Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: BREAKING: 19 DEAD, 45 injured in KNIFE attack at assisted living facility…
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who Needs a gun to ccommit mass murder????????

BREAKING: 19 DEAD, 45 injured in KNIFE attack at assisted living facility…

We are hearing tragic reports out of Japan today.

As the The Washington Times reports:

A murderous rampage by a knife-wielding attacker in Japan has resulted in at least 19 deaths and left 45 more injured, according to Japanese news outlets.

http://www.allenbwest.com/michellejesse/breaking

That's unbelievable. 

The hits keep on coming.Sickening.
arm yourself

Vile. Sick acts globally seem to be at a peak.
Horrible, not sure you would want people at a care centre for people with mental disabilities armed though...

Japanese mass killings extremely rare. They also have strong gun control. Obviously not linked though...

Quote:Horrible, not sure you would want people at a care centre for people with mental disabilities armed though...

Japanese mass killings extremely rare. They also have strong gun control. Obviously not linked though...

Give it a break.
Quote:Give it a break.

I was responding to the OP which mentioned Guns...

And the further comment about how everyone needs to be armed. Not sure why you needed to interject? 

Quote:I was responding to the OP which mentioned Guns...

And the further comment about how everyone needs to be armed. Not sure why you needed to interject?

Ah don't take it personally, just think gun talk is circular.
It appeared you took it personally?

But yeah Gun talk and most political chat I guess is circular. 

Quote:It appeared you took it personally?

But yeah Gun talk and most political chat I guess is circular.

Nah I'm grand, don't have a dog in that fight.
Quote:Vile. Sick acts globally seem to be at a peak.

I'm gonna go with no on this one.
Quote:I'm gonna go with no on this one.

QFT
Is it possible that it only seems like these horrible acts are on a rise because we are now connected to all 6 billion of us, instead of just being connected to our local communities, only?
Quote:Is it possible that it only seems like these horrible acts are on a rise because we are now connected to all 6 billion of us, instead of just being connected to our local communities, only?

Of course. Horrific acts of violence are not unique to this era. We just know about them all.
Quote:Is it possible that it only seems like these horrible acts are on a rise because we are now connected to all 6 billion of us, instead of just being connected to our local communities, only?

We were all connected five years ago too. Nowadays we hear more about attacks in war zones and 3rd world countries, stories that used to be ignored. But the number of attacks in Western countries have definitely increased. It seems like we have a terrorist attack in Europe or the US just about every day now.