Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Don't give up on humanity just yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.11alive.com/ext/news/nation-n...yiIgwoUIwS

Inmates organizing a jailbreak...to help a guard who was having a heart attack. There's hope.

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."

-Fred Rogers
Quote:"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."

-Fred Rogers
I love the sentiment however the media used to show us the helpers.  Now the helpers don't get ratings so they show us hate, hate and more hate.
Quote:I love the sentiment however the media used to show us the helpers.  Now the helpers don't get ratings so they show us hate, hate and more hate.

Stop watching and focus on what matters in life.
Quote:Stop watching and focus on what matters in life.
Oh I do believe me.  Family and friends first.  My point is there was a time when the media reported news and did not manufacture it or slant it for ratings.
Quote:Oh I do believe me.  Family and friends first.  My point is there was a time when the media reported news and did not manufacture it or slant it for ratings.
The news is complicated to me.  I want weather, a spinch of politics, and updates on whats happening locally, as well as anywhere else big news breaks.  The news gives me i'll admit, but not once do i recall a good news run.  It's death, murder, or some other type of crime or bad news with spotty accuracy on the weather predictions.  Lol i guess i still have to watch it sometimes though.