Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 'Hate Cops?' billboard causes uproar in Indiana
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

'Hate Cops?' billboard causes uproar in Indiana

A billboard in Indiana has caused some controversy in the wake of the high-profile police killings and officer-involved shooting deaths of African-American men.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/20/hat...diana.html

My wife has a t-shirt that says the same thing. Well, it says "meth head" instead of "crack head"

Caused an uproar?  One person complained about it.   And check out her Facebook page.  Pure racist garbage.

https://www.facebook.com/rainbowskittlesT?fref=nf

That's kind of hilarious, especially because a second's worth of reading between the lines suggests that it was probably a pro-LE group that paid to put it up.

Can't help but feel for the poor guy who approved it and is now almost certainly searching for a new job.
This nation is never going to make it through this crap if we keep baiting each other instead of using actual dialogue face-to-face about the issues.

It's the false choice that is being pushed that is really the pathetic part of it-- other than the clear right wing trolling that is easily dismissed.

But the question is biased to begin with.

NO LAW ABIDING BLACK, BROWN, OR WHILE PERSON HATES COPS.

The issue is with the very real problem of police brutality and the lack of accountability when there is a grievance between a citizen and law enforcement.

This type of propaganda only makes the problem worse... it does not help.
Quote:It's the false choice that is being pushed that is really the pathetic part of it-- other than the clear right wing trolling that is easily dismissed.

The issue is with the very real problem of police brutality and the lack of accountability when there is a grievance between a citizen and law enforcement.

Yep, we hate certain cops. The difficulty is knowing which ones they are.
Quote:Yep, we hate certain cops. The difficulty is knowing which ones they are.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!
Hate Rouge cops who commit murders, assaults, and other types of police misconduct? Yes.
Quote:It's the false choice that is being pushed that is really the pathetic part of it-- other than the clear right wing trolling that is easily dismissed.

Notice how the OP creates thread with said article and calls for a race war in another.
Quote:Notice how the OP creates thread with said article and calls for a race war in another.
Haaaaaaaave you met Drifter?
Quote:Notice how the OP creates thread with said article and calls for a race war in another.

I didn't call for a race war, I said there is one brewing........

Don't put words in my mouth

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I have to say it. According to you all law abiding citizens of any color do not hate cops. So is it fair to say all non-law abiding citizens of any color hate cops? And if they do, should they? Most of the time the cop is just doing their job, it's the person committing the crime doing something wrong. So are they hating on the cops because they got caught or because they reject the responsibility of their actions and point the finger? I'm not talking about the extreme cases we've seen and know about. I'm just talking about the normal, day to day arrests, searches, etc. 

To me it's obvious the police brutality issue is a problem. The thing is, when a person who is a credible threat doesn't cooperate after being told repeatedly to show their hands or whatever the command is, keeps reaching for something the cop can't see, rushes the cop, etc., what is the cop supposed to do? Most of the time the criminal is going to resist arrest which makes the next action by the officer more.....physical than if the person had just done what the officer said. Resisting arrest automatically escalates the situation and everyone knows that. No one in this country can claim plausible deniability because the information is out there. Heck, you see it on COPS all the time. There is no excuse for not doing what is asked. I'm not saying there are not bad cops, there are, but there are more good cops than bad ones and the media is going to stir the pot regarding the bad ones.

The public deserves to know what law enforcement is up to, but the media is all about ratings, they don't tell us things to be good stewards of the community. The fact that we are allowing them to direct the narrative shows just how much people are willing to be sheep. People need to be proactive in what they think they know about everything. Just because it's on the internet, news, etc., doesn't mean it's the whole truth. 
Quote:Hate Rouge cops who commit murders, assaults, and other types of police misconduct? Yes.

Okay, I've seen you do this enough to know that it is not a typo.

The word you want is rogue. Not rouge. Unless you're talking about cops wearing makeup.
Quote:Okay, I've seen you do this enough to know that it is not a typo.

The word you want is rogue. Not rouge. Unless you're talking about cops wearing makeup.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Quote:I didn't call for a race war, I said there is one brewing........

Don't put words in my mouth

Where is this race war "brewing" at supposedly? Who is creating it and for what purpose?

Just a FYI not all blacks hate whites and vice versa as your Fox news daily outlet would have you believing. 

Quote:Okay, I've seen you do this enough to know that it is not a typo.

It's the stupid auto correct on my phone doing this.
I think that's an awesome billboard..
Those billboards are fairly easy to hack. I don't see a real issue with the sign. It speaks to a very few that hate the police. Many of which are probably...wait for it.......crackheads.