Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: EverBank Financial Exploring Sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is certainly an interesting development considering the connection with the Jaguars.

Not a lot of details in the report, but with the stadium naming rights deal, and their move to downtown, it sure is a curious development.

Hmmm...  The financial sector isn't the greatest to be investing in right now (my personal opinion).

Here is another report from Bloomberg that offers a little bit of insight.

Just hope we don't end up with some horrid name on the place.

ABC Liquor Lounge and Stadium.
Quote:ABC Liquor Lounge and Stadium.

With a Blackmon statue out front
The naming rights for EverBank has been a large reason for it's growth I would imagine. There signs are all over town on new development projects. One would think the purchaser would keep the name recognition. Strike while the iron is hot.

Would hate to see the city lose a Fortune 500 headquarters. Hopefully whoever buys them maintains a Jacksonville headquarters.
Quote:The naming rights for EverBank has been a large reason for it's growth I would imagine. There signs are all over town on new development projects. One would think the purchaser would keep the name recognition. Strike while the iron is hot.

Umm... nope.
They haven't confirmed if the naming rights to the stadium would stay, if sold.

http://www.news4jax.com/money/bloomberg-...tial-buyer
Well. I hope it's bought out by Publix. I'd like to see them sell those amazing Heath Bar cookies at the stadium on Sunday's. That hot ticket item alone would put 5-6% more people in those seats. It's buy 1 get 1 right now folks. Get them while you can. 

I just hope we don't go back to the black out days
Quote:I just hope we don't go back to the black out days

Why would we?
Khan should strike a deal with Amazon. The Jags playing in Amazon stadium would sound pretty awesome.

Quote:Khan should strike a deal with Amazon. The Jags playing in Amazon stadium would sound pretty awesome.

Jaguars? In the Amazon?

I could see that.

But I'm assuming it'll be another bank, and then, would they be obligated ( not sure when contract runs out)
Quote:Khan should strike a deal with Amazon. The Jags playing in Amazon stadium would sound pretty awesome.
have they been looking to buy stadium rights?
Quote:have they been looking to buy stadium rights?

No idea. Just said it because Amazon is about to open up shop in Jax. Doubt it would ever happen.
Quote:I just hope we don't go back to the black out days

Uh, what?
The new buyer would most likely acquire the naming rights for EverBank depending on how the contract is written up. Most banking institutions are used to name changes/buy outs and since EverBank isnt going under, the acquisition of the Stadium name right should be attractive to the buyer. Unless the buyer is Citi, MetLife, Lincoln financial or any other financial firm that has an NFL Stadium. 
Quote:Uh, what?

My guess is he read the headline and assumed it meant season tickets.
Publix Subs Field

Pages: 1 2