Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Alright fellas with the dead zone upon us I thought I'd give us something to chew on.Who is the one player you had the highest expectations for despite how they were acquired? Who did you always think would breakout and become a star player but in the end you were left dissapointed?

For me its Jarret Dillard I thought this guy would be a absolute steal. He set dozens of records while playing WR at Rice. But in the end he never panned out. Who's your guy?

Justin Blackmon

Shoelace.  

Keep hope alive. 

#16  - OW

Gabbert, supported that bum long after most here did. Made me look like a damn fool. Screw Gabbert.............I ain't mad or nothing................punk.

I was thinking we had just picked up Freeney-Mathis v2.0 with the addition of Harvey-Groves.  Oops.

Quote:Gabbert, supported that bum long after most here did. Made me look like a damn fool. Screw Gabbert.............I ain't mad or nothing................punk.

I tried to support Gabbert till the end. It hurt me most of the time Sick
Mine was Derrick Harvey. I truly believed we were 1 player away. Then we drafted Groves in the second round and I thought for sure we were going to the Super Bowl.

So for me it was Harvey.
Man, I knew Gabbert was a bust the second we got him. Got destroyed here calling him out as a bum.

Definitely Derrick Harvey! I was so excited about that pick. Alas....

Quote:Justin Blackmon
This for sure.  Dude would have been unreal.
Quote:Gabbert, supported that bum long after most here did. Made me look like a damn fool. Screw Gabbert.............I ain't mad or nothing................punk.

Quote:Mine was Derrick Harvey. I truly believed we were 1 player away. Then we drafted Groves in the second round and I thought for sure we were going to the Super Bowl.

So for me it was Harvey.

I'm torn between these two. For the Harvery-Groves draft, I felt like the team had finally added speed to the Defensive Line. Finally here were not one, but two guys who could flat out run and get to the QB. How did both of those guys turn out to be busts?!?!?! I mean, I get one but both?!?!

And then Gabbert came along. Here was a guy with all of the athletic talent in the world but he would need time, training and experience to get it all out. I'm a patient guy so I was prepared to wait. At least Bortles came about shortly after so there wasn't as much time to dwell on it.
Quote:Justin Blackmon

Blackmon was a little different. He was was top 10 WR when he stepped on the field. The problem was getting him on the field
Leftwich, I really thought he was going to be this giant gun slinger. But we should have just rode Brunell longer.
I was skeptical of Blackmon during his draft process and when he was with us, when you watch him in interviews you could just tell something was up. That being said:

1. Mike Sims-Walker (everyone talked him up)

2. Larry Hart

3. Derrick Harvey
Quote:I was skeptical of Blackmon during his draft process and when he was with us, when you watch him in interviews you could just tell something was up. That being said:

1. Mike Sims-Walker (everyone talked him up)

2. Larry Hart

3. Derrick Harvey

4. Austen Lane

Dude was the definition of underwear all star.

Hey, a lot of us fell into that trap.  He really looked great in practice!  Tongue
I thought Leftwich would be a star.

Eben "Oh yeah, I'm PO'ed (I was picked in the 2nd round)" Britton

Some good answers on here so far. To be different I would say Ace Sanders, thought he was gonna be and awesome slot guy.
JJ Stokes too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4