Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does anybody think Frangie does a good job as the Jaguars PBP voice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a thread on the Jags Reddit page about Frangie as PBP man. Not one person commenting on the thread had anything positive to say about him. 

Is there really anybody out there that thinks Frangie is the right man for that job? I do not listen to the game on the radio often. But when I hear him calling the game, it is brutal. It is cringeworthy bad. He doesn't have a great voice to begin with. And he has this fake sounding, high pitched excited voice whenever anything good happens. It's awful.

Most people assume Frangie was part of a package deal when 1010xl became their official station. If that is true, and the fans are stuck with this bozo, it is unfortunate.

I won't be surprised if he is replaced soon.
I think Sexton was bad, but is better than Frangie as a play-by-play guy.

Sexton as a personality on Jaguars.com is horrible, though.

Frangie is horrible. Sexton is ever so slightly less horrible.
Sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. No, he is not good. I actually liked Sexton but I am a minority on that.

Sexton is way better at his new job of "pretentious website guy constantly impressed by the sound of his own voice"

Fits him well.
Quote:Sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. No, he is not good. I actually liked Sexton but I am a minority on that.

I liked Sexton too, certainly better than Frangie.
I have met and spoke with Frangie at a couple different Jag functions. Helluva nice guy. Radio voice? Not so nice.

Could care less who does the pbp.. I don't listen anyway.
Quote:I liked Sexton too, certainly better than Frangie.

I never had a problem with Sexton. I never got the criticisms. There's way worse guys out there doing professional sports.
I like Frangie on regular 1010 show but as Jaguars voice he's awful. I enjoy Sexton on Jaguars.com. I never care for him as Jaguars voice but I kind of miss him now because Frangie is awful as voice. I'd be find with Lageman as voice.
I liked Sexton 100x more. I don't think he's the best, but the thing I always got from him is authenticity. When the Jags made a big play, the excitement is obvious in his voice. When the Jaguars lose, the disappointment is clear.

Frangie sounds fake.

It doesn't matter neither person bothers me. 

He makes me want to gouge out my eardrums with a screwdriver.

Hire John Madden

Quote:I won't be surprised if he is replaced soon.
I would be. 

He's awful.  But, he also negotiated that job as part of the contract the Jaguars signed with 7 Bridges Radio.  The Jags had an out after the first season and they didn't exercise the clause in the contract.  Not necessarily because of him, but because in general, 1010XL has done a much better job of providing an outlet for all things Jaguar related. 

The only way I see him being replaced is if another station takes over as the "official" radio broadcast flagship for the team.  It doesn't seem likely that's going to happen.
Quote:I liked Sexton 100x more. I don't think he's the best, but the thing I always got from him is authenticity. When the Jags made a big play, the excitement is obvious in his voice. When the Jaguars lose, the disappointment is clear.

Frangie sounds fake.

Because he's a Steelers fan at heart.
Frangie doing play by play makes me feel like....

[Image: tumblr_n02jizNsu91ssm62zo1_500.gif]

Quote:I never had a problem with Sexton. I never got the criticisms. There's way worse guys out there doing professional sports.
Agreed, but you had certain posters who were comparing him to what they were hearing in their local markets like Philly and NY.  Sexton was the voice of the Jaguars for nearly 20 years.  He kind of grew up as a broadcaster during that time, and got better with age.  I had a chance to speak with him after the switch was made, and he was somewhat disappointed that he wasn't in the booth any longer, but was really looking forward to going back to work for the team.  His current role has him working on all of the digital content on the site, and coordinating with the NFL Network on all of this material.  He's loving the new gig, but I think if asked, he'd jump back into the booth in a heartbeat.
Hire Gus Johnson!! 

Pages: 1 2