Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who is the better team.. Jags r ravens..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The reason I ask is cuz my brothers a ravens fan.. And he actually wanted me to ask jag nation..
lol Jags easily.

Ravens have a dinosaur in Steve Smith who is ready to retire. Perriman can't even get on the field. They lost Will Hill for being an idiot. Suggs ain't getting any younger, etc etc. I could go on and on.

I'd take our roster in a hearbeat but I'd also take their HC in half a hearbeat.

My money would go on the Ravens having a better season (even though a lot of their players are pretty old)

We will see in week 3
Quote:I'd take our roster in a hearbeat but I'd also take their HC in half a hearbeat.

My money would go on the Ravens having a better season (even though a lot of their players are pretty old)

I agree with this.

With their HC and this roster, the Jags would have a great opportunity to make the playoffs.

With our HC and their roster..................not so much.

Come on Gus, prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:We will see in week 3

Well if that's the case, didn't we prove it last year when we beat them at their place?
Ravens are on their way to a rebuild/ reload. Hopefully our rebuild is almost complete. they also play in a more challenging division than us, which will push down their record.
Quote:Ravens are on their way to a rebuild/ reload. Hopefully our rebuild is almost complete. they also play in a more challenging division than us, which will push down their record.
i wouldnt say rebuild or reload even. One real game changer on offense, safety help, and youth at olb are their most prominent needs and they could probably address all of that in one offseason.
Quote:The reason I ask is cuz my brothers a ravens fan.. And he actually wanted me to ask jag nation..

1 game at a neutral site, I take the Ravens with a healthy T. Suggs.

At this time next year, with another year of development for our young team, I say the Jags
Ravens have the better coach so it's even
We beat them with the Ice Cream Zone 3. This year it's modified and a hybrid version of the old, so it should be better. We should beat them by a FG.

Quote:Ravens have the better coach so it's even

He is over rated. Maybe better than Bradley, but over rated.
Quote:Well if that's the case, didn't we prove it last year when we beat them at their place?

Why does a lot of fans think this way?? I don't get it.

Every year is brand new for Pro teams. Welcome to 2016.

Didn't we prove we can beat the Broncos is 1996?
Well to make it easy, we beat them last year, and we added more talent on paper over the offseason.
Quote:Well to make it easy, we beat them last year, and we added more talent on paper over the offseason.

So did Baltimore and just about every NFL team besides maybe Cleveland and San Fran!
Quote:Why does a lot of fans think this way?? I don't get it.

Every year is brand new for Pro teams. Welcome to 2016.

Didn't we prove we can beat the Broncos is 1996?

But we beat them last year, meaning we were better then them last year.

We have, at least on paper, improved our team since last year and they probably have too, although they are still an old team and getting another year older, while we are a young team getting another year older.

Until they beat us, we are the more recent better team since we just played last season, not 20 years ago.

What is the point of bringing up beating the Broncos 20 years ago?

Besides, we have beaten the Broncos more recently then 20 years ago.

Welcome to discussing who is the better team in 2016 before the 2 teams that played in 2015 play again in 2016.
Quote:The reason I ask is cuz my brothers a ravens fan.. And he actually wanted me to ask jag nation..
Dude r u srs? Jags are better. Only position the Ravens have on us at this point is maybe QB and o-line? Not sure anything else is better.

Edit: Coach is a win for them too. Suggs is good, but hes old now, and even at a position that ages well, hes still old.

Quote:Dude r u srs? Jags are better. Only position the Ravens have on us at this point is maybe QB and o-line? Not sure anything else is better.

Edit: Coach is a win for them too. Suggs is good, but hes old now, and even at a position that ages well, hes still old.

I wouldn't say they are better at QB. Flacco's teams have had a lot of success, but he has yet to eclipse 4000 yards or 30 TDs in a season.