Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Warcraft movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone seen it yet? Still deciding if I should go. I'm curious if it will be a fun one or end up like all the other video game to movie bombs. Big sci-fi/medieval fan
I've heard from a couple old-school WoW geeks who loved it. I heard a few minutes ago from a friend who said that he preferred last year's take on the Fantastic Four to Warcraft. I think the breakdown will end up along those lines: current and former WoW players who will recognize the names and places and get the in-jokes will like it, everyone else will wonder what they just wasted two and a half hours of their life on.

Never messed with WoW. Loved the movie.
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD but I do want to see it. I also have never had anything to do with WoW. Just looks like an interesting movie.

For what it was, it was pretty decent. If you are at all familiar with Warcraft (not just WoW, although that certainly will help some), go check it out.

Why is it getting rated so badly by critics? I haven't read to much into their comments, but I always appreciated the Warcraft lore going back to my younger days playing Warcraft 2. The CGI looks good, is it just boring or incoherent?

Quote:Why is it getting rated so badly by critics? I haven't read to much into their comments, but I always appreciated the Warcraft lore going back to my younger days playing Warcraft 2. The CGI looks good, is it just boring or incoherent?

It was neither...it was just very predictable. I'm not sure what critics were expecting but luckily I tend to not pay them one lick of attention.
Never played WoW, more of a fan of the RTS warcraft games, I guess we won't get a starcraft movie Sad

I'll wait for it to come to Redbox so I can walk past it and say.. yeah.. there's no way I'm renting that.
I saw it Sunday. It was fun, graphics were good, story did get a bit confusing at times but I know it so that wasn't a big deal. I've played the game since vanilla Wow so I don't know how much a non-player would like it. I enjoyed seeing characters I've read about and encountered in-game portrayed on the big screen.

On a side note, I watch movies in theaters about once or twice a year, this was the first feature film I've watched in 3D. I'm not impressed, and don't see the point of paying extra.

Quote:I saw it Sunday. It was fun, graphics were good, story did get a bit confusing at times but I know it so that wasn't a big deal. I've played the game since vanilla Wow so I don't know how much a non-player would like it. I enjoyed seeing characters I've read about and encountered in-game portrayed on the big screen.

On a side note, I watch movies in theaters about once or twice a year, this was the first feature film I've watched in 3D. I'm not impressed, and don't see the point of paying extra.

3D usually gives me a headache about an 30-40 minutes into the movie. 
Quote:I saw it Sunday. It was fun, graphics were good, story did get a bit confusing at times but I know it so that wasn't a big deal. I've played the game since vanilla Wow so I don't know how much a non-player would like it. I enjoyed seeing characters I've read about and encountered in-game portrayed on the big screen.

I've tried 3D twice. Got a migraine less than halfway through both times and had to take the glasses off to finish the movie. Not ideal. I stick to 2D now, sometimes IMAX if I'm having one of those "I hate money" days.
Quote: 

The only good non-headache inducing 3D was Avatar. At least for me. We watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens in IMAX 3D and I needed some tylenol about 1/4 of the way in. IMAX would have been enough for me.