Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags PFF ranking of position groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

raweyejag

WR 4th

RB 7th

D front 7 20th but if all perform top 10

QB 18th

O line 23rd

Secondary 22nd

On paper but need to perform on field
They have Winston as 15 and Blake as 18, yet had Blake as a top 10 by last season end.....

QB at 18....just wow.

Dude goes out and rips 35 touchdowns and 4500 yards and he's 18th.

Come on cuh...
What do they rank us on nights of a harvest moon?

Pff... sounds exactly like it's spelled.

Quote:They have Winston as 15 and Blake as 18, yet had Blake as a top 10 by last season end.....

Did they? I thought PFF was about as down on Bortles as anyone has ever been. Pretty much dedicate their site to downplaying his accomplishments and pinning all the credit on the Allen Bros.
PFFT
its position GROUP meaning bortles AND henne. 18 is fair when rating both

It does look like they penalized us for Henne being the #2 based on the comment. 'only occupying a roster spot due to familiarity with the system'. They also penalized Blake for completion percentage, and interceptions. Overall, I thought they were pretty fair with the rankings, clearly indicating that if OL and DL played to their potential, could both be far better as well as QB which was mentioned above. I am looking forward to a far different ranking by year end!

Quote:It does look like they penalized us for Henne being the #2 based on the comment. 'only occupying a roster spot due to familiarity with the system'. They also penalized Blake for completion percentage, and interceptions. Overall, I thought they were pretty fair with the rankings, clearly indicating that if OL and DL played to their potential, could both be far better as well as QB which was mentioned above. I am looking forward to a far different ranking by year end!

As majik mentioned as well, if that's the case then I can agree with that.

raweyejag

Quote:QB at 18....just wow.

Dude goes out and rips 35 touchdowns and 4500 yards and he's 18th.

Come on cuh...

BB has chance to become very good NFL QB but if we take our teal glasses off...interceptions are the reason teams loss games sometimes. Granted an improved O line will help out to decrease interceptions this year. BB was also helped out by WR catching less than accurate passes, point being lower completion percentage another reason for lower ranking. Offense and BB will be better this year but BB needs make better decisions by throwing ball away instead of risking interceptions and pick 6's. Accuracy will improve as O line improves every year.
Quote:BB has chance to become very good NFL QB but if we take our teal glasses off...interceptions are the reason teams loss games sometimes. Granted an improved O line will help out to decrease interceptions this year. BB was also helped out by WR catching less than accurate passes, point being lower completion percentage another reason for lower ranking. Offense and BB will be better this year but BB needs make better decisions by throwing ball away instead of risking interceptions and pick 6's. Accuracy will improve as O line improves every year.

He had the best statistical season in franchise history. Only good for 18th.

raweyejag

Quote:He had the best statistical season in franchise history. Only good for 18th.
Correct Franchise History 1 of 32

When I have my teal glasses on I have bromance for BB but when I take my teal glasses off I see the following info...

BB 2015 Interceptions thrown 1st out of 32

BB 2015 Completion % 31st of 32

BB 2015 QB rating 23rd of 32

BB 2015 wins 5\16 28th of 32

C'mon Man....
Quote:Correct Franchise History 1 of 32

When I have my teal glasses on I have bromance for BB but when I take my teal glasses off I see the following info...

BB 2015 Interceptions thrown 1st out of 32

BB 2015 Completion % 31st of 32

BB 2015 QB rating 23rd of 32

BB 2015 wins 5\16 28th of 32

C'mon Man....

TDs: 2nd of 32
Quote:BB 2015 Interceptions thrown 1st out of 32
Interceptions thrown is less interesting than interceptions per attempt, with sufficient attempts. Which drops him down the list slightly.

Quote:BB 2015 wins 5\16 28th of 32
1. 26= of 32, actually.

2. Ridiculous stat. Might as well rank him based on the number of pizzas eaten within 1 mile of his current location. It was the abhorrent defence that lost us games last year more than anything else.

3. Really ridiculous stat. If our kicker had managed to connect on any of the potential game winners against Indy, that would have pushed Blake from 26= to 22=. A four spot jump (a whole 8th of the league) for doing absolutely nothing differently, because someone else did or didn't do their job. It's so obviously laughable.

raweyejag

Quote:TDs: 2nd of 32

So BB should be 2nd instead of 18th with that logic.

18th about right when you look at complete picture good and bad.
Quote:He had the best statistical season in franchise history. Only good for 18th.
Yeah but these same people on here will kiss derek carr's rings and he threw 5 less int's and one less pick 6 than blake last year. Go figure

Quote:PFFT

Sayeth Bill the Cat.
Quote:It does look like they penalized us for Henne being the #2 based on the comment. 'only occupying a roster spot due to familiarity with the system'. They also penalized Blake for completion percentage, and interceptions. Overall, I thought they were pretty fair with the rankings, clearly indicating that if OL and DL played to their potential, could both be far better as well as QB which was mentioned above. I am looking forward to a far different ranking by year end!

That truly is the only reason. Personally I wouldn't bat an eye if Henne failed to make the final 53. Just from what little I've seen and read, I'm already more impressed with Brandon Allen.

As for the other numbers, I'm surprised we're as high as #7 at RB suggesting they must be really high on Ivory. Based on what we saw last year, I'd think a ranking in the 20s would be more appropriate. Then again, they might be looking at Corey Grant returning and thinking that he's the ultimate scat back with all that speed. :thumbsup:<strong>
</strong>

As for the DBs ranking 22nd, I don't think that's fair. I might be about where they were last year, but after drafting Jalen and adding Gipson and Amukamara, we should be much improved. The unit should really be tight after Colvin returns week five. The Jaguars secondary is now at least in the top half of the league.

Quote:Yeah but these same people on here will kiss derek carr's rings and he threw 5 less int's and one less pick 6 than blake last year. Go figure

This...

In my eyes BB is simply a better player than Carr. And he doesn't have enough a 1st round pick. He is doing it with a 2nd rounder and an undrafted Hurns.

Carr played behind a good defense. BB played behind a terrible defense.

This year, BB shouldn't have to carry the team on his shoulders.
Quote:Sayeth Bill the Cat.

ack
Pages: 1 2