the Nazis were on the rise. Couldn't possibly be that she has a point or legitimate concern. No. She can't really be offended by Trump's comments or actions.
Quote:She's the mother of a veteran, your crazy (bad word removed)!!!

I like you, jagwired, you're a legit poster. But come on man, there are certain folks you have to have respect for.
Do you know this to be fact? I don't. She showed up to cause a disturbance. Not very polite. I wonder if her son would approve. I wonder if Khans son would approve of his father pimping his death for the cause?
Quote:Do you know this to be fact? I don't. She showed up to cause a disturbance. Not very polite. I wonder if her son would approve. I wonder if Khans son would approve of his father pimping his death for the cause?

Wow...

Yes, she stated she was a mother of a vet and showed a picture of her son in uniform... is that enough proof?

As for your question, do you believe that families of veterans should not be automatically given deference?

As a son, I would expect people to respect my mom and dad. I'm sure captain Khan and the son of the mother at the Mike pence really would agree.

The fact that you are still trying to defend this stupidity makes me shake my head.

Respecting the families of grieving veterans is not a partisan issue. That you cannot see that is really, really sad.
Quote:Wow...

Yes, she stated she was a mother of a vet and showed a picture of her son in uniform... is that enough proof?

When dealing with the Clintons you know it's not enough proof.
if you don't think this lady was paid to be there by the Hillary campaign then you don't know how this game is played

As for your question, do you believe that families of veterans should not be automatically given deference?

As a son, I would expect people to respect my mom and dad. I'm sure captain Khan and the son of the mother at the Mike pence really would agree.

The fact that you are still trying to defend this stupidity makes me shake my head.

Respecting the families of grieving veterans is not a partisan issue. That you cannot see that is really, really sad.

You are so so so so naive. 
Quote:if you don't think this lady was paid to be there by the Hillary campaign then you don't know how this game is played
Exactly.  I'm not doubting her credentials as a military mom.  She wasn't at that rally to support the nominee. 

Anyone who doesn't believe she was a plant is either naive or willfully ignorant.

Yes, she stated she was a mother of a vet and showed a picture of her son in uniform... is that enough proof? Not these days , no.

As for your question, do you believe that families of veterans should not be automatically given deference? No, just because a family has a military connection means nothing.

As a son, I would expect people to respect my mom and dad. I'm sure captain Khan and the son of the mother at the Mike pence really would agree. As would I. Being a veteran son with a mother. I would not want my mother to do that.

The fact that you are still trying to defend this stupidity makes me shake my head. Shake away, your opinion is yours to have.

Respecting the families of grieving veterans is not a partisan issue. That you cannot see that is really, really sad. I do agree. I  also see clearly as I belong to such a family.
Quote:Exactly. I'm not doubting her credentials as a military mom. She wasn't at that rally to support the nominee.

Anyone who doesn't believe she was a plant is either naive or willfully ignorant.

Jawohl mein herr.
Quote:You are so so so so naive. 

he's just trolling. his responses are getting really predictable and boring
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The_Anchorman" data-cid="778315" data-time="1470147395">

Wow...

Yes, she stated she was a mother of a vet and showed a picture of her son in uniform... is that enough proof? Not these days , no.

As for your question, do you believe that families of veterans should not be automatically given deference? No, just because a family has a military connection means nothing.

As a son, I would expect people to respect my mom and dad. I'm sure captain Khan and the son of the mother at the Mike pence really would agree. As would I. Being a veteran son with a mother. I would not want my mother to do that.

The fact that you are still trying to defend this stupidity makes me shake my head. Shake away, your opinion is yours to have.

Respecting the families of grieving veterans is not a partisan issue. That you cannot see that is really, really sad. I do agree. I also see clearly as I belong to such a family.
</blockquote>

Well, at least you are honest about it... So you assume she's a plant because of your utter hatred and distrust of Clinton... Fair enough. But even so, you agree that a mom should be booed whose son gave their life for our country just seems like a complete departure from what we as a nation consider to be patriotic. I just can't see where the benefit is to disrespect grieving families of our vets. Also, it sounds like you are contradicting yourself when you responded that deference to families should not be given, then in your last response you say you agree that respecting the families is a non-partisan issue. Am I mis reading your last statement?

I hate war, I've been against the military industrial complex for decades now... But I'm not so out of touch with reality that I would ever speak poorly of those vets that sacrificed or the spouse or immediate family of a vet that has sacrificed.

Donnie doesn't ge it. And those hateful losers that booed that poor mother don't get it, either.

Mike Pence, on the other hand handled this situation with respect and professionalism... Too bad Pence is not your candidate...
"The crowd had applauded after the woman said her son is CURRENTLY serving in the Air Force."
Pages: 1 2