Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offense or Defense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With all the new acquisition this year on offense and defense, it got me thinking which side of the ball i look forward to seeing the most?

My personal opinion is Defense, because i wanna see Jackson,Fowler,Gipson, Ramsey and Jack..But i have a feeling that offense will be exciting to watch too.. And I believe Ivory will open a lot of eyes around here and surprise some folks...

What side of the ball yall interested in seeing the most?
Interested in? Probably Defense just because it's all new and we have such exciting players in Fowler/Ramsey/Jack plus Gipson.

Offense I can't wait to see the growth, but we've already seen the potential there. I want to see this defense rise.

Quote:With all the new acquisition this year on offense and defense, it got me thinking which side of the ball i look forward to seeing the most?

My personal opinion is Defense, because i wanna see Jackson,Fowler,Gipson, Ramsey and Jack..But i have a feeling that offense will be exciting to watch too.. And I believe Ivory will open a lot of eyes around here and surprise some folks...

What side of the ball yall interested in seeing the most?
I, too, am most interested in seeing the defense.

I think the biggest infusion of talent, both through free agency and the draft, clearly was on the defensive side of the ball.  We added, by my count, no fewer than 5 starters (Fowler, Ramsey, Jack, M. Jackson, T. Gipson) and at least another 3 contributors  (Day, Amukumara, Ngakoue) to a defense that sorely needed it.  Watching these guys develop as players and as a defensive squad will be interesting.  Besides, I don't think we've had a CB with the athletic ability as Ramsey, nor do I think we've had a LB with the athleticism as Jack, and we haven't had a DE with the athleticism as Fowler since Tony Brackens at minimum).  Seeing that kind of athletic ability on each level of the defense would be good for a change.

That said, I think the development of the offense will be interesting, too.  Seeing all of the guys mature another year, having played in the same offense for a full year, I'm eager to see how these guys will play when the offense and the reads are second nature and the players are more confident.  I think the offense can take things to another level, especially of Lee can develop into that deep receiver, and Thomas can stay healthy throughout the year.
Quote:I, too, am most interested in seeing the defense.

I think the biggest infusion of talent, both through free agency and the draft, clearly was on the defensive side of the ball.  We added, by my count, no fewer than 5 starters (Fowler, Ramsey, Jack, M. Jackson, T. Gipson) and at least another 3 contributors  (Day, Amukumara, Ngakoue) to a defense that sorely needed it.  Watching these guys develop as players and as a defensive squad will be interesting.  Besides, I don't think we've had a CB with the athletic ability as Ramsey, nor do I think we've had a LB with the athleticism as Jack, and we haven't had a DE with the athleticism as Fowler since Tony Brackens at minimum).  Seeing that kind of athletic ability on each level of the defense would be good for a change.

That said, I think the development of the offense will be interesting, too.  Seeing all of the guys mature another year, having played in the same offense for a full year, I'm eager to see how these guys will play when the offense and the reads are second nature and the players are more confident.  I think the offense can take things to another level, especially of Lee can develop into that deep receiver, and Thomas can stay healthy throughout the year.

Lee might be the individual player I'm looking forward to seeing the most. Next to Gipson/Jack.
The Defense because it has more new toys.

Im looking forward to seeing this defense be great

Going into the offseason the Defense had a lot of questions and there wasn't much to look forward to other than Fowler and Marks coming back from injuries and maybe Telvin Smith.  Now with Jackson, Jack, Akumura, Gipson, Ramsey, etc.  I think they have answered all the questions.  Now I am focusing on the offense and especially the short yardage offense.  The line has questions, after Julius Thomas there is much for a short yardage receiver and their best receiver out of the back field is DRob, who can't run. 

Quote:Going into the offseason the Defense had a lot of questions and there wasn't much to look forward to other than Fowler and Marks coming back from injuries and maybe Telvin Smith.  Now with Jackson, Jack, Akumura, Gipson, Ramsey, etc.  I think they have answered all the questions.  Now I am focusing on the offense and especially the short yardage offense.  The line has questions, after Julius Thomas there is much for a short yardage receiver and their best receiver out of the back field is DRob, who can't run. 

Yeldon has some pretty good hands.

Walters is a good short yardage receiver. As is Hurns.

DRob can run fine, he can't hold onto the ball.
Quote:.... and their best receiver out of the back field is DRob, who can't run.

Say what? Robinson is a horrible receiver.
Quote:Say what? Robinson is a horrible receiver.

Ace sanders could probably do DRobs job better than DRob. Stupid Mary Jane.
Quote:I, too, am most interested in seeing the defense.

I think the biggest infusion of talent, both through free agency and the draft, clearly was on the defensive side of the ball. We added, by my count, no fewer than 5 starters (Fowler, Ramsey, Jack, M. Jackson, T. Gipson) and at least another 3 contributors (Day, Amukumara, Ngakoue) to a defense that sorely needed it. Watching these guys develop as players and as a defensive squad will be interesting. Besides, I don't think we've had a CB with the athletic ability as Ramsey, nor do I think we've had a LB with the athleticism as Jack, and we haven't had a DE with the athleticism as Fowler since Tony Brackens at minimum). Seeing that kind of athletic ability on each level of the defense would be good for a change.

That said, I think the development of the offense will be interesting, too. Seeing all of the guys mature another year, having played in the same offense for a full year, I'm eager to see how these guys will play when the offense and the reads are second nature and the players are more confident. I think the offense can take things to another level, especially of Lee can develop into that deep receiver, and Thomas can stay healthy throughout the year.

Which u think will be better?
I'm excited to see both  -  but I have a fair amount of confidence in the offense's ability to go out and play winning football in several games. 

Whether the defense can play well enough to do so is still a huge question mark.  So I'm looking forward most to seeing the defense.  There's is more riding on their improvement. 

I do believe they will be a winning defense (well - capable of getting the team to .500 anyway) , but I don't know that they will have all of the cylinders firing early in the season. It may take 5 or 6 games for them to really gel and find the best ways to utilize the new talent. 

I'm as well more anxious to get a look at this new defense, however, until I'm convinced they've truly come together and mastered this scheme, I have to think the offense will still be relied on to carry the team at times.

Quote:Ace sanders could probably do DRobs job better than DRob. Stupid Mary Jane.

I don't know about that, but I'd wager that Corey Grant could.

Quote:I don't know about that, but I'd wager that Corey Grant could.

Why don't you just get it over already and marry him?.

After watching this team struggle to get to midfield under the Gabbert era, I'd be remiss to say I wasn't finally ready to have watch the Greatest Show on Grass

Quote:I don't know about that, but I'd wager that Corey Grant could.

What do you see in Grant besides speed?
A potent offense is the most exciting thing to watch in football.

It will be fun to watch the defense improve, but I much rather see the offense take the next step.

Quote:What do you see in Grant besides speed?

Speed kills brah.... apparently.
For me it's honestly a split tie between the offensive lineman and defensive lineman. It all starts up front for me. If the front four can't get after the QB this year. We're going to be in trouble. If our lineman on offense can't keep the wolves at the door or create more generous running lanes we're going to be in trouble.

Pages: 1 2