Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Davon House Latest Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.davonhouse31.life/2016/07/25/...to-earn-it

I dont know about all of you but this really gets me ready to see some football.

Still crazy to think last season was House's first year as a full time starter and be broke Mathis' record for pass break-ups. And he had no pass rush.
I really enjoy reading Davon's blog. It always sounds like a fan piece with all of the pie-eyed optimism. 

Quote:Still crazy to think last season was House's first year as a full time starter and be broke Mathis' record for pass break-ups. And he had no pass rush.

I think he is under appreciated by a lot of this fan base.
Quote:I think he is under appreciated by a lot of this fan base.

Absolutely! I remember people complaining about him last year and I kept thinking "I think he is a pretty good corner, maybe I am missing something."
Despite being obviously biased, House makes many good points. How can you not love his optimism? What stands out to me is the depth on this team. Other than Bortles, they won't be hurt badly if an injury occurs to any starters. They will be cutting some very solid players for the first time in many years. The compettion at cornerback will be fun to watch as they have 4 guys that could start for several teams. The acquisition of Gipson can be the biggest diference-maker on defense and that's saying alot considering they should have 5 new starters who all provide upgrades. Can't wait for the season to begin!

Quote:Despite being obviously biased, House makes many good points. How can you not love his optimism? What stands out to me is the depth on this team. Other than Bortles, they won't be hurt badly if an injury occurs to any starters. They will be cutting some very solid players for the first time in many years. The compettion at cornerback will be fun to watch as they have 4 guys that could start for several teams. The acquisition of Gipson can be the biggest diference-maker on defense and that's saying alot considering they should have 5 new starters who all provide upgrades. Can't wait for the season to begin!

We could have some trade bait before we're done. First time in forever.
Loved reading this, very positive reading!

Calling Gipson "The General" I like it
Thanks

Tashaun just might be the more impactful free agent signing over Malik.

Quote:Tashaun just might be the more impactful free agent signing over Malik.

I think he will be. I've wanted him for the past 2 years, he's going to transform our secondary.
By the back half of the season I want massive dissension in the opponents huddle when ever they call  Blue 92 or Shallow Cross.

GAWD............I wish Peyton was still around

HeadSlap

What a great read, and well written for a blog piece.  Kudos to Davon.   

Some interesting notes to me....  In his thoughts for the secondary, Cyprien and Gratz were not mentioned.  He seems pretty high on Shaq Evans in the WR group, and did not mention Greene, Benn, or Walters.  He's got me hyped to watch Fowler.

After reading the article, it's nice to read from an "insider" that the quality depth at CB and WR appear real, and that there will be some great competition for starting and roster spots.  If all stay healthy through camp, Dave might have some trade bait in these positions.
I Love House's blogging.

NH3...
Quote:I think he is under appreciated by a lot of this fan base.
This was a good read... Its good to hear good things about Gipson, and Malik, and Ramsey... I like how he acknowledge that our Corners like the recievers will operate as a group.. Fowler gotta be the most anticipated player to watch for, that we have had in a long time... Im dying to see him in pads. Cant forget about my boy Telvin and Myles Jacksonville.... Lets gooo Jags!!
I can't read it at work (security psssffffff) lol. But from what y'all are saying, yes, Gipson will be (in my humble option) the most valuable FA. He's already earned the respect of the secondary and possesses the skills needed at that position to excel our Defense. And House is very much under appreciated. I admit I wasn't huge on his signing at first (just from ignorance of his play in GB), but I think him and Ramsey, not to mention Colvin, could make our secondary one of the best. If the pass rush comes along, we could see a totally different defense than what we've had the last few years.

CAN'T WAIT!!! GO JAGS!!

It seemed like to me he want Bortles to be a game manager.
Awesome read. Excited to get this season rolling.
Pages: 1 2