Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: History says Hurns and Robinson only have a 20% chance of scoring double digit TDs again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read a topic on nfl.com and 32 out 40 WRs failed to score double digit touchdowns the following season after posting their first double digit touchdown season.

Fortunately both of our receivers scored 10 or more times so I'm hoping we fall in the 20%.

After reading it again, he didn't even include Allen Robinson.
Anything is possible. The fact that Bortles was able to connect with both of them on double digit TDs in a new system is impressive. Should only be easier and more comfortable this season going into year three altogether. With that said. I think the passing game will see a more spread out distribution this year. I think Lee, Greene and Thomas will be more involved coming back at full health. Which is good for our team in the long run. And they didn't go out and invest a 2ND RD pick in Yeldon a year ago and pony up some cash this off-season for Ivory who led the AFC in rushing yardage last year to take a backseat on the offense. I expect the games to be closer, more physical on offense, with bigger splash plays developed off the play action game. Robinson will still get his double-digit TD's though. Or vise versa. Hurns at one point last year went something like six or seven consecutive weeks with a TD. I'd be pretty content if our entire team ends up becoming a near mimic of how the Steelers and Seahawks have been playing over the last few years. Gritty run game, big splash plays through the air when you need them or don't see it coming and an attacking defense that will gamble and make the pay offs for said gambles. 

I could see the td numbers spread around a little more this year. I expect ARob to hit double digits but I think Hurns may have a harder time with a healthy and in sync JT and Lee.
Quote:I could see the td numbers spread around a little more this year. I expect ARob to hit double digits but I think Hurns may have a harder time with a healthy and in sync JT and Lee.
Or our points per game can increase from 23.5 to 28 per game and everybody eats including our main receivers. 

Quote:Or our points per game can increase from 23.5 to 28 per game and everybody eats including our main receivers. 

This would be nice as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if neither get to 10 again. Thomas should get some more balls this year and, if we achieved our goals in the offseason we shouldn't have to pass when it's 1st1st and goal from the 5.
The ball will get spread around more, but those two could do it again. The redZone chances may diminish a bit, but they can both score from 30 YDS out, so..... It's do-able.

I don't care about their stats, though. Just W's.
A reduction in TD's for those guys probably ends up being a good thing. The team only had 3 rushing TD's from running backs last year. I am sure they would like see at least five times that many this year. And I would expect Julius Thomas to see the end zone more.

With a improved running game I expect a lot of the passing numbers to lower just a bit

Hopefully we'll be leading and chewing clock as well.

Quote:With a improved running game I expect a lot of the passing numbers to lower just a bit

Yeah me too. Ivory will have a big part in Hurns and Robinson getting a bunch of touchdowns.

I hope Ivory has double digit scores.
Quote:With a improved running game I expect a lot of the passing numbers to lower just a bit
Well Ivory was on the Jets last season leading AFC in rushing and with 8 td's on his own and yet, Brandon Marshal, Eric Decker respectively had double digit touchdown with the stats to their production as well. So why we can do the same thing here because i just don't understand why it got to be one or the other which doesn't make any sense to me. Oh by the way the Jets went 10-6 and that's why we as a offense can have our cake and eat it too.
Quote:The ball will get spread around more, but those two could do it again. The redZone chances may diminish a bit, but they can both score from 30 YDS out, so..... It's do-able.

Only thing that matters to me.
Quote:Only thing that matters to me.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NYC4jags" data-cid="765357" data-time="1466688476">
<div>
The ball will get spread around more, but those two could do it again. The redZone chances may diminish a bit, but they can both score from 30 YDS out, so..... It's do-able.

i care about both

</div>
</blockquote>
Quote:The ball will get spread around more, but those two could do it again. The redZone chances may diminish a bit, but they can both score from 30 YDS out, so..... It's do-able.

i care about both

Quote:i care about both

So you'd be upset if they put up bad stats and we go to the playoffs then.
To be fair, before last year wouldn't history have said there was a 0% chance of 2 second year receivers on the same team both putting up 1,000+ yards and 10+ TDs?

That being said, I doubt they both duplicate last year's statistical production for the reasons stated by many already. And that's ok. I'd rather see 10+ wins.

But these boys are ballers.
It is possible but with the direction this offense is going I don't see it happening. We will run the ball a lot more this year, Lee is healthy, and Julius has a fresh start with no injuries. We will be more productive on the offense but it won't translate to stats. We will be more efficient. 

Quote:So you'd be upset if they put up bad stats and we go to the playoffs then.
if they put up bad stats we're not going to the playoffs
Quote:i care about both
agree, im sure one will be on my fantasy team
Pages: 1 2