Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Erdogan's Purges in Turkey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...ia-8507156

Is it safe to say that this coup was a false flag operation by Erdogan in order to seize full power all along?

I am really 50/50 on this one. Sorry didn't read the link, but I really feel there is more than meets the eye. If the coup was legit, it would still be "active"? Smells fishy enough to make me skeptical.
With Turkey's history of coups it is hard to say, but the crackdown on intellectuals, teachers and media is deeply disturbing.
Quote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...ia-8507156

Is it safe to say that this coup was a false flag operation by Erdogan in order to seize full power all along?
When you look at what he's done since then, it certainly seems plausible. 
Many people aren't responding to this thread because they aren't in tune with what exactly is going on in the world.  They are too busy paying attention to the DNC circus, pokeman and other distractions.  Many people don't realize how important Turkey is and/or understand what exactly is going on.

still #teamcoup.. We just need a new group to Coup him.

Quote:still #teamcoup.. We just need a new group to Coup him.

I present exhibit A.  A hashtag?  Really?

Now let me say that realtorpat is a good poster and I'm not sure which side of the political aisle that he/she is on, but that's part of the problem.  People are too buried into technology, social media and the latest game or craze that they don't see the world for what it is.

In the meantime take a step back and look at our choices to lead our country into the future.  We know that our current administration won't deal with this problem properly.  What exactly is going to happen and what exactly is going on?
I think there may have been a very small anti-Erdogan group in the military and they were coaxed by pro erdogan higher ups to launch a coup. When you look at all the events leading up to and during the coup I think its quite obvious that Erdogan knew what was going on every step of the way.

I mean just look back to Nazi Germany i.e the Reichstag Fire. The year Hitler was made Chancellor of Germany a huge fire broke out in the Reichstag building (Parliament building). A young communist was "found" at the scene and he and a group of other communists were sentenced in a huge media covered trial. Hitler used this event to prove that the communists were out to get Germany and it basically resulted in him being made all powerful dictator(few more parts to that but its basically what happened). Pretty similar false flag operations.
Everything I have read leads me to believe it was a false flag.  The one turkish person I know owns a restaurant I frequent, he believes it was a false flag as well.

Quote:I think there may have been a very small anti-Erdogan group in the military and they were coaxed by pro erdogan higher ups to launch a coup. When you look at all the events leading up to and during the coup I think its quite obvious that Erdogan knew what was going on every step of the way.

I mean just look back to Nazi Germany i.e the Reichstag Fire. The year Hitler was made Chancellor of Germany a huge fire broke out in the Reichstag building (Parliament building). A young communist was "found" at the scene and he and a group of other communists were sentenced in a huge media covered trial. Hitler used this event to prove that the communists were out to get Germany and it basically resulted in him being made all powerful dictator(few more parts to that but its basically what happened). Pretty similar false flag operations.

I'm sorry for the hashtag, during the coup I was pretty active on reddit/facebook/twitter talking about it and the hashtag was added to all the posts.  I usually avoid the use of them.  

I'm a He

political Aisle : I bounce around between the aisles you could say.  Whenever I take one of those tests on where you land I get Centerist or slightly libertarian.

My beliefs are broken down as follows.

increased restrictions to get guns but not banning of them.

Free Market

limited government

Prochoice - I would be pro-life if it weren't for all the kids growing up in horrible situations becoming horrible people.  There are simply too many people in the world right now.

separation of church and state

not free college : I joined the army at 20 to get "free" college.  You can do well in HS to get free college.  There are ways to get free college but I don't want the government giving free college to kids that use it on IMO worthless degrees (photography, interpretive dance)  Those are luxury degrees.  If you want free college it should only be in programs deemed necessary and understaffed (Mathematics, Engineering, BioChemistry, Nursing).  The free part should not kick in until you are far enough along to take 3000+ level courses so people aren't abusing it to get there and then changing their majors to interpretive dance or photography.

Foreign Policy:  Stay out of other peoples business as much as possible.  Be more Regional instead of Global.  Quit trying to police the world

Healthcare:  Should be access to universal healthcare to all, however it should be a base level of healthcare, also allow private healthcare to be had on top of that.  Or an opt in/out of the base healthcare vs private plans

free the internet

immigration : thoroughly vet immigrants, deport ILLEGAL immigrants, restrict immigration from conflict regions.  Assimilation courses along with job training.

legalize marijuana nation wide, tax the hell out of it and put proceeds towards infrastructure and clean energy.

Those are the issues I can think of if you have more let me know and I'll answer them.

Quote:I present exhibit A.  A hashtag?  Really?

Now let me say that realtorpat is a good poster and I'm not sure which side of the political aisle that he/she is on, but that's part of the problem.  People are too buried into technology, social media and the latest game or craze that they don't see the world for what it is.

In the meantime take a step back and look at our choices to lead our country into the future.  We know that our current administration won't deal with this problem properly.  What exactly is going to happen and what exactly is going on?

"We know that our current administration won't deal with this problem properly.  What exactly is going to happen and what exactly is going on?"  

Agree 100%

Democracy has failed us by only giving us 2 crappy options.  We need more than ever for a 3rd party to rise and end this left vs right nonsense.  It has polarized the nation at a time when we need to be brought together.  #teamcoup is more than just a Turkey thing, there will be a time in this country when it makes sense as well.

Adams, Jefferson, Washington, and Franklin would be sick to their stomachs today.

Quote:Everything I have read leads me to believe it was a false flag.  The one turkish person I know owns a restaurant I frequent, he believes it was a false flag as well.

I'm sorry for the hashtag, during the coup I was pretty active on reddit/facebook/twitter talking about it and the hashtag was added to all the posts.  I usually avoid the use of them.  

I'm a He

political Aisle : I bounce around between the aisles you could say.  Whenever I take one of those tests on where you land I get Centerist or slightly libertarian.

My beliefs are broken down as follows.

increased restrictions to get guns but not banning of them.

Free Market

limited government

Prochoice - I would be pro-life if it weren't for all the kids growing up in horrible situations becoming horrible people.  There are simply too many people in the world right now.

separation of church and state

not free college : I joined the army at 20 to get "free" college.  You can do well in HS to get free college.  There are ways to get free college but I don't want the government giving free college to kids that use it on IMO worthless degrees (photography, interpretive dance)  Those are luxury degrees.  If you want free college it should only be in programs deemed necessary and understaffed (Mathematics, Engineering, BioChemistry, Nursing).  The free part should not kick in until you are far enough along to take 3000+ level courses so people aren't abusing it to get there and then changing their majors to interpretive dance or photography.

Foreign Policy:  Stay out of other peoples business as much as possible.  Be more Regional instead of Global.  Quit trying to police the world

Healthcare:  Should be access to universal healthcare to all, however it should be a base level of healthcare, also allow private healthcare to be had on top of that.  Or an opt in/out of the base healthcare vs private plans

free the internet

immigration : thoroughly vet immigrants, deport ILLEGAL immigrants, restrict immigration from conflict regions.  Assimilation courses along with job training.

legalize marijuana nation wide, tax the hell out of it and put proceeds towards infrastructure and clean energy.

Those are the issues I can think of if you have more let me know and I'll answer them.

"We know that our current administration won't deal with this problem properly.  What exactly is going to happen and what exactly is going on?"  

Agree 100%

Democracy has failed us by only giving us 2 crappy options.  We need more than ever for a 3rd party to rise and end this left vs right nonsense.  It has polarized the nation at a time when we need to be brought together.  #teamcoup is more than just a Turkey thing, there will be a time in this country when it makes sense as well.

Adams, Jefferson, Washington, and Franklin would be sick to their stomachs today.

lol ... two things.

1) well, if a guy who owns a Turkish restaurant says so, who are we to argue.

2) read more American history. Adams, Jefferson, etc., would expect exactly what we have, as they helped start it. Read about the election of 1800. Jefferson especially was really into dirty tricks and playing political hardball.
Quote:lol ... two things.

1) well, if a guy who owns a Turkish restaurant says so, who are we to argue.

2) read more American history. Adams, Jefferson, etc., would expect exactly what we have, as they helped start it. Read about the election of 1800. Jefferson especially was really into dirty tricks and playing political hardball.

1: The only one I know in RL, not the internet world where i've talked to many others during the crisis.  Regardless in a time when Radical Islam is a world wide problem I don't think its a good idea when an islamic leader who has been accused of supplying ISIS is given more power by what really looks like a false flag at this point.

2:  I'm sure they would expect it, but I don't think they anticipated the constitution being perverted along the way.
Quote:1: The only one I know in RL, not the internet world where i've talked to many others during the crisis.  Regardless in a time when Radical Islam is a world wide problem I don't think its a good idea when an islamic leader who has been accused of supplying ISIS is given more power by what really looks like a false flag at this point.

2:  I'm sure they would expect it, but I don't think they anticipated the constitution being perverted along the way.

I'm just saying that I don't think a potential dictator needs to fake a coup to tighten control. The real thing will do.

"constitution being perverted along the way"? What in the world could that mean?
Quote:I'm just saying that I don't think a potential dictator needs to fake a coup to tighten control. The real thing will do.

"constitution being perverted along the way"? What in the world could that mean?

well recently the patriot act stepped over what was supposed to be balancing powers is one example of it being perverted.
Quote:well recently the patriot act stepped over what was supposed to be balancing powers is one example of it being perverted.

Earlier and much worse was the RICO act.

The coup would have been the best thing for Turkey. Now, journalists are arrested. Whole media outlets shut down. This is a government that has been buying up that reduced cost ISIS oil. How horrible for the average citizen to have to endure this.