Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jacksonville Beach area..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK so, I know I've asked a lot of questions recently, but here's another one for you Jax residents to answer..

I've pretty much got the idea of what we're doing the day before the Ravens game (travelling up to Jax from Oviedo, via St Augustine beach)...

I'm looking to do something that evening for my wife and I to do... what is the Jacksonville Beach/Pier area like?

Is it good for a romantic walk along with some dinner, ample parking, romantic restaurants which aren't super pricey?... Obviously being our honeymoon I'd like to plan something to surprise her that night, does anyone have any ideas?

In another thread, someone mentioned the dine-in theatre, great idea but unfortunately the show doesn't really take our fancy..

If anyone can hit me up with some links to things to do or names of restaurants for us to try out, that would be appreciated.

Pete's or Lynch's is usually my hangouts
And if you find your way to Lynch's, try The Irish Trash Can.. Awesome stuff..
Jax beach is the best part about jacksonville, plenty of restaurants in the area and if u go 10 minutes north to atlantic beach there are some nice places up there too

What did Bukkets at the beach become? I remember all you can eat crab legs for $20 on Sundays. Used to get a table outside facing the beach and watch the away Jags games back in the day.
Quote:OK so, I know I've asked a lot of questions recently, but here's another one for you Jax residents to answer..

I've pretty much got the idea of what we're doing the day before the Ravens game (travelling up to Jax from Oviedo, via St Augustine beach)...

I'm looking to do something that evening for my wife and I to do... what is the Jacksonville Beach/Pier area like?

Is it good for a romantic walk along with some dinner, ample parking, romantic restaurants which aren't super pricey?... Obviously being our honeymoon I'd like to plan something to surprise her that night, does anyone have any ideas?

In another thread, someone mentioned the dine-in theatre, great idea but unfortunately the show doesn't really take our fancy..

If anyone can hit me up with some links to things to do or names of restaurants for us to try out, that would be appreciated.

If you're going to Jax Beach you might try The Blind Rabbit.  We like that but there are quite a few other decent places to eat there.  Blind Rabbit has the advantage of being very much Americana with a dash of Southern fusion if you'd enjoy that kind of thing.
I wouldn't say the pier is all that romantic, but definitely hit up the beach for a walk. The summer hotel crowd should be gone by then. As far as dining, there are plenty of restaurants all over the beach area and they cover the whole food spectrum. The Blind Rabbit is pretty good and so is Ocean 60.

My Jax Beach trifecta..  

TacoLu for early meal. Green Room Brewery for beer flights. Then Blind Rabbit for late meal and drinks.

Check out this place. Has a nice little rooftop bar that overlooks the ocean. Offers dining as well.

http://casamarinahotel.com/

Quote:Check out this place. Has a nice little rooftop bar that overlooks the ocean. Offers dining as well.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://casamarinahotel.com/'>http://casamarinahotel.com/</a>

I did the outdoor lighting for the Casa like 15 years ago. Still look great. Owner was so happy that he gave me a huge discount there for me and my ex wife when we got married on the beach in front of the place.
I would also suggest checking out the Beaches Towncenter at the border of Atlantic and Neptune Beach. It is a quieter part of the beaches, relative to the Jax Beach Pier. Take your SO to eat at Flying Iguana, and then get some drinks at Lemon Bar afterwards, and then run into Blake Bortles there

Quote:Check out this place. Has a nice little rooftop bar that overlooks the ocean. Offers dining as well.

http://casamarinahotel.com/

The roof deck here is a good romantic option ^ for sunset drinks. Near the pier as well. 

Check out "Flask and Cannon" for another cocktail option. They do the trendy mixology and prohibition era cocktail thing. It's very near the pier also. 

Blind Rabbit is a good later option as mentioned -

-  but if you want to spend a bit more on a nicer white table-cloth meal, try Eleven South. It's a 4 or 5 minute drive (or 20 minute walk) south from the Jacksonville Beach Pier. (1.2 miles) 

You'll spend 20-25 pounds per entree, but I've been several times and it's always been great. 
Quote:I did the outdoor lighting for the Casa like 15 years ago. Still look great. Owner was so happy that he gave me a huge discount there for me and my ex wife when we got married on the beach in front of the place.
Yeah, it's really nice. because it's a short bike ride  I am there on many of evening enjoying cocktails on the rooftop. Lots of history in that  building.
Look up best restaurants in Jacksonville beach and usually trip advisor or yelp will be able to point you in the right direction. It'll include the menu and prices so you'll know what to expect. And see what kind of fare is served based on what you guys like. Since it's a surprise, it'll be a good test for you to know what she likes and doesnt. So picking the right place is crucial. No pressure!
Quote:Yeah, it's really nice. because it's a short bike ride I am there on many of evening enjoying cocktails on the rooftop. Lots of history in that building.

Thanks. Only once I had to go out there for a service call for a transformer fix. Some of my best work Wink
There's a nice place called McDonald's.
Quote:There's a nice place called McDonald's.

You're one of them older people that go there every other day for a fish sammich and a Sanka aren't ya?
Quote:The roof deck here is a good romantic option ^ for sunset drinks. Near the pier as well.

Check out "Flask and Cannon" for another cocktail option. They do the trendy mixology and prohibition era cocktail thing. It's very near the pier also.

Blind Rabbit is a good later option as mentioned -

- but if you want to spend a bit more on a nicer white table-cloth meal, try Eleven South. It's a 4 or 5 minute drive (or 20 minute walk) south from the Jacksonville Beach Pier. (1.2 miles)

You'll spend 20-25 pounds per entree, but I've been several times and it's always been great.

Agree about Eleven South. Great food.
Quote:You're one of them older people that go there every other day for a fish sammich and a Sanka aren't ya?

Hell no. Regular hamburger and a small water.
Quote:You're one of them older people that go there every other day for a fish sammich and a Sanka aren't ya?
Bonus points for a Sanka reference! :thumbsup:
Pages: 1 2