Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 Fantasy Football Predictions - And the Jags Defense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ran across this article on NFL.com and was really surprised to see what the fantasy football people are talking about. Yes, the Jags defense! They are #6 of the predictions.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story...s-for-2016

Low and behold, there is the Jaguar defense AND special teams being bantered about as a bold prediction of success in 2016.

Of course, it is only that, a prediction. However, it's nice to see the league and the media taking notice and projecting the same good things that so many Jaguar fans are hoping for. It means nothing unless it's fulfilled, but the simple fact that people are taking notice and the so called experts are starting to include the Jags as someone to be reckoned with is a nice thing to read. 

A little premature perhaps, but it's nice that our new look D is inspiring some sort of confidence out there. 

I really can't wait to see what this unit looks like after the bye.  I'm optimistic. 

They will not be able to bail out a struggling offense.

Wait..
Quote:They will not be able to bail out a struggling offense.

Wait..
You expect the Jags offense to struggle?
Quote:You expect the Jags offense to struggle?

I believe you've been whooshed.
Quote:I believe you've been whooshed.

I sure hope so.

Two ways of interpreting that "wait" bit.

Hoping I took it not as it was intended.
NYC, rehash the 'Team is now ready to compete' thread. You'll see Fanatic's point.
Makes sense considering we have playmakers at every level on defense coupled with Lee and Greene on special teams.
IF the offense struggles, we have a defense that can bail it out.

I expect us to struggle a game or 2, yeah. We're not gonna put up gaudy numbers in 16 games.
Quote:IF the offense struggles, we have a defense that can bail it out.

I expect us to struggle a game or 2, yeah. We're not gonna put up gaudy numbers in 16 games.
Or struggle for a quarter or a half. It doesn't have to be for entire games to greatly benefit from a solid defense.

Even the best offenses in history went through spells where it seemed like no one's head was in the game.

You don't want to put yourself in a situation where if your offense starts off with couple of 3 and outs you find yourself down by a couple of scores. Suddenly you have to abandon your game plan for riskier plays in order to catch back up which usually has a negative effect on the odds of you winning the game.

If your defense can keep it close until your offense starts clicking you will have a much better chance of winning the game.