Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump takes aim at conservatives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So now the freedom caucus is the enemy since they wouldn't push through his horrible ACA.2.0 bill.

Trump is exactaly as I feared a big government Republican through and through. He doesn't think government is to big he thinks it to inefficient and with the right people he can make it better.

Trump wants to fight true conservatism fine it'll be his undoing.
Quote:So now the freedom caucus is the enemy since they wouldn't push through his horrible ACA.2.0 bill.

Trump is exactaly as I feared a big government Republican through and through. He doesn't think government is to big he thinks it to inefficient and with the right people he can make it better.

Trump wants to fight true conservatism fine it'll be his undoing.

I don't think anyone mistook Donald Trump for a rock ribbed conservative.  He's not an ideologue.  He's a pragmatist who is about getting a deal done, and nothing more.  So, it's not surprising that he'll lash out at anyone who opposes the deal, whether they're on the left or the right.  It's what he does.  This is not a guy who lives life as a real conservative.  He just knows the words.

The interesting thing here is that while he went after the conservatives yesterday, they came back today with some concessions that, if Trump / Ryan agree with them on, would actually get a deal done.

Make the deal.
Screw that if the deal is more central ran healthcare more government subsidies for health care more of the same I oppose it. I applaud the freedom caucus for standing against the Republican form of another ACA. It didn't work when the democrats pass it and won't work if republicans pass it.
You have to be able to walk away from the table.

A bad deal is worse than no deal.

Make no mistake, there are obstacles on both sides of the aisle.  Most, if not all of those, are the career politicians.

Quote:I don't think anyone mistook Donald Trump for a rock ribbed conservative.  He's not an ideologue.  He's a pragmatist who is about getting a deal done, and nothing more.  So, it's not surprising that he'll lash out at anyone who opposes the deal, whether they're on the left or the right.  It's what he does.  This is not a guy who lives life as a real conservative.  He just knows the words.

The interesting thing here is that while he went after the conservatives yesterday, they came back today with some concessions that, if Trump / Ryan agree with them on, would actually get a deal done.

Actually, I bet a large portion of his base thought so with regards to the bolded portion.

Whatever he said, they believed.

Like making Mexico pay for the wall or locking the Hilldog up.
Wow so it's basically 85% Obamacare?

How does that help?
Quote:You have to be able to walk away from the table.

Make no mistake, there are obstacles on both sides of the aisle.  Most, if not all of those, are the career politicians.

Yes. Repeal and Retreat.

How can anyone defend this? 7 years of belly aching about the ACA. What do they do? Fight amongst themselves. Then point fingers.

Their moniker of party of no certainly fits. They weren't prepared. Tried to hurry it up. Get threatened on signing it.

So? The bill wasn't good enough. Who is at fault? Yoho, DeSantis and the Tea Party...freedom caucus for voting against it? Or Trump, Bannon and Ryan?

Clearly the ball was dropped.
Quote:You have to be able to walk away from the table.

For this, I applaud the Freedom Caucus because the deal that was being offered really didn't dismantle anything.  It was a bad deal from the start, but the professional politicians figured they could get it passed and call it a win for everyone since they can then claim they started the process of dismantling ObamaCare, even though anyone with half a brain knows what a load of malarkey that claim would be.

Quote:Actually, I bet a large portion of his base thought so with regards to the bolded portion.

Whatever he said, they believed.

Like making Mexico pay for the wall or locking the Hilldog up.

I disagree.  Ideological conservatives, and not RINOS in congress or the media, never considered Trump a conservative in the same ilk as a Reagan.  Even Trumps hard-core base didn't believe that.  The reason for those who most loyally support him is because the people were tired of hearing professional politicians make the same old tired promises and then under-deliver or not deliver at all, usually making the same excuses that "If we only had both houses of congress AND the White House" or "We need a super majority to make this work".  Every time the voters delivered the professional politicians what they wanted, they had a new excuse.  We're seeing it now with the ObamaCare repeal.  Now they're hiding behind budget reconciliation because they don't have 60 votes to do the repeal, so they have to play these piecemeal games because some parliamentarian says so.

From a conservative's perspective, I don't think anyone really expected them to lock up Hillary aside from his most loyal supporters.  While it would be nice to think so, I think most recognized that if he actually won the election, he'd have far bigger issues to deal with trying to jump start the economy and deal with immigration and a crumbling military that the whole Hillary thing would simply fade away.  Personally, I still think that's the case, although I do think the Trump administration needs to dig into the shenanigans pulled by Obama and his crew in their waning days, and if there's illegality there, they need to pursue it.   We know they unmasked data and leaked it, which is absolutely illegal.  They also clearly leaked data to the Clinton campaign, and potentially put a political opponent under surveillance.  All illegal.  That is one scandal that truly needs to be fully investigated.  Had a republican done this to an incoming democrat administration, the howls for prosecution would be almost as deafening as the whines from the left we hear daily because they can't accept election results from months ago.

Quote:Yes. Repeal and Retreat.

How can anyone defend this? 7 years of belly aching about the ACA. What do they do? Fight amongst themselves. Then point fingers.

Their moniker of party of no certainly fits. They weren't prepared. Tried to hurry it up. Get threatened on signing it.

So? The bill wasn't good enough. Who is at fault? Yoho, DeSantis and the Tea Party...freedom caucus for voting against it? Or Trump, Bannon and Ryan?

The "leadership" in both houses for the GOP are as inept as it comes.  They're more about preserving their own power than they are about doing what they were sent there to accomplish.  They're almost as good at making excuses as the democrats.

Quote:Screw that if the deal is more central ran healthcare more government subsidies for health care more of the same I oppose it. I applaud the freedom caucus for standing against the Republican form of another ACA. It didn't work when the democrats pass it and won't work if republicans pass it.

Based on the convoluted way they're saying they have to dismantle this entitlement program, this piecemeal approach is considered better than nothing by the same people who submitted 7 bills during the Obama administration repealing ObamaCare all together.  Apparently it wasn't a big deal to go whole hog when they didn't have the White House, but now that they've got the whole shooting match, they're getting cold feet.  I think the Freedom Caucus actually recognized this an that's why they pushed back to begin with.  But, what they're offering as a compromise only works if Tom Price does his part and dismantles the rest using his position.  And that still doesn't completely get rid of this albatross completely because the republicans are terrified to pull the trigger on repealing the more popular aspects of the ACA, including the preexisting conditions clause and the one allowing dependents to stay on their parent's plans until they're 26.

Trump should be calling Rand Paul into the Oval Office for a one on one to discuss his plan.  It's arguably the smartest one floating around out there.
⬆️

One of the 10 people left who still believes the unmasking and leak story.
Quote:⬆️

One of the 10 people left who still believes the unmasking and leak story.
^^^^^^^^

One of the 10 people left who still ignore the fact that the data was unmasked and leaked, otherwise it never would have made it into the NY Times and other media publications with the names included. 

Facts don't lie, but in your unicorn and gumdrop world where rainbows are made of candy and there's a hug for everyone, they need to be ignored.
Quote:^^^^^^^^

One of the 10 people left who still ignore the fact that the data was unmasked and leaked, otherwise it never would have made it into the NY Times and other media publications with the names included.

Facts don't lie, but in your unicorn and gumdrop world where rainbows are made of candy and there's a hug for everyone, they need to be ignored.

They already found out that Nunes got his info from the Trump administration at the White House.

The Senate intelligence committee has even cleared Barack Obama.
Quote:Yes. Repeal and Retreat.

That's where you have to step back and take another look at what's going on.

The house has voted to repeal or amend it more than 50 times.  One was vetoed by 0bama.

There's certainly a mess of a disagreement on how to do it.  But, we can't lose sight of the fact the disaster was created by Democrats and Democrats alone.

It's a cancer not so easily removed without threatening the health of the patient, who is likely to die anyway if nothing is done.

So either way, the blood is on the hands of those who put it in place, not those wanting to truly fix it.
Quote:They already found out that Nunes got his info from the Trump administration at the White House.

The Senate intelligence committee has even cleared Barack Obama.
That's completely irrelevant where Nunes got the info.  I know you need to cling to that like it's some sort of scandal, but it's not.  You act like that's the entire story, and it's not.  That information was LEAKED by the OBAMA administration back in November.  Trump had nothing to do with the leaking of unmasked data.  What they gave to Nunes, which was perfectly legal for them to to do, was the evidence that there was surveillance being done.  I find it absolutely amazing that you liberals just can't seem to grasp what the issue is here, or you simply refuse to do so because "RUSSIA!  TAXES!"  Facing the facts, and admitting your messiah's administration did something illegal for political gain would go against your core beliefs.  I understand. 

Once again, "cleared Barack Obama" is a highly subjective thing to say.  Nobody is saying Barack Obama went to Trump Tower and bugged the place except for liberal loons who need to interpret every single syllable of Trump's tweets as literally as possible.  Someone in the Obama administration submitted TWO FISA requests to run surveillance against the Trump campaign.  The first was rejected.  The second was approved.  That's a fact.  You can't deny it, so you must ignore it.  So, we know the administration was monitoring communications. 

We know that nothing that is ordered by the administration would be done without at least the knowledge of the chief executive, so we know that Obama was most likely aware of the FISA requests, AND the intended targets, AND the results of those efforts.  Again, fact.  Feel free to ignore it since it doesn't satisfy your lack of curiosity.

We know that the content of this surveillance was leaked by the Obama administration, and that this data was unmasked prior to doing so.  Otherwise, the NY Times wouldn't have known it was Flynn who was in contact with the Russian Ambassador for LEGITIMATE purposes as the incoming National Security Advisor.  If that bit of surveillance was swept up incidentally as they monitored the communications of the Russian Ambassador as they claimed, it was still illegal to unmask the content of the participants in the call.  Another fact you'll need to ignore for sure.

We know that Obama issued an order expanding the list of federal officials who would have access to surveillance transcripts and other sensitive intelligence.  That expansion was ordered right before the first wave of leaks came out about Flynn's conversation with the Russian Ambassador.  Convenient timing that you'll need to ignore for the sake of keeping your head firmly planted in that orifice of yours.

Fixate on Nunes getting proof that the Trump campaign was under surveillance.  That's perfectly legal, but it sure sounds more nefarious than an administration spying on a political adversary, doesn't it?
Quote:That's where you have to step back and take another look at what's going on.

The house has voted to repeal or amend it more than 50 times.  One was vetoed by 0bama.

There's certainly a mess of a disagreement on how to do it.  But, we can't lose sight of the fact the disaster was created by Democrats and Democrats alone.

It's a cancer not so easily removed without threatening the health of the patient, who is likely to die anyway if nothing is done.

So either way, the blood is on the hands of those who put it in place, not those wanting to truly fix it.
Ringo most likely gets his information from MSNBC and CNN, so as far as he's concerned, the republicans are solely responsible for the mess ObamaCare has caused for this country, and he believes the only real solution to that issue is a bigger program paid for by the evil rich (defined as any household making more than $50k a year).

The problem with those trying to fix it right now is that the people in charge are only thinking incrementally, and almost in a microscopic way.  There are difficult decisions to be made, and someone has to show some level of leadership here.  We're not seeing it at the moment.

Quote:That's completely irrelevant where Nunes got the info. I know you need to cling to that like it's some sort of scandal, but it's not. You act like that's the entire story, and it's not. That information was LEAKED by the OBAMA administration back in November. Trump had nothing to do with the leaking of unmasked data. What they gave to Nunes, which was perfectly legal for them to to do, was the evidence that there was surveillance being done. I find it absolutely amazing that you liberals just can't seem to grasp what the issue is here, or you simply refuse to do so because "RUSSIA! TAXES!" Facing the facts, and admitting your messiah's administration did something illegal for political gain would go against your core beliefs. I understand.

Once again, "cleared Barack Obama" is a highly subjective thing to say. Nobody is saying Barack Obama went to Trump Tower and bugged the place except for liberal loons who need to interpret every single syllable of Trump's tweets as literally as possible. Someone in the Obama administration submitted TWO FISA requests to run surveillance against the Trump campaign. The first was rejected. The second was approved. That's a fact. You can't deny it, so you must ignore it. So, we know the administration was monitoring communications.

We know that nothing that is ordered by the administration would be done without at least the knowledge of the chief executive, so we know that Obama was most likely aware of the FISA requests, AND the intended targets, AND the results of those efforts. Again, fact. Feel free to ignore it since it doesn't satisfy your lack of curiosity.

We know that the content of this surveillance was leaked by the Obama administration, and that this data was unmasked prior to doing so. Otherwise, the NY Times wouldn't have known it was Flynn who was in contact with the Russian Ambassador for LEGITIMATE purposes as the incoming National Security Advisor. If that bit of surveillance was swept up incidentally as they monitored the communications of the Russian Ambassador as they claimed, it was still illegal to unmask the content of the participants in the call. Another fact you'll need to ignore for sure.

We know that Obama issued an order expanding the list of federal officials who would have access to surveillance transcripts and other sensitive intelligence. That expansion was ordered right before the first wave of leaks came out about Flynn's conversation with the Russian Ambassador. Convenient timing that you'll need to ignore for the sake of keeping your head firmly planted in that orifice of yours.

Fixate on Nunes getting proof that the Trump campaign was under surveillance. That's perfectly legal, but it sure sounds more nefarious than an administration spying on a political adversary, doesn't it?

I deal in facts not your conspiracy theory. Let me know when this supposed leaker in the Obama Administration is caught.

There are lifers in Government regardless of politics who easily could have leaked documents.

I will await the arrest and trial.
Quote:Ringo most likely gets his information from MSNBC and CNN, so as far as he's concerned, the republicans are solely responsible for the mess ObamaCare has caused for this country, and he believes the only real solution to that issue is a bigger program paid for by the evil rich (defined as any household making more than $50k a year).

The problem with those trying to fix it right now is that the people in charge are only thinking incrementally, and almost in a microscopic way.  There are difficult decisions to be made, and someone has to show some level of leadership here.  We're not seeing it at the moment.

Actually I was paraphrasing some of Shep Smiths comments on your go to channel.

I'll wait for...he's a lib comment.

The Republicans are solely responsible , as you say, for not going through with their 7-8 year promise....repeal and replace. Instead. Reverse and retreat. Whether the ACA is the end of this country as some think, the point is...you have the power now. Try getting outta your own way.

You are in excuse mode. The repeal failed..by implosion. The travel ban. The first time in history a VP has to break a confirmation. But I get it. i can go on and on. But as your doppelgänger Chris Christie would do, you stand by your man. Admirable.
Quote:Actually I was paraphrasing some of Shep Smiths comments on your go to channel.

I'll wait for...he's a lib comment.

The Republicans are solely responsible , as you say, for not going through with their 7-8 year promise....repeal and replace. Instead. Reverse and retreat. Whether the ACA is the end of this country as some think, the point is...you have the power now. Try getting outta your own way.

You are in excuse mode. The repeal failed..by implosion. The travel ban. The first time in history a VP has to break a confirmation. But I get it. i can go on and on. But as your doppelgänger Chris Christie would do, you stand by your man. Admirable.
Are you seriously trying to imply Shep Smith isn't a lib?

The mess created by ObamaCare has no republican fingerprints on it.  That's all on your beloved democrats.  11 weeks into a new administration they haven't repealed it yet.  I'm fairly certain that it will get repealed, and when it does, it will be hopefully done in the right way.  Nobody is reversing and retreating.  That's just what MSNBC is spoon feeding the willing lemmings such as yourself.  The negotiating has continued, and there will eventually be some sort of deal cut that starts the process of eliminating an entitlement program, which I know will just be absolutely devastating for you.

The repeal failed on first attempt.  That doesn't mean repeal won't happen, no matter how you and your buddies on the left try to spin it.  It is going to be repealed.  Your democrat buddies are doing the only thing they can, which is delay delay delay.  At the end of the day, your iconic masters like Chuck Schumer will fold like cheap tents once they run out of parliamentary tricks.  But there's always the bright side for you libs  You'll still have Nancy Pelosi giving you warm fuzzies when that happens, so don't worry.

Quote:I deal in facts not your conspiracy theory. Let me know when this supposed leaker in the Obama Administration is caught.

There are lifers in Government regardless of politics who easily could have leaked documents.

I will await the arrest and trial.

Did the Obama administration's Justice Department make two attempts to get FISA warrants authorizing them to do electronic surveillance on the Trump camp?  Yes or no?

Was information leaked that could have only been obtained through surveillance, and was that data unmasked to reveal the names of those involved?  Yes or no?

Is it illegal to leak the content of conversations obtained through surveillance after unmasking the content?  Yes or no?

It's pretty straight forward.  No conspiracy theories here.  Only some fantasy land notion that the facts above are anything but facts.  But, that's where you and your buddy libs reside full time since November 9th.  In some parallel universe where your gal is the queen of America, and you're giving her a salute every day.
Quote:Are you seriously trying to imply Shep Smith isn't a lib?

The mess created by ObamaCare has no republican fingerprints on it.  That's all on your beloved democrats.  11 weeks into a new administration they haven't repealed it yet.  I'm fairly certain that it will get repealed, and when it does, it will be hopefully done in the right way.  Nobody is reversing and retreating.  That's just what MSNBC is spoon feeding the willing lemmings such as yourself.  The negotiating has continued, and there will eventually be some sort of deal cut that starts the process of eliminating an entitlement program, which I know will just be absolutely devastating for you.

The repeal failed on first attempt.  That doesn't mean repeal won't happen, no matter how you and your buddies on the left try to spin it.  It is going to be repealed.  Your democrat buddies are doing the only thing they can, which is delay delay delay.  At the end of the day, your iconic masters like Chuck Schumer will fold like cheap tents once they run out of parliamentary tricks.  But there's always the bright side for you libs  You'll still have Nancy Pelosi giving you warm fuzzies when that happens, so don't worry.

Heard this stuff on Fox News. You assumed the other channels. In fact Krauthammer had some interesting takes. Keep diverting, flailing and making excuses for a guy that you emulate and can totally relate to.. Never wrong. Your way or highway. Little derogatory insults. Understandable

So far most of his first attempts have failed. I'm sure you've sent him a check to help for the wall, which wont be paid for by who he said. So far his bull piss meter is in over drive. He recently walked out of a presser forgetting to sign an executive order.

Don't take this as a gloat. Watching the first 100 plus days has been unsettling. This country has never been this divided. There are the extremists on both sides, but even moderates on both sides are concerned. Maybe Prez Bannon can settle things down. Kelly Anne isn't up to the challenge.
Quote:Heard this stuff on Fox News. You assumed the other channels. In fact Krauthammer had some interesting takes. Keep diverting, flailing and making excuses for a guy that you emulate and can totally relate to.. Never wrong. Your way or highway. Little derogatory insults. Understandable

So far most of his first attempts have failed. I'm sure you've sent him a check to help for the wall, which wont be paid for by who he said. So far his bull [BAD WORD REMOVED] meter is in over drive. He recently walked out of a presser forgetting to sign an executive order.

Don't take this as a gloat. Watching the first 100 plus days has been unsettling. This country has never been this divided. There are the extremists on both sides, but even moderates on both sides are concerned. Maybe Prez Bannon can settle things down. Kelly Anne isn't up to the challenge.

Amen

It's a disaster. What we feared is actually happening. A man with the temperament of a child is leader of the nation.

Told you so never felt so awful
Pages: 1 2