Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Munich shooting: Police hunt 'attackers'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Much for European Gun Control.......

Munich shooting: Police hunt 'attackers'

<p class="">Police in the German city of Munich say the perpetrators of a shooting attack are still on the run, and they advise people to avoid public places.

There are reports of at least six people killed, but police have not confirmed that figure.

A big security operation is under way at the Olympia shopping centre in the north-western Moosach district.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36870874

Gun legislation in Germany

<b>Gun legislation in Germany</b> is considered among the strictest gun control in the world.<sup>[1]</sup><sup>[2]</sup> The current law, the German Weapons Act (German: <i>Waffengesetz</i>), dates from 1972, and includes as well as modifies previous gun laws. This statute regulates the handling of knives, firearms and ammunition as well as acquisition, storage, commerce and maintenance of weapons. It also defines certain forbidden items such as nunchakus, switchblades and brass knuckles and bans their possession and distribution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_legisl...in_Germany

Quote:So Much for European Gun Control.......

Gun legislation in Germany

<b>Gun legislation in Germany</b> is considered among the strictest gun control in the world.<sup>[1]</sup><sup>[2]</sup> The current law, the German Weapons Act (German: <i>Waffengesetz</i>), dates from 1972, and includes as well as modifies previous gun laws. This statute regulates the handling of knives, firearms and ammunition as well as acquisition, storage, commerce and maintenance of weapons. It also defines certain forbidden items such as nunchakus, switchblades and brass knuckles and bans their possession and distribution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_legisl...in_Germany
Bet you were frothing at the mouth once you heard about this weren't you? Couldn't even wait until someone replied before letting loose.
This is terrible. Let me tell you something, the Landenpolizei (German police) are no joke and they're the same nationwide. When 9/11 happened I was living in Germany, Stuttgart to be exact, and they with the Military Police, had the 3 military installations there secured ASAP, which in Germany pretty much means it was done before you even thought about it. They had a tank posted outside USAREUR's front gate for at least 6 months. Yes, a tank. I actually have a couple of pictures of it sitting out there. They were diligent in working with the military in every aspect of security. I can only speak for where I was, but I'm certain the same was happening at every US military installation in Germany. 

Germans are very precise and methodical and I have no doubt they will figure this out. 

Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of the victims and for those involved in getting the cowards who did this. 

What happened to you in the Australia thread Drifter?
I despise when Euros and Aussies pat themselves on the back and get cute in threads after a shooting happens in the States. I equally despise when Americans choose to pounce on an event like this to mock Euros.

Have some class, people. Christ.
You seem overly impressed by a hunk of metal parked on a lawn, americus.  As for the Germans figuring it out, the motive is unclear and will remain unclear forever despite overwhelming evidence that it was a radical Islamist attack.  

Quote: despite overwhelming evidence that it was a radical Islamist attack.  
Really? Because nearly every report I've seen so far has been quite clear in that nobody knows anything about a motive yet. In fact, the only report suggesting a motive I've read so far was a supposed witness report concerning anti-immigrant slogans the shooter was shouting.

But let's not keep caution or facts from having the bigotry train rolling full steam down your one track mind. 
Dumb [BLEEP] attacking the people who put 6 million in the cattlecars. This is just not going to end well.
Quote:You seem overly impressed by a hunk of metal parked on a lawn, americus.  As for the Germans figuring it out, the motive is unclear and will remain unclear forever despite overwhelming evidence that it was a radical Islamist attack.

Seriously?
Schengen may prove to be an issue in this. However it's probably good the shooter didn't have an assault rifle I'm sure you will agree drifter.
Quote:Schengen may prove to be an issue in this. However it's probably good the shooter didn't have an assault rifle I'm sure you will agree drifter.

Would've been nicer if he weren't a mass murderer.
Quote:Would've been nicer if he weren't a mass murderer.

Well obviously that would be preferable. But unfortunately many people are idiots. I prefer my idiots less gunned up if possible.

If these people weren't in the world I would be happy with all the gun nut deregulation going. Although I feel most wouldn't get much joy out of a gun.
Loretta said she had been in the restrooms at the same time as the shooter, with her eight-year-old son. As he started shooting, he yelled 'Allahu Akbar', she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...unich.html

Quote: 

Loretta said she had been in the restrooms at the same time as the shooter, with her eight-year-old son. As he started shooting, he yelled 'Allahu Akbar', she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...unich.html

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);">

</div>
There's also a report of him shouting "I'm German, [WORD] foreigners". So a conflicted fellow to say the least.
sick

the problem is not just the religion itself.  you pair an unstable individual who has mental problems with a religion that calls for jihad so you can live with 70 virgins, and you have a ticking time bomb.

I thought it was 72 virgins.  Are you trying to cheat somebody out of 2 virgins?  That's not proper jihad. 

Quote:I thought it was 72 virgins.  Are you trying to cheat somebody out of 2 virgins?  That's not proper jihad. 

Too bad for them when they find out their reward will be raisins.
I think it was the chronic aversion to being intilectually dishonest that chased me away from liberalism
Quote:I thought it was 72 virgins. Are you trying to cheat somebody out of 2 virgins? That's not proper jihad.

Virginians.

Wait until Mason, Washington, Jefferson, et Al get ahold of them.
Quote:I think it was the chronic aversion to being intilectually dishonest that chased me away from liberalism

LOL ... and you end up with Donald Trump. Funny how life works out sometimes.
Pages: 1 2