Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lee vs. Greene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who is the #3 receiver? Who is better?

I'd say Lee is more dynamic. Greene more consistent. Overall, too hard to tell yet.

Lee is too much of a ? to be able to compare them at the moment.
Different skillsets, a place for both of them on the team.

Quote:Different skillsets, a place for both of them on the team.

I don't know. Essentially Hurns has taken Lee's place so I don't see Marqise being resigned when his contract is up.
Quote:I don't know. Essentially Hurns has taken Lee's place so I don't see Marqise being resigned when his contract is up.
This doesn't make sense. It's not like Lee is going to ask for a ton of money after being completely useless. If he shows up this year and stays healthy, I don't see why we won't try and keep him. 
i believe hurns is good but lee is the more dynamic player.. greene is good but lee and hurns are way ahead of em..

greene is penciled in at number 3 now.. but i expect lee to play opposite robinson with hurns in the slot.. the jags want and could create that dynamic top 3 i just said.. so with that said IF lee breaks out this year.. then we dont just have 2 good wr but 3 really good wr.. so this position battle between lee and greene to me is just nonsense lol.. it should be hurns and lee not lee and greene..

top 4 locks are:

Robinson

Hurns

Lee

Greene

But i can also see:

Robinson

Lee (do to speed on the outside)

Hurns 

Greene

Sorry, but Hurns > Lee any way you slice it.

Basically I see ARob and Hurns remaining as the top two WRs. In the slot I believe we're looking at Greene and Walters with Hurns possibly moving inside at times. Lee, and Benn for that matter, are the the backup outside WRs. I can see Lee backing up Hurns at the flanker spot, and Benn backing up ARob at the split-end spot.

Quote:Sorry, but Hurns > Lee any way you slice it.

Basically I see ARob and Hurns remaining as the top two WRs. In the slot I believe we're looking at Greene and Walters with Hurns possibly moving inside at times. Lee, and Benn for that matter, are the the backup outside WRs. I can see Lee backing up Hurns at the flanker spot, and Benn backing up ARob at the split-end spot.

I don't even know where to begin with this one...
Hurns caught 29 passes for 511 yards and 7 TDS from the slot last year.

The way I see it: When they move Hurns inside, and they will at times, LEE will take his place outside. That's Lee's role. 

Take the top off when Hurns kicks inside. 

I think Greene plays slot when Hurns is outside, with Lee occasionally getting looks there too.

It's not about number 3, number 4 etc

It's about roles.

Quote:Sorry, but Hurns > Lee any way you slice it.

40 yard dash?
I don't know if it's so much Lee vs Greene, but rather Lee vs Lee. Stay on the field and the coaching staff will find something for him to do on Sunday. 

If healthy, Marquis Lee. He's got the talent to be one of the best players on our roster, but unfortunately, is made of china. Green is going to be a great punt returner for us, can be a decent receiver, however, undersized but plays like a bull. While his effort is tremendous, he simply does not have the body I think to hold up as a full time receiver in the NFL. He will get hurt often just like last season. He needs to focus on punt returning as he can be top 5 in the league at it. 

i would say lee has the advantage for being the number three... but if it comes down to only keeping one, Greene may have the advantage just because of his kick returning ability. i think he brings more to the team in terms of value. luckily, i don't think it will come to that this year because we took Greene at a different time so he will remain in his rookie contract at least through this season and next. If Lee remains healthy and actually lives up to his potential, i think we we may have the best receiving corps in the league if we don't already, hopefully we can keep them both.

Quote:This doesn't make sense. It's not like Lee is going to ask for a ton of money after being completely useless. If he shows up this year and stays healthy, I don't see why we won't try and keep him. 

Depends on what his market value is. There are WR needy teams who will throw more money at him than we probably would to retain him.
I think we will see a steady rotation at the #3 spot.  Or Lee will work 1-2 duties when Hurns or Robinson need a breather and Greene will stay at 3

Greene imo is good enough to be a #3 maybe a #2... The thing is Lee has the potential to be a #1... Like someone else mentioned its about roles not numbers.. I believe these guys will rotate according to the defense playing against to create matchup problems..
Other than a couple of drops by Greene, I'd have to say he's been a lot more of a dynamic player.  Greene has that "it" thing that you can't teach or learn.

I hope Lee pans out but, I'm not certain if anyone else has noticed this, but even after getting tackled he often comes up limping as to say "that really hurt".    I hope I'm wrong but I think the physicality of the NFL game may be too much for him.
Quote:Greene imo is good enough to be a #3 maybe a #2... The thing is Lee has the potential to be a #1... Like someone else mentioned its about roles not numbers.. I believe these guys will rotate according to the defense playing against to create matchup problems..

Honestly I believe Lee has the potential to be the best receiver on this team. Potential being the key word. If he can put it all together and stay injury free, he can be a true weapon.
Quote:Honestly I believe Lee has the potential to be the best receiver on this team. Potential being the key word. If he can put it all together and stay injury free, he can be a true weapon.

I difinitely agree...
Pages: 1 2 3