Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are we [BAD WORD REMOVED] in the desert wind?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but are we not supporting the Kurds in the mess in Syria?

Now these Kurds are using terror tactics in Turkey, recently blowing up a bus in Istanbul.

Do we never learn that these factions in that whole area have their own agendas, but will also cater to the highest bidder..

Maybe I'm naive, but just can't get it through my thick skull as to why we help those that keeping pissing in our face?

Maybe our politicians should look into spending our money to actually help Americans.

Now,of course, comes the debate...who will do that? Trump? Clinton?
It's not by accident. The people running this country are not stupid. They are well aware that weapons we give away will be used against us or other innocents.  That's the idea. Cause the problem, provide the solution, which is always more war.

Quote:Maybe I'm mistaken, but are we not supporting the Kurds in the mess in Syria?

Now these Kurds are using terror tactics in Turkey, recently blowing up a bus in Istanbul.

Do we never learn that these factions in that whole area have their own agendas, but will also cater to the highest bidder..

Maybe I'm naive, but just can't get it through my thick skull as to why we help those that keeping [BAD WORD REMOVED] in our face?

Maybe our politicians should look into spending our money to actually help Americans.

You say "these Kurds." Are you sure the Kurds who committed said terrorist attack are the same as the Kurds we are supporting?
The business of war is a highly profitable one.
Quote:You say "these Kurds." Are you sure the Kurds who committed said terrorist attack are the same as the Kurds we are supporting?

There are at least 5 major factions of Kurds. The common thread among them is a desire for a Kurdish state, but you cannot lump them together. The attacks in Turkey are likely done by the Marxist group PKK, who are at odds with most of the more secular, pro-west factions in Iraq and Syria. 2 other factions are at war with each other. One thing is certain, Kurds are vital in the war against ISIS.

Quote:There are at least 5 major factions of Kurds. The common thread among them is a desire for a Kurdish state, but you cannot lump them together. The attacks in Turkey are likely done by the Marxist group PKK, who are at odds with most of the more secular, pro-west factions in Iraq and Syria. 2 other factions are at war with each other. One thing is certain, Kurds are vital in the war against ISIS.
Clears it up...did not know there were 5 factions. I was under the impression we were arming them to fight ISIS, but another part was at odds with Turkey and blowing up buses. 

In the big picture, it looks bad. A group we support that also commits acts of terror...so I wonder...will the Kurds we support denounce what the other Kurds have done?
Quote:Maybe I'm mistaken, but are we not supporting the Kurds in the mess in Syria?

Maybe I'm naive, but just can't get it through my thick skull as to why we help those that keeping [BAD WORD REMOVED] in our face?

The way that wars and/or conflicts are "fought" today isn't the same as a few decades ago.  Yes there is some involvement with the military, but a larger portion of it happens in the "covert world".  What you see in the news is not really what is happening in real life.  Much of what happens is done from a keyboard or a cell phone including trading arms and/or intelligence.

As far as which of the leading candidates will change that, the answer is pretty much neither.  It's a totally different world that we live in right now.
Quote: Kurds are vital in the war against ISIS.

They are also vital in Poutine.
Quote:They are also vital in Poutine.

Little Miss Muffet was fond of them in her whey.
Quote:They are also vital in Poutine.

The French are involved? Quebecers? Man...this board is an info smorgasbord
Quote:The French are involved? Quebecers? Man...this board is an info smorgasbord

Funny how we rarely see violent conflict in that Separatist movement, no?
Quote:Funny how we rarely see violent conflict in that Separatist movement, no?
Well....

They ARE French...

Actually Quebec has some issues. Big mob influence in Montresl. Hells Angels/ Rock Machine wars.

The Separtist movement is all but dead now with Trudesu as PM.

They do have a great local beer...La Fin Du Monde.....righteous stuff.
Maybe that's because old Uncle Sam hasn't been instituting any regime changes in Canada. 
Quote:Maybe that's because old Uncle Sam hasn't been instituting any regime changes in Canada. 

wow i cant believe windmill boy said something i agree with
Quote:wow i cant believe windmill boy said something i agree with
Don't worry. I'm sure there's a cream for that.