Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gil Brandt Predicts 15tds for ARob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NFL.com article that I can't link from my work computer. Gil Brandt lists his predictions for statistical leaders this coming season. He predicts ARob will lead the NFL in receiving TDs with 15.

I hope he's right.
Would be nice for him to get 15, but I feel like we will run more in the redzone this year. Plus I think Julius, if healthy all year will be utilized much more. I see 8-10 scores for Arob as more realistic.
AR15 gets 15 touchdowns? Sounds like it's meant to be.

15 is what it is

15 seems high considering the focus on the running game, JT being healthy and playing a full season, and (hopefully) the emergence of Lee/Greene as another option.

We should also be winning more games which means less passing in the 4th quarter.

Arob is a fantastic player who will be mentioned as a top WR for years to come. I think 10-12 is realistic.
Ill take that for sure. However I hope/expect the team to score all over the place so I could easily see AR15 getting less than 10 this season. Hopefully if that happens it means JT, Hurns, and the running game are all scoring as well.

I could actually see Hurns lead the league in TD's. Didn't he have a 7 game TD streak?

Quote:AR15 gets 15 touchdowns? Sounds like it's meant to be.

AH88 agrees
Quote:AH88 agrees

BB5 is sad
I don't see any of our guys reaching high numbers this year. It's also not a bad thing.

Our rushing attack will definitely be better this year. That will take away from a lot of the numbers these guys had. Our defense will also be better which will effect the passing numbers.

Wins are all that matter right now. Score the points!
Seems legit to me.  They will mostly be from 20 yards and out.  You fantasy guys must be drooling. lol
Hurns and A Rob will both be double digits on TDs this year for the 2nd straight year and Bortles will break his own passing record and the Jags passing record for the 2nd straight year. Top 5 offense, book it!
The pieces are in place for the first time in a long time. The sky is the limit.  this defense has a chance to be dominating Speed on the back end power on the line. We can make a statement this  year, The Jaguars are Back!

honestly I see it happening. 1500/15 TD is about what he did last year, with a little more production. This whole "passing numbers will go down" crowd is nuts. Its by far our strength on offense and we will likely run a little more, but certainly with a revamped defense I imagine we will get plenty more opportunities on offense. Pass to score, run to win. 

Agree with most. I see JT and the run game taking some away from ARob. Guessing closer to 10 and would be surprised if he went over is total from this year
Quote:honestly I see it happening. 1500/15 TD is about what he did last year, with a little more production. This whole "passing numbers will go down" crowd is nuts. Its by far our strength on offense and we will likely run a little more, but certainly with a revamped defense I imagine we will get plenty more opportunities on offense. Pass to score, run to win.

While I can understand the thoughts of the "passing numbers decrease" crowd, there's also two other factors that could increase passing numbers. First is that with a strong run game, teams will no longer be teeing off on Blake opening better match ups/opportunities in the passing game. Also as you mentioned, a defense that gets more stops gives the offense the ball more often.
Quote:Agree with most. I see JT and the run game taking some away from ARob. Guessing closer to 10 and would be surprised if he went over is total from this year

That Jets had the #10 rushing attack and Decker. But Marshall still had 1500 yards and 14tds
I don't think there is any reason we can't have more passing touchdowns yet, with a more efficient offense due to the running. As has been stated, running well opens up passing lanes, giving Blake some time to get the ball downfield! I want to see more scores like the 51-16 we put on the Clots last year! we have been the victim of so many blowouts, it's time to be the villain!

Pages: 1 2