Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offseason Roster Moves 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I imagine we'll be seeing enough moves between now and September that it warrants a thread. 

Today's news:

Quote: 

Mike DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer 
<p style="font-family:BentonSans, '-apple-system', Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(102,102,102);">The Jaguars have signed P Ryan Quigley and WR Shane Wynn. They waived S Craig Loston, CB Rashaad Reynolds, and DE Quanterrus Smith.

DLine cuts will be tough. I'm assuming Alualu will be cut, but I feel like they should look to trade him to a team like the Cowboys who need guys up front.
I had to look up Shane Wynn. He is listed on NFL.com as 5'6 167 pounds. He has to be one of the smallest players in the league.

Quote:I had to look up Shane Wynn. He is listed on NFL.com as 5'6 167 pounds. He has to be one of the smallest players in the league.

It's not the size that matters...
Sucks for those guys to get cut, but it means we're better at DB than we've been in a while.

It also means #20 has opened up.  If Sample won't give up #23, would Ramsey be happy with 20, or perhaps he could convince Amukumara to give up 21 so he could have it?
Quote:I had to look up Shane Wynn. He is listed on NFL.com as 5'6 167 pounds. He has to be one of the smallest players in the league.

I had to look him up too. Looks like he could provide some competition in the returns department and is probably one of the fastest players on the current roster with a 4.29 40.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/30/shane-wynn-shows-off-speed-at-pro-day/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/30/shane-wynn-shows-off-speed-at-pro-day/</a>
Quote:Sucks for those guys to get cut, but it means we're better at DB than we've been in a while.

It also means #20 has opened up. If Sample won't give up #23, would Ramsey be happy with 20, or perhaps he could convince Amukumara to give up 21 so he could have it?
#20 would look good on Ramsey, #38 is just awful
Quote:Sucks for those guys to get cut, but it means we're better at DB than we've been in a while.

It also means #20 has opened up. If Sample won't give up #23, would Ramsey be happy with 20, or perhaps he could convince Amukumara to give up 21 so he could have it?

No rush. I'm sure there will be plenty of numbers that open up once final cuts are complete.

Ramsey's number isn't that bad when compared to Sheldon Day's number though....

Good point about #20, I could see Ramsey jumping on it quickly.
So it has begun!

Classy move to allow those guys to find good opportunities at other training camps.  They could definitely battle with the other fringe guys here, but they could emerge in a new role elsewhere. 

Quote: 

The Jaguars have signed P Ryan Quigley and WR Shane Wynn. They waived S Craig Loston, CB Rashaad Reynolds, and DE Quanterrus Smith.

Noooooo!!!!!!  Not Quanterrus!!!
I'm surprised about that, I heard good things about Smith. Loston seems to have been around forever too...

Quote:Good point about #20, I could see Ramsey jumping on it quickly.
Amukamara had #20 in NY so maybe he'll switch up and Ramsey will take 21.

Oh offseason, look what you're reducing us to...
Quote:Amukamara had #20 in NY so maybe he'll switch up and Ramsey will take 21.

Oh offseason, look what you're reducing us to...

The next 6 weeks will be hell. We will begging for news like number switches.
Quote:The next 6 weeks will be hell. We will begging for news like number switches.

39 days! Gus expects us to come back ready to roll. I'll be prepping.
I believe Prince will go back to his #20 and Ramsey can snag #21 (Deion)

Quote:39 days! Gus expects us to come back ready to roll. I'll be prepping.

39 days sounds better than 5 weeks and 2 days.
Quote:I believe Prince will go back to his #20 and Ramsey can snag #21 (Deion)
This is what I was thinking.
Quote:39 days sounds better than 5 weeks and 2 days.

No... I think I'll take the five weeks and two days one. But that's just me.
Pages: 1 2