Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can Nic Jacobs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...become the #2 TE in 2017? Or will DC need to look elsewhere?
I think that backup tight end is a pretty easy position to fill.

He's a blocking TE who can catch in goal line situations. Kinda hard for him to be anything else than a #3 TE but he's been great. Really underrated.
I think Neal Sterling and Ben Koyack are both interesting prospects at TE as well
I think we need to wait until  at least preseason past!!

My money is on Neal Sterling
I'm saying Ben Koyack. Heading into college the guy was the top TE in the nation. Dealt with a lot of QB problems at ND.

He played last year around 290.  In this off season, he has lost about 15 pounds to help his quickness and versatility.  He'll be an interesting guy to watch. 

Sign a bagger from Publix. You cannot get passed them until you tell them no thanks when they ask to take your groceries out to your car. Excellent blocking skillset.

Quote:I think Neal Sterling and Ben Koyack are both interesting prospects at TE as well
Imo both of these guys are currently too light
No. Lewis is.
In 2017? Maybe. Clay Harbor was a better overall player though. I think depending on how this year shakes out. We obviously invested in Thomas and kept Lewis around. I could see us drafting another tight-end in next year's draft. I think if you're watching college football this year keep an eye out for Jordan Leggett out of Clemson. Could be a solid 3rd RD pick next year.

Nic has refined his blocking and his huge by comparison to other TEs behind him. I know Gus said Koyack is being looked at for FB, but I keep thinking Nic would be great there. Koyack is more of a prototypical size for a FB, but Nic's size compares to Alualu who they plugged in this past year. He'd be a force in there. As a receiver I feel like he's capable but just hasn't really had the reps in games. He has looked good when they've actually gone to him.

I kinda doubt Jacobs makes the team this year.

Sterling, Bowman and Koyack are pushing him.

And, 02, it's Bowman not Koyack getting looks at FB.
Quote:I kinda doubt Jacobs makes the team this year.

Thanks for the correction, although I still think Jacobs makes it. I feel like he's got a spot secured as a blocking TE, and that they rest are trying out for one spot as a pass catching TE.

I thought the title meant you wanted Nic Jacobs fired....

Lewis will be your #2

Quote:I kinda doubt Jacobs makes the team this year.

Quote:Thanks for the correction, although I still think Jacobs makes it. I feel like he's got a spot secured as a blocking TE, and that they rest are trying out for one spot as a pass catching TE.

Not gloating over the Jacobs prediction, It would have been nice if someone with his size could have put it together and made the squad. Seems the mistakes during Tampa Bay's visit did him in. And the relentless dropped passes. 

What's interesting at this point is that they it seems Koyack and Bowman were both given looks at FB but I think they are keeping that close to the vest during preseason.  In two TE sets I noticed Koyack coming from the weak side to lead block for the RB a few times and he looked good doing it. 

Koyack was blocking well vs T.B. and Cincy at times and I think that locks him on the 53. I really hope they can stash Bowman w/o losing him to another team with TE injuries.  (Baltimore comes to mind)

JT/Lewis/Koyack/Sterling is a nice group IMO. 
Quote:Not gloating over the Jacobs prediction, It would have been nice if someone with his size could have put it together and made the squad. Seems the mistakes during Tampa Bay's visit did him in. And the relentless dropped passes. 

What's interesting at this point is that they it seems Koyack and Bowman were both given looks at FB but I think they are keeping that close to the vest during preseason.  In two TE sets I noticed Koyack coming from the weak side to lead block for the RB a few times and he looked good doing it. 

Koyack was blocking well vs T.B. and Cincy at times and I think that locks him on the 53. I really hope they can stash Bowman w/o losing him to another team with TE injuries.  (Baltimore comes to mind)

JT/Lewis/Koyack/Sterling is a nice group IMO. 

Yep. I like the setup and I'm hoping that Bowman becomes the "TE in waiting" as Lewis' replacement.