Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clinton Taps Sen. Tim Kaine for Veep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A pox on both their houses

What-evs.

Kaine's an old white guy with a lot of experience.  I like the pick.

Not a fan of the pick, except that if she wins, we might get a new senator.  

This could actually have been far, far worse. Could've been Comrade Pocahontas (Warren).

Still will not vote for her under any circumstance.

LOL, Kaine's Wiki page was edited 250 times yesterday.  Can't have facts messing up the campaign.  They are also cleaning up the Wiki pages of other convention speakers. 

If Kaine were at the top of the ticket I'd think about voting D this year.

Virginia is still recovering from the Kaine mutiny.

Probably selected because easy to put a D back in his seat (NoVA built on and loves big government.)

Quote:Virginia is still recovering from the Kaine mutiny.

Probably selected because easy to put a D back in his seat (NoVA built on and loves big government.)

The governor replaces the Senator, and since he's a Democrat he'll obviously replace him with a Dem. Possibly himself.

That's another positive reason for Kaine's selection - the Dems won't lose a Senator. Brown of Ohio was considered, but then they would lose a seat in the Senate.

Kaine's resume is very impressive, as is the positive statements of those who have worked for and with him, including Republicans, like Az. Senator Jeff Flake.
Looks like the Dem convention will be a gun grab festival. 

Quote:The governor replaces the Senator, and since he's a Democrat he'll obviously replace him with a Dem. Possibly himself.

That's another positive reason for Kaine's selection - the Dems won't lose a Senator. Brown of Ohio was considered, but then they would lose a seat in the Senate.

Kaine's resume is very impressive, as is the positive statements of those who have worked for and with him, including Republicans, like Az. Senator Jeff Flake.

The current governor is not only a Democrat, but in fact, former DNC chairman Terry McAuliffe.  He's pretty much part of the Clinton machine, so you better believe he's going to appoint not only a Democrat replacement for Kaine, but one very friendly to Clinton's interests whether she wins or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McAuliffe
I don't get it. You guys will elect a criminal for president but have a problem with The Jags working out a criminal for a roster spot.
Quote:I don't get it. You guys will elect a criminal for president but have a problem with The Jags working out a criminal for a roster spot.

Technically neither one is a criminal, they both bought their way out of charges.
And now we know why she tapped Kaine.  She needed a non-Hispanic who speaks fluent Spanish.  This is a very tricky thing, to be speaking a different language at rallies without seeming to exclude everyone else who doesn't speak it.

Interesting that no English translation of Kaine's speech was made available.  That will be controversial if it continues.  Guess I'll have to brush up on my Español.