Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Would you like there to be more candidates running for President?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mean something like instead of Trump vs Clinton vs Johnson vs Stein, something more like:

Trump vs Clinton vs Cruz vs Sanders vs Johnson vs Stein.

All answers are "Yes"?

Edit: Fixed

Fixed that.

[quote name="StroudCrowd1" post="775940" timestamp="1469640657"]

All answers are "Yes"?

Edit..ok.fixed..there is a No.
Quote:I mean something like instead of Trump vs Clinton vs Johnson vs Stein, something more like:

Trump vs Clinton vs Cruz vs Sanders vs Johnson vs Stein.

No, each party should have its own individual nominee. We just need more than 2 parties on the stage.
Yes please. We are literally one step away from Single Candidate Elections.
The presidential ballot usually has 6 or more candidates on it each election cycle.  It sounds more like you're advocating doing away with party primaries?

There was enough candidates for the GOP in the primaries.
I'm not a fan of party primaries. Put all the candidates on a ballot and let them all debate. There are many people who have great ideas and never get a platform to showcase them.

For that matter, remove parties as well.
Quote:No, each party should have its own individual nominee. We just need more than 2 parties on the stage.
I'm about ready to say scrap the whole political party crap and just have people with their own ideas rather than people who vote for their party's candidate just because they have always voted for that party...

I think a two party government system is an outdated useless concept...whoever has the majority of congress controls everything which leads to good ideas (some do happen at times) to lay stagnant never seeing a vote to say yay no nay simply because some of the controlling party doesn't like it...Or horrible ideas pushed through (such as Obamacare) simply because it was originated through someone of the controlling party...
Primaries, in theory, are fine and needed they just need an overhaul that will likely never come because you can't rely on politicians to overhaul their own processes.  The existence of a significant number of "super delegates" is essentially a party telling its constituency that sure you can vote for who you want our party's candidate to be but we reserve the right to put our own candidate in there regardless.  That type of primary is worthless.  

More than 2 major candidates running for president would have us frequently see candidates win the presidency without a true majority voting them into power.  It would also see the election handed to the House of Representatives to decide because no candidate would achieve an electoral college majority.  Which would basically mean that the majority party in the House would routinely get to anoint their own candidate as President.  Having a 3rd party rise in power for an election or two could be helpful in enacting the type of overhaul that is needed in the current 2 party system, but I firmly believe that it would eventually gravitate back to two major parties whether they be Republican and Democrat or something else entirely.  

Getting rid of the electoral college is a completely different discussion and one that I would oppose having an understanding of the importance of a state's rights.  I know most don't care or understand the value in preserving a state's rights in our union as the world becomes increasingly comfortable with centralizing power but knowing human nature the last thing we need to do is consolidate more and more power into one person's or just a few person's hands, especially as they are becoming further and further removed from those they are governing.

Here is how I know there is hope...

Flsprt and rashean27 are in agreement.

Time is beginning to already wash away the bigotry and stagnation of the the baby boomers... it'll be nice when they are just a drag on our healthcare, and not on our social discourse!
Quote:Here is how I know there is hope...

Flsprt and rashean27 are in agreement.

Time is beginning to already wash away the bigotry and stagnation of the the baby boomers... it'll be nice when they are just a drag on our healthcare, and not on our social discourse!

It'll be nice when the Left stop calling people they disagree with bigots (or racist, or [insert a privileged minority group name here] phobe).

But if you got rid of all of the white male baby boomers, the Dems would just have to pit one minority group against another. Diversity!!!

Of course if you got rid of all of the white male baby boomers who would be left to pay taxes?