Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Top 5 weakest positions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think is our top 5 weakest positions heading in to the season?

Mine are

1. LG

2. SS

3. LT

4. Otto (unless they play Jack there)

5. DE (Edge rusher)

LT would be at the top but I feel Beachum can be the guy if healthy. DE at 5 because after Fowler or Yanni who we have hope for, there isnt much as far as edge rusher goes!
1. Head Coach

2. Left Guard

3. Left Tackle

4. Free Safety

5. Strong Safety

Quote:1. Head Coach

2. Left Guard

3. Left Tackle

4. Free Safety

5. Strong Safety
no faith in Gipson huh? Ok
SS

Sam

LG

LT
LG,DE and safety depth.

Every line has a weak spot and ours is going to be LG next season. All we need is a push in the run game from our LG and we will be fine.

At edge rusher we have many unknowns ,tend to think we'll be at least average at putting pressure on the QB though so not too worried.

At safety if Gibson goes down we are straight back to square 1.I'm of the opinion that Cyp is simply a bad football player no matter who he plays with. Him taking the next step would be a huge surprise.
Quote:1. Head Coach

2. Left Guard

3. Left Tackle

4. Free Safety

5. Strong Safety

Dude we got Gipson. What,,,,did you forget?
The left side of our line and SS are the only weaknesses of our team.

But with all the talent this team has, it will be over looked and out weighed.

Look for a quick start then a few losses here and there and then finally we will have the talent to win against the Colts and Texans and wrap up the division.

Every team has weaknesses. Even past Super Bowl Champions. It's part of the game.

We can't have an all-madden team.
Quote:LG,DE and safety depth.

Every line has a weak spot and ours is going to be LG next season. All we need is a push in the run game from our LG and we will be fine.

At edge rusher we have many unknowns ,tend to think we'll be at least average at putting pressure on the QB though so not too worried.

At safety if Gibson goes down we are straight back to square 1.I'm of the opinion that Cyp is simply a bad football player no matter who he plays with. Him taking the next step would be a huge surprise
Gipson go down we throw Samples or Ramsey in there no biggie.
Quote:Gipson go down we through Samples or Ramsey in there no biggie.

Ramsey can play FS, so agree.

But we don't need to play what if a month before training camp.

He's healthy now.

If Bortles goes down were back to Gene Smith.
The Head Coach is by far the weakest position! His record shows how unproven he is..

Second I believe Defensive End still is one of the weakest... We basically gonna have 2 rookie Leos playing for us.. Hope that works...

Third is backup Qb.. This team is one play away from having a guy who we all know sucks come in and stink it up..

Fourth is Left Guard.. I dont have faith in none of the guys at this position. Fortunately Guard isnt a premier position, and u dont have to be great to play it..

Fifth is a tie between Kicker and Left Tackle...Meyers cost us some games and won us some. The book still open on him. And with Beachum coming back from a injury and Joeckel still being Joeckel i have my worries at Lt..
FB
LG is a weak position at the moment, but someone may step up between now and September. 

LT is a big question mark. 

SS is a smaller question mark but should be fine. 

SAM/OTTO is yet another minor question mark.

K  not really concerned on this one. I think the kid pulls it together this year. 

Depth at several positions is a mild concern as well.  

This list sure is shorter than it was three years ago. 

It's awesome that hardly anyone said DE or edge
1. LG I am even sure who our LG is

2. LT Joeckel is not the answer and Beachum has not practiced much because he is recovering from his torn ACL

3. TE Thomas is good but after that who.  This is the one position where the Jags got weaker.  Clay Harbour left for NE and the Jags signed no one in Free Agency and drafted no one

4. OLB - If Jack is going to play MLB, then the Jags have the same OLB's as last season

5. MLB - Poz is great against the run but not against the pass and Jack is coming off an injury and only participated in the last week of OTA's.   Thus we still don't know what we have with him

Head coach is the weakest position by far.

Strong safety is next. We have trash being backed up by an unknown quantity that was injured as a rookie.

Left Guard is after that. Unknown quantities coming in to replace the worst starting offensive lineman.

DE is fourth, because we don't have a known impact player at the position yet. Hopefully Fowler or one of the rookies can do it.

Left Tackle is fifth because the Joke can't get it done and we don't know if Beachum will recover fully from his ACL injury. If Beachum does recover then the position shouldn't be too bad.

It's funny, the team has holes, but by far the preparation and game planning has been the team's biggest problem since Gus took over. Scouting the other team is important, but scouting yourself is even more important. If you don't even understand your own roster's strengths and weaknesses or your own coaching tendencies then other coaches will pencil whip the [BLEEP] out of you, and that's what has happened repeatedly for the Jaguars.

1. LT <--considering the talent level required to be effective at the position

2. LG

3. SS

4. OTTO

5. K

LT

LG

OTTO

CB

MLB

The fix for LT is not on this roster and lacks depth. Sure the Jags could plug someone in there, but next to the other weak spot of LG, it is a disaster waiting to happen. After watching OTAs, I actually think we may have the fix at LG. This will get some eye rolls, but Joeckel actually looked pretty stout at LG. We know his weakness tends to be technique out in space, so it stands to reason locked in a "phone booth" he may be pretty good. His strength in the run game carries over as well.

The OTTO or DE positions or whatever fancy name you want to assign them, lacks a proven play maker and depth. On paper we may have some improvements, but the only one flashing right now is Fowler. OTAs aren't a perfect measuring tool, but the Ryan Davis experiment looked absolutely awful. Not sure why the coaches feel he can cover in space.

CB has potential, but it is has one consistent player and the others are from the trauma ward. Maybe the offense has taken a step up, but they back end didn't look too impressive this last week. Thomas and Hurns were beating them like a drum! The other WR and TE didn't do so bad either. Like most positions, there just isn't strong depth yet.

The MLB position is in need of an upgrade and unfortunately it plays for Denver. Poz is great against the run and does great aligning his defense, but he is weak in one on one situations. He occasionally gets lucky in zone. Once again, good depth is an issue. We have seen a big drop off when Poz is out. He is up there in age and at the tail end of his career. Who is his replacement? Not sure he is on the roster just yet. Myles Jack has the potential to be a great LB, just not sure if that includes inside at the MLB position.

LT

SS

LG

LB (the position Jack and Smith aren't playing)

LEO
No order...

- LG

- SAM/OTTO (unless Jack starts, but I expect him too. I'm not comfortable with Skuta as a starter)

- K

- LT (but let's see how Beachum works out)

- #2 TE

- depth on the edge deserves mention
Head coaching 1st

Then I say, youth. Young players in a lot of key positions. They are going to make mistakes.
Pages: 1 2