Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Syrian Refugee Surge Center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a really bad thing in my opinion.  While I understand the "fluff" piece by CBS News, it's pretty hard to trust them.  In the case of a family fleeing conflict and looking for a better life, I can certainly see allowing them to immigrate.  However, I don't trust the vetting process.  He as well as his family members should be immediately placed on some kind of watch list.

It would be nice to figure out a way to make sure they don't get their hands on high powered weapons that can handle large magazines of ammunition...

If only there was a way... Lol
Quote:It would be nice to figure out a way to make sure they don't get their hands on high powered weapons that can handle large magazines of ammunition...

If only there was a way... Lol
Paris has a plan for that, more updates later. 

Quote:This is a really bad thing in my opinion.  While I understand the "fluff" piece by CBS News, it's pretty hard to trust them.  In the case of a family fleeing conflict and looking for a better life, I can certainly see allowing them to immigrate.  However, I don't trust the vetting process.  He as well as his family members should be immediately placed on some kind of watch list.

3 months is insane.
Quote:3 months is insane.

Agreed.

There's no way to properly vet these people.  If we want to help them, fine, put an aid package together and send it to them.  Create refugee camps over there and help them there.  Bringing them here is simply inviting the wolf into the hen house.  There was another report that came out this week indicating ISIS was training people who would infiltrate the refugee population.  I don't understand the desperate desire to rush these immigrants into our system.  If you listen to what they're telling us in England and Sweden and other European nations where Muslims have come in, leached their welfare systems, and refused to assimilate, they're warning us that only bad things result from this endeavor.  It's a suicide path. 

One terrorist killed or wounded 100 people this week.  Imagine what a few hundred, or even thousands of like-minded radicals could do once they're in the United States, and free to go wherever they please. 

Quote:Paris has a plan for that, more updates later. 

Childish
Quote: 

One terrorist killed or wounded 100 people this week.  Imagine what a few hundred, or even thousands of like-minded radicals could do once they're in the United States, and free to go wherever they please. 

I think you might have missed the memo, but the guy was born in the USA...  Thank goodness he could buy body armor and a nice weapon for quick kills with a huge ammo clip for the most amount of death in a short period of time.  
He was born to Afghan refugees and did not view this as "his country" based on the plain text of his bayat.
Quote:He was born to Afghan refugees and did not view this as "his country" based on the plain text of his bayat.

Still doesn't change the fact he was born here, nor was he a Syrian refugee.
I never said he was a Syrian refugee. The point being made is that one generation removed from the Afghan refugee program we have a club full of dead kids. Insurgent fighters infiltrated the Iraqi refugee program. That was before iris. And that was with the conventional 18 to 24 months of vetting.

The head of the CIA testified this week that isid is actively trying to infiltrate refugee flows and the administration cut back the vet time from 18 to 24 months to 90 days.

The world has gone stark raving mad!
La Cosa Nostra... all those Italians should have never been let into this country...
Quote:La Cosa Nostra... all those Italians should have never been let into this country...

These guys, who let them in?!?!?

[Image: 600px-Flag_of_the_American_Indian_Movement.svg.png]
Quote:I think you might have missed the memo, but the guy was born in the USA...  Thank goodness he could buy body armor and a nice weapon for quick kills with a huge ammo clip for the most amount of death in a short period of time.  
Where this guy originated from is irrelevant to my point.  He was radicalized here.  But, you're inviting radicals into this country under the guise of being "refugees" as part of a larger population of migrants, you're opening the door to more of these types of attacks.  Where they were born is irrelevant.  They're radicals.  We're letting them in through the front door.

I know you want to defend your president on this, but ISIS has already indicated they will be exporting radicals among those "refugees", and once they're inside the borders of the United States, there's NOTHING to stop them from going wherever they please to do whatever they've been trained to do.

Keep spouting the talking points.  Tell us about that huge ammo clip he was using.  You're only exposing your ignorance here. 

Quote:Where this guy originated from is irrelevant to my point.  He was radicalized here.  But, you're inviting radicals into this country under the guise of being "refugees" as part of a larger population of migrants, you're opening the door to more of these types of attacks.  Where they were born is irrelevant.  They're radicals.  We're letting them in through the front door.

I know you want to defend your president on this, but ISIS has already indicated they will be exporting radicals among those "refugees", and once they're inside the borders of the United States, there's NOTHING to stop them from going wherever they please to do whatever they've been trained to do.

Keep spouting the talking points.  Tell us about that huge ammo clip he was using.  You're only exposing your ignorance here. 
As I read it,you are saying that it is a subset of the immigrants that may have already been radicalized, and are a risk.  I  imagine you would agree that there have been cases of suburban Americans from much less 'radical' backgrounds wanting to go jihadi joe. I am pretty sure it wouldn't be incredibly difficult for ISIS to put out a press release saying we are going to start sneak folks in from everywhere. Seems to me there is some risk involving anyone immigrating to this country. Are you advocating a complete ban on immigration? I don't think so, but you did say in a prior post that proper vetting was impossible. So if proper vetting is impossible, how can any immigration by anyone occur? Or in post 7 were you talking specifically about vetting for 3 months versus another unspecified form of vetting? 
I think its self evident that some populations are at greater risk than others to be radicalized.
Quote:I think its self evident that some populations are at greater risk than others to be radicalized.
I imagine that technically that is true whenever you have a 'risk' of at least one and a 'population' of more than one. I mean technically, any 'population' with subsets will have greater risk, even if purely randomly generated. Not sure what the value of that is here, though, and I imagine that the same thinking also led to Executive Order 9066, jj. 
You have people that cannot be positively identified from a part of the world saturated with violence and extremism. So much so that the head of the FBI, CIA and other intelligence agencies testifying under oath that we don't have credible databases to vet these people against and the enemy will infiltrate the flow. We've already seen it in Europe. We've already seen it in the k1 visa program. We've already seen insurgents make it through the Iraqi refugee program (that had to be paused for 6 months.) humanitarian goals can be met by helping people in their country of origin. Given the tangible security risk its pretty hard to make an affirmative argument to bring people in from that part of the country, let alone on a fast tracked 3 month time table.
And we are discussing a pause in the flow from other countries not putting our own citizens in internment camps.
Pages: 1 2