Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So...Aaron Colvin is a name I've heard a lot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This guy seems to have it all coming together. I heard his name many times today. Even talking to casual fans on the streets.

How Would this NOT be considered his 3rd year?
How would it not be?
Well he played the last 2 so....
I didn't get the chance to go to the mini but I heard he was looking real good out there.
Umm, what?

Running out of topic starters?

Someone had too much sun today....
It stands to reason that Colvin will be our nickel (and a very good one) when he comes back from the 4 game suspension. 

Of course - he'll have to beat someone to get back on the field - and that someone will probably be Amukamara. Of course - this isn't really news is it? 

I just don't see how House is better than Amukamara other than the fact he is able to stay (marginally) healthier. If Amukamara could stay on the field he would definitely be in the top 3 of our CB rotation. Good problem to have though.

As for Colvin, I hope he lives up to the hype he's getting this offseason. Having Colvin take a step forward with Ramsey in the fold now would be huge.

Quote:Umm, what?

Running out of topic starters?

Yes. But I was hoping someone could offer their view on him in mini camp today bc I heard his name pop up in a few discussions I had about Jaguar football. And on these boards.
Quote:I just don't see how House is better than Amukamara other than the fact he is able to stay (marginally) healthier. If Amukamara could stay on the field he would definitely be in the top 3 of our CB rotation. Good problem to have though.

As for Colvin, I hope he lives up to the hype he's getting this offseason. Having Colvin take a step forward with Ramsey in the fold now would be huge.
You will probably have House/Prince as your starters day 1 with Colvin in the slot. I think we do have some depth at CB now which is nice. 
Quote:You will probably have House/Prince as your starters day 1 with Colvin in the slot. I think we do have some depth at CB now which is nice.

Ramsey will probably get one of those positions don't you think?
Quote:Ramsey will probably get one of those positions don't you think?

I would imagine so.

House/Ramsey on the outside

Prince nickel

Colvin probably taking Prince's spot after week 4.
I think our Week 1 secondary will have House in the slot, with Prince/Ramsey on the outside.
Quote:You will probably have House/Prince as your starters day 1 with Colvin in the slot. I think we do have some depth at CB now which is nice. 
I doubt you'll see Colvin in the slot until week 5 at the earliest.

My best guess...

House and Ramsey outside starting.

Ramsey sliding inside with Prince outside in nickel.

At least week one.

When Colvin returns I could see the secondary have a lot of different looks, much like the D-Line.

Depending on how the opposing offense lines up I could see Ramsey and Gipson at S, Prince and House outside and Colvin in the slot, in certain passing situations.

I love the depth and experience we now have in the secondary.

Has prince ever played extensively at nickel?
Quote:Has prince ever played extensively at nickel?
I don't think Prince has ever played extensively

Point taken. I think if he can't out right take a spot outside he could be cut before the regular season.
Quote:Point taken. I think if he can't out right take a spot outside he could be cut before the regular season.
I doubt they'd cut him in that situation.  He's affordable, experienced depth. 
Quote:Point taken. I think if he can't out right take a spot outside he could be cut before the regular season.
Nah...

House, Colvin (who won't count toward roster at the beginning of the season, Ramsey, Prince are all locks

Prince/Colvin at nickel/dime is a lot better than a lot of other rosters
Quote:I doubt they'd cut him in that situation.  He's affordable, experienced depth. 

Especially considering the alternatives behind him...... *cough* Gratz *cough*
Pages: 1 2